Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

I guess I could take the fact that they'll be removing Derpy appearances... Though it'll be depressing to not have any more excitement in the background anymore with our beloved pony...Not to mention the load of bronies that are going to quit watching if she is leaving. 

(Stupid soccer moms complaining about every freaking thing in the world...)

But making Twilight an alicorn? I mean I'm glad to hear that a fourth season is in the making but are they seriously planning on making her one?! Hasbro better know what they're doing to the fanbase that has brought MLP to it's golden age. This better be a hoax... because making her one would result in ending the show's life, they should just make that event the complete finale of FiM, not that of a season's. It would be a shame if the fanbase we have made suddenly crashes due to a poor decision.

So back in the year 1999 there was a movie that came out that many had waited years for. Excitement was high and expectations flowed through the street. Then people saw the movie and all those hopes and dreams crashed around them. Many swore they would leave and never return. However in 2002 the experience was repeated and those who said they would leave, once again went to see the next chapter. 

This time though they knew what to expect and not to get there expectations high. The reaction was still there but not as bad. It happened once more and then there were no more films to look forward to. Surely with three disappointing films it would have killed the fan base. However the fan base grew, continues to grow and there isn't any new movies. What could have happened?

Those fan boys were looking at it through their narrow "this is what I like" glasses. Others remembered the good things, the things they liked and shared that with others. Even the new movies brought in fans who discovered the originals. To this day there is a fan base that loves Star Wars.

Point being is this wont ruin MLP.

I'll keep most of my opinions to myself about alicorn Twilight as they are generally negative in nature.

Personally, I'm going to wait and see what happens to see if these rumors are true or not because you're not really going to know for sure that something will happen until it actually happens.  Season 3 to me has been completely lackluster and doesn't even live up to the previous two seasons.  There have been a couple of gem episodes hidden here and there, but in my opinion they have been very far and few between.  It seems like it was rushed and not planned out very well and they kind of threw out whatever they could (the season is already almost over with half the episodes as the previous seasons and it has left a lot to be desired.)

Equestria Daily recently posted this though (a playset with what appears to be an alicorn Twilight in it.)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/possible-alicorn-twilight-toy-in.html

And here is the Toy World January 2013 magazine link if you want to see it for yourself.  It's on page 211.  Navigation is at the top and you can type in the page number and hit enter.  I used the zoom tool and it sure looks like an alicorn Twilight to me.  Judge for yourself.

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A20m1d/ToyWorldJanuary2013/resources/index.htm

I don't mind Derpy, she was just a useless background character anyways and I really don't give half a rats ass what happened to her anyways.

But Twi is mane 6 so messing with who she is will screw the show over.

Than again, you saw this on Reddit, one of the biggest stains on the internet, and 99% of it is unreliable trolling and rumors.

Also do you guys remember "Pinkestia" it wasn't canon and it didn't happen.

We also had Crystal Mane 6 toys, but canonly we only saw the mane 6 like that for a brief moment.

Perhaps this will be a one episode thing that ends it typical "I just want to be myself" FiM fashion.

Edited by ZLTavs

I just wanted to add my views into this.

Hasbro is a business and exists to make money.

We were lucky to get Derpy talking at all, she is after all, a background character.

I am somewhat surprised that the parties (which company makes the character decisions?) haven't played the P.C card here though.

I don't think any production individual would be willing to talk about the client (Hasbro) in a negative manor, which is what that felt like to me.

I'm fairly recent to this alicorn Twilight thing but my worry is that it sounds conclusive to me. So when this happens it could mark the end of the TV series.

Also it would somewhat off-put the balance and leave Rarity as the only "unicorn". This also gives three flighted ponies, two with magic abilities and two earth ponies. This seems rather odd to me and could be resolved by adding an extra character which simply would not work.

I hope this makes sence. Was certainly a chore typing this on an ipad.

Also has a forth season been commissioned as of now?

------------------------------------

Also am I right in thinking that an Alicorn and Princess arn't nessisarrily related? I.e you can be one without the other? It's something that seems to be confusing many posters on here.

Edited by ajm

Honestly I'd be okay with Twilight becoming an Alicorn either by the end of the series or if she were to possibly "transform" whenever she wanted. When I first heard about the rumors, I cringed. hard. The idea itself just made me want to dismiss it as false immediately. (which it is, right?)

The entire thing sounded like it was ripped out of a MLP fan fiction or something. But, after watching the first episode of S3, It intrigued me further. I opened up to the possible fate for Twilight Sparkle. With the possible hints with Luna holding a book near the end of Episode 1's credits, and Twilight "moving on to next level of her studies", I was more and more leaning toward the rumor of it being true.

So, if it ever does happen, then I won't complain.

Like many of you have already explained, Studio B knows how to pull things off really, really well. If they ever do try to attempt this, then I know it's in good hands and we don't have to worry.

Edited by Raikissu

Honestly I'd be okay with Twilight becoming an Alicorn either by the end of the series or if she were to possibly "transform" whenever she wanted. When I first heard about the rumors, I cringed. hard. The idea itself just made me want to dismiss it as false immediately. (which it is, right?)

The entire thing sounded like it was ripped out of a MLP fan fiction or something. But, after watching the first episode of S3, It intrigued me further. I opened up to the possible fate for Twilight Sparkle. With the possible hints with Luna holding a book near the end of Episode 1's credits, and Twilight "moving on to next level of her studies", I was more and more leaning toward the rumor of it being true.

So, if it ever does happen, then I won't complain.

Like many of you have already explained, Studio B knows how to pull things off really, really well. If they ever do try to attempt this, then I know it's in good hands and we don't have to worry.

It would be an awesome idea if Twi only turned into an Alicorn at times of great rage and necessity, kind of like an uncontrollable potential locked within  her....

