Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

I'm flattered you took my comment so seriously as to write a small wall of text in response.Mind you, I did read and basically agree with it. And I appreciate people who like a good debate and are thorough in their responses and opinions. But thing is, I never once commented on believing the Reddit post as fact.  All I'm seeing is a big fat coincidence and are basically mentioning that I wouldn't be surprised based on the recent occurence if this coincedence stretched to S4.

As to my opinion on seeing Hasbro as a backstabber, it all stems from how I've seen their francise managment work during G3 and G4. G3 was an abysmal shallow era with no effort put into it, but it still somehow brought them money. I wouldn't be surprised considering how succesful G4 has been if they decided to stop putting anymore effort and continue working with it in a rather halfassed manner by simple leaning on the popularity G4 has build up to now.

I think its an important thing to discuss, as it seems to me most of the negative attutude stems from it. Discussions of Alicorn Twilight were far tamer before the rumor. I have been bringing it up alot as it still seems to be at the back of everyone's mind. Heck this very topic is dedicated to it. 

It is true they have handled the franchise poorly in the past. I do think there is a tendency to forget that this has happened before in this series. It is also very prevalent in other hasbro series(Transformers the movie).

This is how much I care about twilight being an alicorn. The amount I care is so exponential; I can't even put it into words properly. So...... MFW vvv

post-12023-0-27680500-1359605812_thumb.jpg

Edited by DerpJoe
  • Brohoof 1

There's a major spoiler here about Season 3 Finale.... Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

But I'm willing to bet there will be a huge uproar over this.

You are a bit late to the party.To be honest the response is a lot better than I thought it would be. It seems most of the crazy was contained on /mlp/ which should surprise no one. Whilst there is some arm flailing its not quite as bad as I expected. That being said there should be no arm flailing.

• Brohoof 1

Most of you probably already saw these, but here are a couple of link to complete confirmation of alicorn twilight. However, derpy removal is still not confirmed to my knowledge.

Hub facebook post:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=463203013728786&set=a.155347071181050.33326.119249468124144&type=1&theater

Page with other info:

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/29/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-exclusive-twilight-princess/

Well, in the final episode of S3, cutie marks get switched around and Twilight has to look for a cure and to do this she has to use magic of her own, or something like that, I only glances at the description of it. There is also going to be a season 4 from what I heard. I mean we thought Fluttershy was gonna be turned into a dragon, and that never happened so.......hmm....I do not think it would ruin the series if it happened, if it does it would probably be temporary.

Jumping to conclusions is bad, mmkay.

I hardly think they're going to remove any of the main characters.  This would run the possibility of upsetting the target audience (children) whom are fond of them.  IMO they could just watch the viewing figures fall through the floor.

Also I don't think moving back to Canterlot would be a possibility either, the series started by moving to Ponyville and I would therefore imagine it would stay as such.

If they make too many changes to the format they run the risk of going back the problems they had with past generations.

Now, when it comes to debates such as this, I try to keep my nose out of it. But, there are a few things I know that is possible. For example, Alicorn Twilight. That is definitely coming to pass, but I don't believe it shall be permanent. What I believe is that, according to sources, "Twilight changes the destinies of all the ponies" means that she possibly just swapped places with Princess Celestia or Princess Luna by accident, and her "Writing her own magic" means that she is just trying to create a spell to reverse the effect.

Now, as for the removal of Derpy, I'm not pleased with it at all. My opinion on it is that they only took her away for a short amount of time to plan something even bigger with her. Sure, the entire debate began just because of her voice sounding too harsh and her eyes being too wall-eyed, and her name, gosh, someone got BUTTHURT over a name that means NOTHING! Let's literally try and find the word DERPY in the dictionary and see if there is an actual meaning for it. OF COURSE THERE ISN'T! It was a good thing she wasn't named Ditzy, or there would be a real problem, cause Ditzy does mean slow, retarded, and the such! But, going off topic....I believe that they are jut gonna keep Derpy under wraps for a bit, then bring her back, cause whether people like it or not, Derpy is the face of the brony community, and take that away and the entire fanbase of the series will shatter FAST.

My belief: in season 4, they are gonna go away from the Mane 6 to let Twilight work with her alicorn abilities, IF SHE IS STILL AN ALICORN IN THAT SEASON, and direct the attention to some of the famous background ponies, like Derpy and Doctor Whooves....or whatever Hasbro calls the Doctor...or perhaps deal with more stuff with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. No one can be certain that Hasbro or the Hub will do anything just from pre-released information, since this information is normally ALWAYS fake. Think positive, for the things that we may hate may be a blessing in disguise.

