Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever lucid dreamed into Equestria?

SuperUltimateBrony

Have I had lucid dreams before? Yes, many. I began practicing lucid dreaming when I was part of the James Cameron's Avatar fandom so I could dream myself onto Pandora. Had a fair bit of success. Got back into it when Inception came out, even had a lucid dream-within-a-dream after that one. ;)

Have I had pony dreams before? Yes, but few in Equestria, sadly. Most are either fanon-related (had a dream based on My Little Dashie the night I read it) or dreams where ponies are a background theme.

But lucid MLP dreams? No. :( (Not yet ;)).

Edited by Sky Nomad

I do not even know how to do Lucid Dreaming so I am going to have to say no to that...

I DID however, have a dream that Princess Celestia was really some kind of evil tyrant,

I really wasn't too happy about that

Also, I am unfortunately unable to control my own dreams so they just tend to happen at random

Which sometimes results in some really nasty nightmares :(

Edited by ~ds8~

I had a pony dream once, but I didn't know I was dreaming. :S

I was Rainbow Dash, flyin all over the place, and I was in this huge setting with gigantic grassy fields, and then there was a house on top of one of them...

...and then other stuff happened that I can't remember. >.< Y'know how it is with dreams that you can never remember anything.

Still, it was pretty frikkin awesome, even if it was or wasn't actually in Equestria.

Well, I often get a lucid dream, very often, but I've never dreamed about Equestria. I often go to medieval age, slaying orcs or cursing nobles, even to the world of my novel, but no Equestria. I think I should have it a try.

Tips for lucid dream? Don't think that "I want this dream". It's even much better for you not to think at all. When you're sleepy, lay on your bed, stop thinking, let your imagination bring you wherever you want.

Don't think "I want to go to Equestria as my OC".

Just feel (or imagine) "Equestria, my OC", and during the dream, you may control the world (including forming objects), but it's more fun if you don't control it though.

Trust me, I'm a spiritual martial artist.

Edited by Sky Warden

Despite my best effort, I never really managed to get a fully lucid dream. Most of the time I could only control a part of my dream's landscape. One day I tried my best to shape everything to be Canterlot, it was a bad idea.

I don't know much about Canterlot, I only know that the capital was filled with gleaming white buildings and the occasional towers, a waterfall, and a castle somewhere on the mountain's side. What I got in my dream was a city of white. White, pure marble as far as eye could see. Tried to reshape everything, but suddenly my brain decided to pull a dick move and gave me a monster instead :/

Hopefully I can get it right tonight...

What techniques have you used to help you? I've tried everything

Dunno about other methods, but imo the 'reality check' method is the easiest.

The idea is to get yourself a habit trying to check whether you're dreaming or not at random times, even when you're awake. You can try reading small text, comparing your hands, or looking at a mirror. Hopefully you will eventually learn to do it in your dreams.

http://lucid.wikia.com/wiki/Reality_check

On many nights, yes.

Its kind of funny, I have a hard time falling asleep, but when I do, its easy for me to manipulate my dreams. Usually, my dream involves a recent memory/event, within the past hour or so. Let's say I was looking at pictures of Rainbow Dash, and lay down to fall asleep. My dreams will probably involve ponies, and most of the time, it will be RD. But, let's say I'm reading a Harry Potter book, I'll probably be dreaming about being a Hogwarts student.

It never works if I force myself to think about it though, so its impossible for me to force myself into a certain dream, but I can freely manipulate it once it occurs. I very rarely, if ever, remember my dreams.

Well, I often get a lucid dream, very often, but I've never dreamed about Equestria. I often go to medieval age, slaying orcs or cursing nobles, even to the world of my novel, but no Equestria. I think I should have it a try.

Tips for lucid dream? Don't think that "I want this dream". It's even much better for you not to think at all. When you're sleepy, lay on your bed, stop thinking, let your imagination bring you wherever you want.

Don't think "I want to go to Equestria as my OC".

Just feel (or imagine) "Equestria, my OC", and during the dream, you may control the world (including forming objects), but it's more fun if you don't control it though.

Trust me, I'm a spiritual martial artist.

While I agree that forcing a dream by desire is not a good thing, having clear objectives before falling asleep is necessary to me.

What techniques have you used to help you? I've tried everything. One source said I should set the alarm an hour after I go to bed. After I turn it off I must stay awake a full hour, and then go to sleep again. Somehow, my alarm shuts off by itself. Or it doesn't go off but the button is still moved to ALARM. Don't know how it's possible. :wacko:

I use the Wake-Back-To-Bed method during week-ends. I set the alarm clock to ~2 or 3 a.m (I sleep ~6 hours), I stay awake for 30 minutes and then go back to bed (and I then I attempt a MILD). Pretty efficient method :)

As awesome as it would be to lucid dream myself into Equestria, I don't have enough skills to control the environment. The last lucid dream where I actually tried to control things was about me in high school which sucked so I tried to make the entire place burn to the ground but my teacher came up to me and said "yeah you can't control this dream that well. How's that feel, loser?"

