Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear dying?

Wolf-Boy

Dying?  Perhaps.  I fear that dying may be painful or whatnot, but I do not fear being dead at all.  After all, being dead will feel exactly as it felt before you were born.  Being dead is nothing bad or scary.

Moving to General Discussion; this really isn't a debate topic.

Not necessarily afraid of death, but I'm afraid that the people who care about me won't know if it happens, that I'll disappear one day and people will either forget about me or worry about where I've gone and have no resolution to that. I'm also afraid that my life will wind up being pointless by the time I die.

I do not fear death, even knowing its inevitable. However, I do fear that I may not have contributed to this word in a significant way, and I don't want my friends, family and anyone else I love to lose me...

I don't necessarily fear death but I do fear leaving people without me here on Earth. That may sound self-centered but I don't mean "oh, you guys are missing out if ain't here," I mean like if I have a family, like a wife and kids, I'm afraid of leaving them behind. 

I don’t fear death, but I do fear leaving the people I care about. I know how much it would devastate them, and I don’t want to put them through that.

But death itself? Nah, it’s something we’ll all have to face at some point, why fear it? :) 

No, I don't really fear death, as death is a natural part of life, your born, you grow old, and then you die. It's been that way forever and will continue to be that way forever. Sure my family and friends would miss me, but at least they will have all the memories of the good times they shared with me while I was still around :grin:

I don't fear death. It's inevitable and there is no reason to fear it. I don't fear it any more than I would have feared being born. I don't like the idea of my loved ones being sad when I kick the bucket, so I always tell them to throw a bash and get drunk; celebrate that I'm in a better place rather than use my passing as a cue to pointlessly grieve. I don't like the misery of funerals or people getting all dressed in black because of me. That concerns me far more than death. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this up, but I think Mark Twain put it best. He said something along the lines of: "I was dead for an eternity before I was born. I didn't mind it then, and I'm sure I won't mind it later". It's an atheistic perspective to be sure, but since no one can truly claim to know with certainty what will happen after death, It serves as nice response to the fear that there is nothing after death; if existence ends in death, then you won't be around to feel bad about it, so it won't be an issue.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So long as I exist, death cannot

when death does exist I will not

why would I fear that which cannot be so long as I do?

besides, what value would life have without death putting a deadline on it? And by dying we feed the next generation of life.

though I DO fear certain methods in which I could die. I.e. Torture, poison gas, sharp edges and blunt objects of any kind.

my greatest fear though is being forgotten, just another body in a box. But I don't want to go in history books either, as so few really remember those.

what I want is to be a legend, a myth that parents tell their kids st night, that movies are made about a thousand years later. 

That is my wish.

Edited by kaiser5578

My only fear about dying is dying with regrets. In whatever afterlife happens, my soul will never rest if I leave behind some unfinished business. I DO believe in ghosts that stick around on Earth due to unfinished business.

Yes, I do. I'm afraid of it being painful, I'm afraid of leaving behind the people and things I care about, and I'm afraid of what comes after. I'm mostly agnostic in that I don't have any set belief's, but I think the most likely outcome is...nothing. Just an end, which is really terrifying to me, never being able to see, or hear, or even just think ever again. My entire personality, all my memories, everything I am, was, or ever could be just...gone. That's really, really scar, and yes, I know I wouldn't feel that, and I know that's "What it was like before I was born", it doesn't matter, it's still really scary. To me, it makes everything feel a little pointless.

Even if there is an afterlife somehow, who knows what that is? It could be literally anything, that's a pretty scary thought too. There's a lot to fear with death.

I do fear death. I understand that is not avoidable but I am uncomfortable with the fact with just being....asleep forever.

• Brohoof 1