However, look at season 3 so far: except for the first episodes, there have barely been any episodes with a focus on the character who is supposedly supposed to be the main character. Although while I appreciate the fact that they've been fleshing out the other main characters too (like Spike and Applejack; who have gotten a record-breaking two episodes focusing on them), if they are doing something to increase Twilight's prominence to make up for it, we'll have to see what ends up happening.

You are a bit late to the party.To be honest the response is a lot better than I thought it would be. It seems most of the crazy was contained on /mlp/ which should surprise no one. Whilst there is some arm flailing its not quite as bad as I expected. That being said there should be no arm flailing.

Yeah, I'm always late to parties. But best to be fashionably late.

I've been reading everything on the site and of course you have those people who claim this is where the show jumps the shark, but so far, it's not too crazy. People are like, "whatever."

Yeah, I'm always late to parties. But best to be fashionably late.

I've been reading everything on the site and of course you have those people who claim this is where the show jumps the shark, but so far, it's not too crazy. People are like, "whatever."

Its weird I think the rumor in part was kinda like a double edged sword. It let the possibility kinda sit for a while in our heads to a point where many of the fandom had already dealt with it emotionally  Though I dont think we would have had as much negativity at all if it hadnt been instilled in the fanbase to begin with, by someone who I highly doubt worked on the show. 

That said there are still plenty of irrational reaction. I saw one person on twitter go as far to say that it wasn't a character driven show anymore. Ludicrous. 

Edited by Anadu Kune

Saw this on reddit.  Really hope like hell it isn't true.  If it is, there are spoilers in it for season 3 so keep that in mind if you intend to read further:

img-992320-1-tumblr_mewn33fbjf1rdfpvto1_

im pretty sure i saw this same post a few months ago and it turned out ot be a troll... with that said, the fact that some of it is true is worrying.... but i dont think someone actualy working on it would go on reddit and start yapping about it. so.... i dont know. 

im pretty sure i saw this same post a few months ago and it turned out ot be a troll... with that said, the fact that some of it is true is worrying.... but i dont think someone actualy working on it would go on reddit and start yapping about it. so.... i dont know. 

Im not sure if it was confirmed as a troll, though the evidence I have seen, along with the way it it is written seems to heavily indicate as such. Just out of curiosity where did you see it confirmed as a troll? It shouldnt be surprising that some of the info in this turned out to be real as all of the info in this was available before it was posted. Twilight Alicorn images leaked well before this. It is good to see that more people are starting realize how unlikely its a person would risk his/her job and career in such a manner.

I never saw any real reason to react negatively towards Twilight becoming an alicorn. This new arc can most likely have some potential to be great; it really just depends on the final product, and how it's written and handled.

My only gripe with this is that the writers may be drawing that card too early in the series. I'd more prefer to see several of the other character arcs get resolved first, and probably save the Twilight-Alicorn plot for whichever is gonna be the official finale season.

I can honestly tell you that this is definitely a troll. The alicorn Twilight bit, that was to be expected for quite some time. Derpy going MIA, on the other hand, is a suicide thought for the show. If Derpy really was killed off, so to speak, that's gonna hurt the fandom something fierce.

Most of you probably already saw these, but here are a couple of link to complete confirmation of alicorn twilight. However, derpy removal is still not confirmed to my knowledge.

Hub facebook post:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=463203013728786&set=a.155347071181050.33326.119249468124144&type=1&theater

Page with other info:

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/29/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-exclusive-twilight-princess/

I doubt the Derpy removal will happen. My guess is that they have something planned for her, something that will cause this entire debate to stop once and for all without removing her. The name, that's obviously not changing since the official MLP wikipedia page still has her labeled as "Derpy".

We're not the target audience anyway so I really dont mind if they make these changes. There are two things I'm worried about though. One
is that Hasbro is doing this for the sake of profit (Which is obviously happening). The Other is that We might destroy the fandom by our over reaction. And I think the second one is worse than the first one.

Why?

We think that we're the core of the show. We think that the show is about us. But let's face it. It's still a show meant for little girls. Hell, mlp would've been fine if bronies didnt exist. Now, we're just destroying the show and the fandom at the same time with our constant barrage of walls of texts expressing our discontent on why they're doing something we dont like.

If this Alicorn Twilight is making you leave the fandom, then leave. Its your loss. Not ours.

Love and Tolerance. Yeah, right. Cant even Tolerate a fictional candy colored pony having wings.

But as for me, let the guys who make the show do what they want or what they're told to. I'm here to enjoy and nothing more.

I'm just gonna copypaste what I wrote in another thread about all this...

"Hasbro hasn't said anything either way about Derpy's existance in the
episodes as of late. Even the quote above was from a voice actor about a
/fan/ project. The cast and crew haven't talked about it (probably
because something is keeping them from doing so), and nothing else about
it is known.