I've been too embarrassed by my own subconscious to try again, although I guess now that zombie apocolypse and future adopted children dreams are getting kind of old I don't see why I couldn't try to turn the place into Equestria.

You shouldn't give up. Your subconscious just gave you a fair warning. Dreams are his domain after all, so total control is not recommended.

I have read experiences from people who practiced total control on their dreams. They became more bland each passing night. Like if their subconcious left the house because he couldn't monitor the dreams anymore.

----------------------

Also here is a very nice guide to lucid dreams: http://www.ld4all.com/guide.html

I know another great site but eveything's in French :P

Edited by Akihiro

From time to time, i do get a lucid dream, sadly, the most i'm able to do is fly... I wish i could change my dreams, so i could be in equestria or anything i want it to be. My dreams are very random, a momment you're look looking at a statue, you look away, then back again, and you see a fountain... I remmember i thought seeing a pony, then it turned into a teletubie.... :angry: <_<

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 1

I, myself, haven't managed to do it yet. However, I've been practicing for months after I discovered it wasn't just an old story my father told me. I've only had 3 intentional lucid dreams since then, and they've been really short, but I think I'm extremely close to actually reaching Equestria, which makes me excited :). all I can say about it is that it takes extreme dedication (at least for me) but once you get going, it becomes force of habit.

Well I never knew the term for it when I did, but back when I was really young I use to be able to do it a couple times, i don't remember them that well, however most of the time once I jumped off a cliff or something I realized it was a dream because I lived, and therefore I started doing random things,

However I always got awakened shortly after I gained control. I haven't really had any dreams much actually as of late, and I haven't been able to lucid dream for sure.

I assume there isn't any harmful effects to this? Just something I felt like wondering about, I can't imagine the harm, but who knows.

Sometimes when i'm thinking of bad things though, I try to make sure I don't dream by exhausting myself, which seems to work somehow I think?

Dreams are really confusing.. Its like you can remember them perfectly during your inhabitation of them, but as soon as you awake you forget like everything about them.

Well I never knew the term for it when I did, but back when I was really young I use to be able to do it a couple times, i don't remember them that well, however most of the time once I jumped off a cliff or something I realized it was a dream because I lived, and therefore I started doing random things,

However I always got awakened shortly after I gained control. I haven't really had any dreams much actually as of late, and I haven't been able to lucid dream for sure.

I assume there isn't any harmful effects to this? Just something I felt like wondering about, I can't imagine the harm, but who knows.

Sometimes when i'm thinking of bad things though, I try to make sure I don't dream by exhausting myself, which seems to work somehow I think?

Dreams are really confusing.. Its like you can remember them perfectly during your inhabitation of them, but as soon as you awake you forget like everything about them.

From what I've heard, the only effect of lucid dreaming is that it tires your mind out when you wake up in the morning (which makes sense, considering your consciousness was active for longer than it should have been for sleep).

• Brohoof 1

i lucid dreamt' into equestria i met derpy and the mane six and it was epic. If your looking for really vivid lucid derams get yourself some alphabrain son! https://www.onnit.com/alphabrain/

Just fyi this stuff dosent work for some people but it works for me. What it is basically is nootropics(neurotransmitter supplements) And they make your brain run smoother  

From what I've heard, the only effect of lucid dreaming is that it tires your mind out when you wake up in the morning (which makes sense, considering your consciousness was active for longer than it should have been for sleep).

Oh ok, that does make sense. Guess that also probably means I'm not going to be trying it anytime soon, seeing as I'm already tired most of the time during the morning, no need to wear myself out even more.(Especially with school.)

Sadly I have yet to do so.  But since I'm getting out of college for Winter Break on Friday... I'm gonna have about a month of free time to try and finally get lucid dreaming down to a science.  Because I'd love to visit Equestria in my dreams. ^_^

I haven't dreamt myself into Equestria yet.

So far i've had two (very short) periods of lucidity and two (rather depressing/creepy) pony dreams.

I lost lucidity rather quickly, mostly because i got distracted after realizing i was lucid.

First time i became lucid was while i was playing Terraria. I was able to move in front of a normally impassable block (gold ore). This game has zero collision-related glitches, so I thought "Huh, i must be dreaming! This is cool! I'd better mine this gold first though". I never got back to exploiting my lucidity.

Second time i became lucid was in a zombie-apocalypse dream. Two policemen handed me an AK-47 that shot airsoft pellets and called it a shotgun.

