Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear dying?

Wolf-Boy

I don't fear death, I fear losing life.

I mean, I don't fear death itself. It's just eternal nothing, cease of existence. Even if death is going to be a bit painful, it's probably not too bad.

What I really fear is losing time of my life, losing opportunities to be together with my friends and family, have some cool experiences, have fun and feel good. Why live for other things?

• 6 months later...

nope i see dieing as a semi good thing actually because when you do die all your problems go away and you just dont have to worry about any thing any more.

• Brohoof 2

I do not fear dying and never have feared it actually. I don't think like most people, like this "what if" thinking. If I'll die, I'll die. I will probably not die old though. I'm an adrenaline addict, so I guess that plays part in it. I just don't see the point in fearing it.

I fear not death. Regardless of all the religions and non-religions out there there is absolutely no way to know what comes before and after life. There are so many possibilities and not one centralized one. Why do you think that is? Why is it we cannot prove or disprove the existence of any one higher entity?

The only reason anyone fears death is because they don't know what comes after, or there is a fear of not finishing what they want to do in this life.

I don't believe in worrying about what comes after death. If it turns out that any one religion is right then I will accept my fate, whatever that may be. I will reap what I sow even if it means eternal damnation.

I'd like to believe that a paradise that satisfies our individual wants and needs awaits us but wishful thinking will neither prove, disprove or even comfort us in life. The best policy is to enjoy every single day.

I am honestly to a degree, I mean alot of days I'm worried i'm gonna die, and I also worry when I will die, I'd like to live to a decently long age. I don't want to die to soon.

That said I know it has to happen, but it does still kinda scare me I'll be honest.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really afraid of dying. When I'm gone, I won't be aware of it (or anything, for that matter). In a way, it's pretty peaceful. Death also makes you realize how lucky you actually are and makes life worth living. There's that Emily Dickinson quote: "That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet." What bothers me is the transition.

I am not afraid to die whatsoever. 

Any consequence of my death will not be handled by me, and, since I do not believe in an afterlife, I will not feel regret, sadness, or anything of the sort, since I will not be alive to experience it.

I view death as just another part of life. We spend our time here, and when our time is up we move on to whatever is next. So I'm not really afraid of death. I have made peace with the idea, that I am a finite creature, and eventually my time will come to an end. I'm curious about whats on the other side. I mean no one has come back, there is no concrete evidence of what happens to the "soul" when you die, so I just see it as another adventure. 

I guess I'm a bit stuck in the middle with it.

I'm an atheist, and I see death as the end. While it's quite possible, I strongly doubt the presence of an afterlife.

When I die, all of my memories will be gone. Everything that ever was "me" will be gone. The only thing left of me will be what other people remember of me, and they will be gone soon too. It's almost as if I never existed, as well as the rest of the world.

Eventually, life here will cease to exist. Time was here before us, and will continue to be here when we're gone. It's hard to comprehend. but it just seems like none of it matters.

So to put it bluntly, I fear death a LOT to some respect, but at the same time, I see the fear as being pointless, for it's inevitable. I'm scared, but I accept it with open arms because I'm almost sure I won't remember any of this when I'm gone anyway. Just doesn't have much meaning to me.

(edited)

Not the dying itself, but how it'll happen and what comes after. If possible I want to die fighting for something worth it. No guess what happens after death, I believe reincarnation, new body, other dimension or something like it. You can't just vanish into nothingness, that concept makes no sense to me and an eternal life at one Earth-like place with a normal human mind would drive you crazy in a "few" million years, besides this life would be pointless if the "real" eternal one happens in the underworld or other dimension, like ancient Egyptian and Greece religion.

Edited by Tahirih

no i don't fear death. am curious more than anything as to what happens after we die are we reborn or do we walk the earth as spirits watching over out loved ones.

but what ever happens after we die i shall not face it with fear 

Hmm, I think my answer to this question is directly related to my age and life experiences. Right now, I am young and haven't done anything that I want to do. I have a mental bucket list and I wouldn't want to die without accomplishing some things. So right now, I do fear death. I do not want to die and I hope it doesn't happen to me for a long time.

But maybe when I'm older and I'm running out of things to do and if everyone I love is dying around me, then I will not fear death. If there is nothing ahead of me, then it's pretty "meh" if I die or continue to live. But as of now, I have so much I want to try, learn, see and experience. It would be crazy if I didn't fear having all future excitement robbed from me.

