Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

Well I hope it's not true. Neither of them, but especially Twilight being an alicorn I think would totally ruin the show. And no more Derpy? Well the show would still be ok, I guess, but it would be sad :(

Ugh, I know there's a commercial saying Twilight will find her destiny which seems to support this somewhat. I just hope it's not true because I think the show will take a downward turn. 

• Brohoof 12

I would take this with enough salt to kill a grown man. There is absolutely no way to verify the authenticity of that statement. 4chan has had more posts of this nature than anyone can remember, and reddit's not exactly much of a step up in any regard.

• Brohoof 37

I think that it might be true since the whole alicorn twilight idea has long been suggested by hasbro and there was one MLP event where they showed an art of alicorn twilight.

A5VYKeXCAAAaOWb.jpg+large.jpg

Look hard at the background.

Edited by khaine21x3

I wish I could dismiss it as just a hoax, but I have seen things that make me believe this might be legit (A marketing picture of alicorn Twilight, much less Derpy in season 3, Twilight's "destiny" in episode previews). 

I'm fine with the Derpy thing, she's a background pony and should be treated as such. 

But alicorn Twilight is plain...ugh. 

I don't think this is actually a reliable source of information at all. Most likely fake. Why reveal stuff like that at all, if it's going to happen?

• Brohoof 7

As long as the show continues to bring a good amount of slice-of-life episodes that features the awesome personalities of the Mane 6, I couldn't care less. Yes, Alicorn Twilight sounds kind of lame, but I'm looking forward to the next season's storylines.

No Derpy

Alicorn Twilight

Hasbro: "MORE TOY SALES!!"

pANOw.jpg

For all that is good, I dearly hope this is a hoax. Do they really want to destroy the continuity by giving Twilie some wings just to sell some toys?

*shiver

There is this small chance that the change is not permanent (like Crystal Mane Six), though.

• Brohoof 10

I'm just going to hope this isn't true, as it would just destroy the show- I'm already having trouble watching season 3 because I'm finding it bad enough.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just going to hope this isn't true, as it would just destroy the show- I'm already having trouble watching season 3 because I'm finding it bad enough.

Corporate greed always ruins everything and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off worse changes to sell toys and maximize profits.

Powerpuff_Girls_Z.jpg

^

G2 powerpuff girls

• Brohoof 8

Yeah... No. Not buying it at all. This is just someone elaborately fishing for attention. That line "Overwhelming response from the fanbase?" That is all this person wants, to scare the ever-loving crap out of everyone. They make it sound like things that Hasbro could conceivably do to make it seem realistic, but they're not giving us anything new. They've just noticed fears that Hasbro will could interfere with the show, that Derpy will be phased out, that Twi could become an Alicorn etc. and decided to troll the fandom by pretending to confirm them. Sure, these things might happen anyway, but whoever posted this is a fraud.

• Brohoof 18

Well shit.

Even if this isn't credible, it sure is written well. I knew we would be getting less Derpy from the start, and that Twilight Alicorn marketing couldn't have been faked that easily.

I saw it coming. I just hope no more crazy things happen in the meantime.

Corporate greed always ruins everything and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off worse changes to sell toys and maximize profits.

That perhaps, or they're still trying to focus on the ever shrinking target demographic, little girls. They should consider aiming towards us more often.

Edited by DeltaTangent
  • Brohoof 2

I've heard from someone else that Hasbro is letting them bring Derpy back under strict conditions. Lack of Derpy and alicorn Twilight wouldn't ruin the show for me, but I'd rather not see that happen. In my opinion, if Twilight does become an alicorn, it should be during the series' finale, not at the end of season 3.

I'm hoping this is a hoax, though, because we've had hoaxes in the past. Guess we won't really know until Season 3 ends.

• Brohoof 3

One of the hub's promos said "One pony" (definitely Twilight) "will discover her true destiny."

Even before I saw the reddit post, that just screamed "alicorn" to me.

Edited by Mister Jack
  • Brohoof 3

As much as it pains me, I guess removing Derpy is understandable...damn sue-happy soccer moms.

But Twilight becoming an alicorn...why? Seriously, why? What would it fulfill other than being a toy-selling cliche? And like the possibility of Dashie becoming a Wonderbolt, wouldn't this undercut the whole purpose of the Mane 6? Plus, aren't the only alicorns powerful rulers? Twilight is in no position of political power. An alicorn living a humble life in Ponyville makes zero sense.

Seems kind of odd that the producers are considering all these major changes while at the same time confirming a season 4. Normally such changes are series-finale material.

Assuming this is a real leak...

Edited by Sky Nomad
  • Brohoof 2

Well bugger...

tumblr_mdm4rf0h291qmsjxx.gif

I don't know If I can live with that. I mean that is a dramatic step in the wrong direction. Hopefully they can try and make the best of it as they can. There's basically nothing to be done about it.

• Brohoof 9

Honestly I've got mixed feelings about this.  Part of me believes it, but then a part of me doesn't.  The image of Twilight with wings does have me a little worried.  Remember all that promotional crap we saw for the royal wedding several months before the season finale?  That all ended up being accurate, and that is why I can't decide if I can dismiss that reddit post entirely. 

Hell, don't get me wrong.  Twilight Sparkle has been and always will be best pony in my oppinion.  But turning her into an alicorn smells strongly of jumping the shark, which worries me greatly. 

• Brohoof 4

I suppose  derpy's lack of appearance would explain that she's being taken out.  ugh i think i'm going to puke.   If they can derpy  next season  I will no longer watch the show.  canning derpy  will tick a lot of people off.  

Edited by angels_gal
  • Brohoof 2

Oh GOD!!!! If Hasbro has more control over the show then it may just be all girly to get more people to buy there merch.

I am ok about Derpy since most of the things I like about her are fan made. But alicorn  twilight might make me... Stop watching the show!

HOLD UP A SECOND!!!

After reading this I went to talk with a friend who has been in contact with the director and apparently this apparently is not true.

tumblr_m9f6zg7GPY1r42mq7.gif

Oh yes, this is an easy move to fake on anyone's behalf. From what I've heard there is meant to be an episode dedicated to Derpy along with a variety of other stuff which I can't reveal. This is similar to when 4chan was saying that Season 3 was the last one. I recommend you take this with a pinch of salt.

• Brohoof 24

I certainly hope you're right, although your friend claiming that there will be a Derpy episode directly contradicts an earlier official statement saying that she wouldn't get any more speaking appearances so I can't really fully believe what your friend says either.

Edited by Mister Jack

Hmm, Hasbro haven't really been listening to the bronies' point of view. Is this a step to try and get rid of us? Or am I just being paranoid...

Why would they try to get rid of us when we've quite possibly increased their sales on MLP toy by quite a lot?

Also, why would their young girl demographic be shrinking?

• Brohoof 3

So basically this "press release" is the exact opposite of what's actually going to happen? I had a feeling, especially since there was no sign of this on EqD.

That's interesting about Derpy (err..."Ditzy" as she will probably be called).

Can you confirm that Twilight won't become an Alicorn, as well?

Edited by Sky Nomad