"Wait a second, i'm dreaming. Here, hold this."

I attempted to do... something to a gatorade bottle using my 'dream powers'. (It probably failed because i didn't expect anything to happen).

"Huh. Nevermind. Back to kicking zombie butt."

Edited by Ninjaneer

I haven't dreamt myself into Equestria yet.

So far i've had two (very short) periods of lucidity and two (rather depressing/creepy) pony dreams.

I lost lucidity rather quickly, mostly because i got distracted after realizing i was lucid.

First time i became lucid was while i was playing Terraria. I was able to move in front of a normally impassable block (gold ore). This game has zero collision-related glitches, so I thought "Huh, i must be dreaming! This is cool! I'd better mine this gold first though". I never got back to exploiting my lucidity.

Second time i became lucid was in a zombie-apocalypse dream. Two policemen handed me an AK-47 that shot airsoft pellets and called it a shotgun.

"Wait a second, i'm dreaming. Here, hold this."

I attempted to do... something to a gatorade bottle using my 'dream powers'. (It probably failed because i didn't expect anything to happen).

"Huh. Nevermind. Back to kicking zombie butt."

Yeah, this mainly shows the one final obstacle between being successful or not. Even if you realize you're dreaming, because your mind is programmed to stay asleep, you're likely to keep doing whatever it is you were doing in the dream anyway. 

I had essentially the same thing happen in my first intentional lucid dream. I was in a hallway looking at...something or other (I don't remember), realized I was asleep, but went back to doing it anyway. This setback is why I prefer trying to use WBTB or WILD methods over hoping that 1. You will realize you're dreaming and 2. You will manage to break free of the desire to finish the dream. It's possible, but I find it unreliable.

Although, just my personal preference :/

• Brohoof 1

So if you begin to lucid dream, you won't be able to experience a magical dream anymore? The ones where you don't know you're dreaming, but they are still epic. The ones where it feels like you're in real life but you're not. That's a bummer. I still want to learn how to lucid dream though.

I've had dreams where someone dies, and I alert myself that I'm obviously dreaming because I know they aren't dead. I've also had dreams where I'd dream there would be a pop quiz in my class and I dreamt I took it and the teacher went over the answers. Sure enough, it happened and I aced the quiz.

Not sure if these count as lucid though.

I don't think many people get to the point where they only have lucid dreams, and stop having non lucid dreams. Most people who are good at lucid dreaming still have a substantial amount of non lucid dreams, so you don't really have to worry about losing them  :)

• Brohoof 1

Hell, if I could Equestria wouldn't be my first choice to lucid dream into. I can't even recall when was the last time I've dreamed at all. Most importantly, don't think I could handle such a thing.

I have lucid dreamed into Equestria once but I can't remeber many details. In the end of it was consoling Rainbow Dash. For some odd reason she was very sad by the end of the dream and I was her shoulder to cry on. I felt like a good person in the dream but was never able to recreate that feeling in any other dream.

• Brohoof 1

I have began to master lucid dreaming, and am starting to get control when I want to dream. I tried for Equestria, but only got it once. It wasn't very... happy, and went like this. 

I started out seeing all the trees in Equestria on fire, destroyed buildings, and terror everywhere. I asked a pony what was going on, it told me that ZYIN, the god of terror has returned and teamed with Discord.They went on a killing spree, even killing Celestia. The rest was too long to continue on with, but at the end I helped manage to end them both, and never found out what happened afterwords.

• 3 weeks later...

(Hoping to revive this thread) No sadly. I'm thinking maybe I should try to learn how to have lucid dreams. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't lucid dream dreams where you have control over what's happening and actually feel stuff (like pain and such if something in your dream happened that would hurt you or something like that.) I would love to be able to decide to go to equestria or train pokemon in my sleep. In fact (if possible) maybe even be able to continue my pokemon or whatever dreams. I'm just getting happy and excited thinking about it.

The time I lucid dreamed into Equestria was, when I was watching a episode of Wonderbolts Academy. But, it turns out I was sleeping in class, and was flying with Rainbow Dash in Equestria, I was so excited with glee. What a great lucid dream it was.

Noticed a few ponies say they 'don't dream much', well actually you do! :D Sadly, you do not remember it. I'm being serious with this - you dream almost very night - if not every night - thanks to REM, but you won't always remember it.

I have had very few lucid dreams in my life, and in fact from memory I only remember about three.

Although I don't get much sleep nowadays, I haven't ever really had a dream about Equestria - although I'd kind of love to! 

Though, would you be able to see yourself? Equestria being a cartoon world and all, if you looked at your feet would you be cartoon too? Would Equestria be, well, 'real'? This is always something that confuses me somewhat.