Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Songs you're working on that are going on Pony.fm

Crystal Skull

I thought this would be a good idea of a topic. What are you going to upload on pony.fm? And what are you making to go onto pony.fm?

I have one song where pinkie sings about giggling at the ponies... It's a good song. I am working on a song where the mane 6 sing about pony.fm and at the end there's a fast message that says "made by feld0" it's gonna be great!

Anyway share what you have and share early copies of what you're going to upload. I'm looking forward to listen to them.

• Brohoof 6

Great idea for a topic @Crystal Skull!

I really look forward to hearing your Pony.fm song - it's certainly fun, and it really means a lot to me, that Pony.fm is already getting fan music of its own before anyone other than me has a meaningful level of access to the site.

I don't consider myself much of a composer, but I do have one piece of music that accidentally turned out as what could arguably be called FiM crossover fan music, Grim Tellings (there's a funny story behind how that happened). I've been contemplating whether to upload it or not. The other music I've written has absolutely no connection to ponies, so it would not be appropriate.

• Brohoof 4

I'm totally gonna be remaking my first pony song. I feel it needs to be redone since I restarted my music not that long ago. So yeah... that, and most definitely my newest pony-based song, Factory District.

*Sigh* I have so many unfinished works, it's not even funny. There are probably 10 that are incredibly close to being finished (I have friends who keep telling me "They're good enough; just publish them!"), and I have another ~100-200 unfinished works with varying lengths of sample data that I'll expand upon later. (None of them have sensible file names either. :P)

As for pony stuff, I have plenty that are near-ready, but none of them feel "finished". They have everything needed to be a song, I just wouldn't feel right in publishing them yet.

They all need that certain something that makes it all come together. I just haven't found what it is yet.

I think i'm going to upload every song I have onto PonyFm. xD After all, if I'm seriously considering using the site, i might as well use it to its full extent!

As long as I don't crash the server, that is.

the Phony Brony

• Brohoof 4

I'm working on a symphonic metal type song called "1000 years ago" intro-ing what may turn into an album. It will include vocals. :D

Here's a sample of some progress. (I'm going to work on improving the electric guitar, yes I know it's bad.)

http://soundcloud.com/silverdest/one-thousand-years-ago-preview

EDIT: Soundcloud media tags, y u no work. ;_;

Edited by Silver Arrow

As of now I'm working on a acoustic song about Spitfire.  I also am in the process of writing a song about the fandom in general and how some of it has lost sight of Love and Tolerate.  

Just finished up a test run of Moonrise Anthem the other day, a song made with the Lunar Princess in mind. The first minute was vaguely electronic-ish, but the rest of the song turned into a very nice piano solo with an ambient synth/sub-bass for harmonies. All in all, I'm happy with it! (I just wish I had a slightly better sounding piano.)

https://pony.fm/tracks/37-drift-moonrise-anthem-test-version

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 1

I'm currently working on a Chiptune soundtrack for a fangame, counting about 20 songs so far, and after that I'll be working on an other fangame soundtrack, a homebrew pony game for the Sega Genesis.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a secret project that will probably keep me busy for the next month or so. :D

It could be a very, very memorable song, or it could turn out to be a total dud, depending how I approach it.

"Certainty of death, *small* chance of success...What are we waiting for?!?" - Gimli, Lord of the Rings

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently working on a song regarding the possible turn of Twilight Sparkle into an alicorn. The vocals are completely done, now only the instrumentals... Also, I am working in a thing I had in mind for ages, a general song about MLP: FiM, those lyrics are complicated in that song, so that's going to take a little while...

Going to import my first of 3 albums onto pony.fm soon (it's currently free on bandcamp).Currently working on the other two albums now.  Second album will be Chaos Squared and focus on villains, discorded ponies, and darker music. Third album will be Bootleg and will feature plunderphonics and sampled medleys, covers, and mash-ups. But those are a ways off. Redid a Trixie a hardcore song with a little more of a jungle feel and added some vocal samplels fro the Magic Duel episode to give it a feeling that Trixie was the mc/toaster. Also doing the 100th remix of Eurobeats Discord but done in a disco style, Disco(rd) if you will so hopefully a bit different. Working on a few others songs and ideas to fit the concept of both albums.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just started on a

techno-orchestral track

exclusively for Pony.fm

Dunno what to name it :I

Any suggestions?

I can also probably get a theme out of the name :3

thanks xD

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea for a topic! :)

I've got today set-aside to re-record and remaster my first pony-themed remake... it's about how even though a pony may not have wings, (or may otherwise be limited by her physical form,) that in her heart she can fly, she is free.  <3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Working on a remix of Celestia's ballad. Have an old school hip-hop tracks with LOADS of sampling that i rapped over as the Professor (in the background of the s3Ep1 premiere "that is correct") who explains the science behind alicorns and how it relates the Twilicorn drama. Also a disco version of Eurobeat Brony's Disco(rd). Then cleaning up some older tracks for album #2 (and #3 later down the road).

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 2

I don't have any original pony music, all I have is a cover/parody of becoming popular. I want to make originals but I can't write music until an idea comes to me which is an extremely unpredictable thing.

I don't have any original pony music, all I have is a cover/parody of becoming popular. I want to make originals but I can't write music until an idea comes to me which is an extremely unpredictable thing.

You can still post it! :D