(edited)

Day to day, of course I fear dying. They say you don't know how you really feel about your own mortality until you're confronted with it, but I'm not so sure. It's happened to me twice. The first time, as a kid, I was desperate and scared out of my mind. Drowning is an awful way to go. I faced it the second time as an adult, stuck in a cabin during a terrible storm. But that time a strange calm came over me, and suddenly I was much more together than my mom and brother in the same situation. Funny thing is, they're both religious and I'm not. happy.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 1

Nope, not a bit.  I've already faced my two worst fears, the death of all of my dreams and the death of my best friend (the very person who kept facing the first fear from destroying me), at this point, I feel like there isn't much left to fear.

Not at all. Dying might be a great fear to a lot of people, but I don't think that dying can really put fear into me unless someone that I care about dies. Then, I will fear for my life.

My greatest fear is Death. I like me. I like what I have in this world (not material items, but stuff like friends, family, culture, anime I like, music, ect.) I believe in reincarnation. I don't want to come back to the world again. I got VERY lucky in this life. I grew up in a nice town, with a nice family. I don't want to come back as a brainwashed Muslim in the middle east. I don't want to come back in a bad African country and be killed by terrorists. I don't want to come back In Europe and deal with the potential culture changes the immigrants could have made. I don't want to come back in America and face a potential Orwellian nightmare. I don't want to be stuck as a ghost on earth, alone and scared. I'll admit. I'm scared of death. Horrified actually. What if death ISN'T a deep sleep that lasts forever. Then what? (I'm christian but I believe the afterlife is far more complex than just a heaven, and hell). I also fear the pain of dying. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm a little bit scared of death. The thought of slowly fading away and feeling, hearing, seeing, smelling and thinking nothing. But I'm still young, and I'm gonna live my life! yay.png

I don't fear death in and of itself...but when i start thinking about losing my husband, or not being able to see the sunrise, or when I think about getting old and myself dying in general, I get panic attacks.  It's like a tons of thoughts happen in the blink of an eye and I suddenly feel unable to cope, and then fear grips me.  It usually happens right before I go to sleep, and thinking about death makes me stay up later for I become unable to sleep, or I get very gory nightmares. 

Well, as an organic creature, I certainly do fear death. Our instinct to survive is are most powerful drive, and we all, regardless of what people here will say in order to build their own ego, fear death. It's the reason we have adrenalin, and feel fear. Mabye at one point there where creatures here and there who didnt fear, or respond to death. But, they died, probably by walking right up next to a predator at some point.

(edited)

This is another very hard subject to talk about especially for me.

I think each of us fears death in someway, I do to an extent. But what makes me fear the most is how many different beliefs out there that people think to be truth.... It is a really rough topic to discuss so I would rather keep my mouth shut about things... But once people have found the truth death no longer is a fear but next step to something greater. But as I said there is so many different beliefs out there in this world so I am not going to every try to convince another about anything. It is best if that person comes to find out on their own.

We all fear what we do not understand or what is to come. 

Edited by White Rose

fear death? what's there to fear? Death comes for us all. and, if i may quote Gandalf, "Death is just another path, one that we all must take."

Honestly, fearing death is a severe waste of time, i mean, what are you going to do? life carefully so you can arrive at death safely? 

Yes, a lot. I have no idea what happens after I die (No one does, for that matter) and I don't know when it'll happen.

Perhaps my greatest fear about dying is the fact I have nothing to leave behind. That's why I really want to make a name for myself early.

Death in my view, is merely a stage in life where you leave conciousness, and your body as well. You leave all of your worries behind. In my point of view, death is a beautiful thing. It's a gift for all of your hard work. It must never be taken earlier than it is destined to, because some gift bring along things that make it worth waiting for.  When you die, you begin to decompose. As you decompose, your atoms begin to scatter throughout Earth. As your atoms begin to scatter around Earth, the react with others atoms, with newborns, children, adults, and elders. You will always be here, with everyone you love and will love, and you will be 're-born' while your trillions and trillions of atoms are shared with other beings. You are you, but we are you. Do not fear death, for it will come for all of us, soon enough. I do concur that we do not know what happens after death, but I believe that there is nothing after death, just rest, that we cannot feel.

• Brohoof 1