I'm super excited for alicorn twilight, despite the many dislikes of this. SHES GOING TO BE ADORABLE.

Also wondering if her and luna will be trying to get closer? Hmmm not sure what else to say other than I am ok with where mlp is going c: :D

If this is all true, it makes me wonder what other meddling Hasbro might be doing in DHX's creation.

I know people say to have faith in the writers at DHX, but remember that Hasbro is holding a gun to their heads, and there's only so much that even the best writing can do.

Hasbro should do what it does best: make toys. Let DHX make the show and let the writers make their own decisions. The show should dictate the toys, not the other way around.

So has the end really come for our favorite grey mailmare? Will we really be without the Stunning Derpy Hooves, or Ditzy Doo?

This is nothing short of murder.

The girl I am, I literally cried when i found out that they were just phasing her out.

So instead of crying, whining, complaining(unless you have legitamate plans to bring her back)

I think we should give our golden haired klutz a proper farewell.post-9480-0-31565700-1359513185_thumb.pngpost-9480-0-01324700-1359513191_thumb.png

The Doctor is going to miss his cutest companion

• Brohoof 1

They're.....taking her out?????  :(  :(  :(  :(  POUR QUOI!?! :angry:  *clears throat* That's right folks, the world has gone mad. In other news, SkyeRibbonPony has made a fabulous tribute to Ditzy Doo/Derpy and we all appreciate her efforts. Thank you. 

• Brohoof 1

If this is all true, it makes me wonder what other meddling Hasbro might be doing in DHX's creation.

I know people say to have faith in the writers at DHX, but remember that Hasbro is holding a gun to their heads, and there's only so much that even the best writing can do.

Hasbro should do what it does best: make toys. Let DHX make the show and let the writers make their own decisions. The show should dictate the toys, not the other way around.

Definitely agree with that last statement. Preach.

But anyway, I do think the writers could pull off some Alicorn!Twilight pretty well. I've been really impressed with how Season 3 went (Haven't watched the latest 3 episodes though, in case they are any different), and we all knew how ultra-terrible the episode synopsizes sounded. At best, Twilight might just return to her normal unicorny-ness. Unless it's confirmed that she'll stay like that. It isn't, is it?

Well, all I can say is that they might pull it off. I hate it as much as the next person, but I have some faith in the script writers and animators-- And the show itself always has pleasant animation, so I will not stop watching it if it's true.

As for derpy... I'm not sure why. If most of their fainbase is older than 10, and nearly all of those fans derpy fans, wouldn't they fear losing viewers?

Well, if the show does turn for the worse, we still have the fandom :)

From what I know and since I TL;DR'd most of the thread this may have already been stated, is that Alicorn Twi is

SPOILER ALERT

A portion of the S3 finale that revolves around a mishap in Twi's spells that replaces "Cutie marks and destinies" from the synopsis. I am assuming by the accompanying pic which I cant seem to find (that twi with a bathrobe thing on but as an alicorn) that since the episode(s) is/are about her correcting it...The change is NOT permanent.

• Brohoof 2

It's been confirmed that the post was in fact true.

http://i.imgur.com/BGXOp37.jpg

Lauren Faust even posted she had no say in the topic

http://gyazo.com/cc5c827a686881c65656052207b2ebb3

I only wonder now:
1. Twilight becoming and Alicorn.

A ) How will the episodes be like in S4?

B ) What will happen to the other Mane 6?

2. Derpy is being erased, for good!

A ) How will the Major Fandom react to this?

B ) Will the fandom start to slowly deplete itself?

From what I know and since I TL;DR'd most of the thread this may have already been stated, is that Alicorn Twi is

SPOILER ALERT

A portion of the S3 finale that revolves around a mishap in Twi's spells that replaces "Cutie marks and destinies" from the synopsis. I am assuming by the accompanying pic which I cant seem to find (that twi with a bathrobe thing on but as an alicorn) that since the episode(s) is/are about her correcting it...The change is NOT permanent.

Oh my goodness, you do not know how much a light of hope now set off in my heart when I heard this. Maybe she turns back into a Unicorn and everything goes back to normal.

Edited by AfroPony

Not to be a downer, but I feel like they wouldn't be making a whole new bunch of alicorn toys if it only lasts for one episode.  I could be wrong on this but I dunno.

It worked with the Crystal Ponies.

As for derpy... I'm not sure why. If most of their fainbase is older than 10, and nearly all of those fans derpy fans, wouldn't they fear losing viewers?

Two words: Soccer moms.

Derpy got canned because a bunch of PC soccer moms got their underpants in a bunch because they thought she was offensive.

Good. I dislike Derpy and most of the fanon around her.

I honestly don't care if she returns or not. She's just another background pony to me, and I was never fond of her.

I just wish people stopped whining about MUH DERPY 24/7.

• Brohoof 2

Unnecessary.

Jerks. I can't even see a solid "commercial" reason for this other tha some blockhead in charge thinks it's offensive..... Somehow...

Celestia damn them to Tartarus.

Well... Thay can't kick her out of my roleplay game! MWA-HAHAHAHA!

Edited by moonlightavenger

People say we should trust the writers...

Someone needs to tell that to Hasbro. They need to go back to selling toys and let the writers do their own jobs. If anything, they should be making their toys based on the show, rather than the other way around. With the premier of G4, the television show has become the face of the My Little Pony franchise, rather than the toy line. Hasbro should recognize this shift and change accordingly...they'd probably make even more money that way.

And they need to grow a pair and tell the handful of diaper-sniffing, overly sensitive soccer moms to go scratch. They threw literally millions of fans of all ages under the bus because maybe a few dozen thin-skins couldn't take it.

DHX, for the sake of your own work, please show a little backbone to Hasbro and stand up for your own ideas.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 4