A long laundry list claiming to be from someone "in" the crew posting
anonymously on Reddit claimed they stripped Derpy completely in Season
3, being forbidden from showing her on screen, along with a laundry list
of other things based on things that were already suspected or could've
easily been infered, so this is pretty much accepted as fake (even if
the things included have proven true.)

Thing is, if Hasbro wanted Derpy completely gone, she wouldn't still be
in the show's opening, she wouldn't have been in the crowd of a few of
the first few S3 episodes (as the Wonderbolts episode/Wild Fire ordeal
shows, they can very quickly edit out characters when needed), and they
/certainly/ wouldn't still be pandering to the brony market with the
SanDiego Comic Con Fashion Style figure, the Funko figures, and all the
items obtainable from Hot Topic and WeLoveFine. She's not gone, she
still exists in merchandise at least. Show wise, until S4 comes about,
she's still in the opening."

Also, anyone who enjoys the show should be grateful for all these things. Besides the adult fanbase, Hasbro still needs to target the girl demographic with princesses and castles and such. Hell, Disney exclusively targets girls with their princesses... Making Twilight a princess = more toys. More toys = collectors, parents, girls and casuals buying new figures, meaning more money for Hasbro. More money for Hasbro = more MLP:FiM. Buying Derpy stuff from Hot Topic helps the show, buying Princess Acorna Sparkle: Princess of the Night and leader of team F.A.T. and team D.E.S.U. also helps the show.

As for the Reddit document, again, it was all based on things that, at the time, were heavily speculated already. As a fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog goings on, every year, the website TSSZ makes SWEEPING rumors about new games, and mark them as "exclusive" from their "close sources"; typically based on pre-existing rumors or just out of no where entirely. If they're wrong, they just blame the source and it's yesterday's wine. If the rumors happen to be true though, even a fraction of them... then it's "HA! WE TOLD YOU, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DOUBTED US! WE WERE RIGHT!".

Meghan McCarthy has been confirmed to be a panel guest at Las Pegasus coming up later this month. We all know that questions about Season 4 and Alicorn Twilight will be the bulk of her Q & A. She already confirmed she can answer some of those questions via twitter.

Hopefully we'll have some clarification when it comes along. Of course, by then, the season finale will have already aired..

Edited by Twinhead B

How the hell does cadence inviting the six to meet the games director have ANYTHING to do with twilight finding her destiny? I mean twilight isn't exactly the athletic one...

Also the derpy thing doesn't exactly bother me I mean sure I like the whole eyes thing but she'll still be alive in all of our hearts

I admit I'm a little concerned with the direction of the show, despite never before being really upset by anything they've done. I do, though, trust the FiM crew, as they've never disappointed me! So I trust they'll make whatever happens awesome. My stance on the situation?

VWr6I.gif

We all thought this was fake...but it's becoming truer and truer by the day. Derpy may not be canned in all of MLP media, but just look at the recent things hasbro's been doing? Alicorn twilight at the end of season 3, season 4's confirmed, and hasbro might as well have control on the show a let bit more now with the most liked fan works such as Fighting is Magic. This guy seemed to be right on the spot when it came to truthful rumors. 

Im not sure if it was confirmed as a troll, though the evidence I have seen, along with the way it it is written seems to heavily indicate as such. Just out of curiosity where did you see it confirmed as a troll? It shouldnt be surprising that some of the info in this turned out to be real as all of the info in this was available before it was posted. Twilight Alicorn images leaked well before this. It is good to see that more people are starting realize how unlikely its a person would risk his/her job and career in such a manner.

cant remember. i think on mylittlebrony or something. just something floating around. sorry that ii cant supply more informative information

I couldn't care less about Twilight. Let her become an alicorn. But if Derpy goes anywhere near the chopping block, there will be some angry letters heading for Hasbro's inbox.

And will people PLEASE stop calling her Ditzy Doo? HER NAME IS DERPY. DERPY HOOVES. Personally, I would have thought Ditzy would be more offensive since it reinforces the dumb blonde stereotype.

• Brohoof 1

Alicorn Twilight is a bad idea for a number of reasons.

1. It breaks the mold of two unicorns, two pegasus and two earth ponies.

2. I don't mind Twilight being a Mary Sue archetype and possessing raw power that nobody can compete. But why does she have to become an alicorn to do that? Is this alicorn racial superiority complex? I liked Sombra for just being a unicorn that was all powerful.

3. I had a complete idea of how her power would synthesize and... this way leaves a bad taste for me.

But what can we do. Hasbro is the one funding the writers and where is that money coming from... the sale on products and they must have a business related reason for doing this.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1