Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

OMG As i am typing this, i am freaking out because i heard a rumor on derpy whooves my all-time favorite pony!

The rumor goes that :

"Derpy Hooves" has been canned totally. As of Season 4, They are expressly forbidden to put her anywhere in a shot. After controversy last season, they attempted to pull her entirely, but due to fan backlash, decided "phasing the character out" would be a more effective way to get rid of her. You may have noticed her greatly reduced appearances in S3. This is in part because of that decision.

THIS BETTER BE BS!

Derpy is the main reason i became a brony. just how cute and cuddly she looks just completley pulled me into the herd. When i first real this part of the full post i just about started to cry. i mean why would someone just completly do this to a inocient brony?

I hope to Celestia that this is totally fake! 

And sorry if i caus a panic!

• Brohoof 1

Reddit posted that. It's bullshit.

Though, it DOES explain the sudden drop in Derpy for Season 3 so far, it's still total BS. It'll happen when Twilight becomes an alicorn for 2 seconds. Now calm your critters.

• Brohoof 2

post-4006-0-10681000-1355373124.png

Future Twilight was there, she knows how it goes down.

But yeah. Just waiting for someone to post here with proof of this being fake.

Rumor > Srs discussion > 'Whoops you gaiz, it waz fake' > Everyone moves on and acts like nothing happened > Moar rumors

The circle of drama, people.

I'm not denouncing this entirely, but as has been said, this is not something to freak out about. Why?

-Someone who works on this show making an account solely for the purpose of revealing the season three finale is about as far-fetched as it comes.

-Like what's been said, every single thing in that rumor is information recently obtained (Hasbro taking control of more of it's stuff) or it's been things that are the source of heated debate among bronies for the past few weeks (Alicorn Twi, Derpy)

-Concepts by themselves don't need to inherently be bad. Same voice actors, same writers, same everything that love us and who we love back. Even if Twilight did become an alicorn, I'd wait to see how it was handled before we start jumping off bridges without bungee cords in case things turned out to be alright.

-Derpy got her own figure, is now in the new MLP comic, etc. Yeah, this doesn't really mean she couldn't be taken out by S4, but it does mean Hasbro isn't trying to hide her because they're afraid of the retarded Soccer Moms. They love Derpy, and think Soccer Moms aren't that great, either, guys.

I could go on but my point is made, I think.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 4

OH HELL NO.

If Twilight becomes an Alicorn princess, I'm handing in my Pegasister badge. <_<

I've gone off about this before, I despise the Alicorn Princess Twilight possibility.

The show would no longer be about friendship. There'd probably be a chance of Disney stepping in and making Twilight a Disney Princess.

Seriously. I don' want MLP turning into Princess Twilight's Magical Royal Duties for Equestria.

If Twilight becomes an Alicorn, I think I may be done. Cause that essentially means she is. Derpy I can live, I would be very sad, but I would persevere. But turning Twilight into and Alicorn... it's such a phenonimally bad idea. At least it is now if they plan on making more seasons. I pray that this post is false and just someone trying to rustle our jimmies, but I am perturbed by that image of Alicorn Twi.

Here's to the future. Hasbro.... don't buck this up now... please...... pretty please!

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I have to give comment on this. The sheer amount of users that I've seen say that they would forsake the entire show over something as simple as this has me quite annoyed.

First and foremost, this is a rumor, and until it is verified either in show or by hasbro to be valid, it needs to be treated as such. Secondly, I don't see what the big deal is about Twilight becoming an Alicorn. Everypony here makes the assumption that just because a pony grows wings, everything about the entire series is going to change. I personally think that the Alicorn Twilight idea does make sense in the terms of the shear magical ability that Twilight possesses. We can safely presume that while Twilight hasn't mastered all spells, she can easily cast about eighty percent of the magic that Celestia can already as a base Unicorn. Even Celestia herself stated that she had the most raw talent and magical ability than anypony she'd ever seen. It's very likely that she'd included herself in that statement as well.

And how exactly would Twilight becoming an Alicorn make the show any less about friendship? The only thing that it would actually change for Twilight would be the fact that she has a set of wings so she can fly without using magic to do so. That's, in all reality, is the only thing that would logically change show wise, and as long as Twilight's personality remains the same as it has been, then I'm all for it. I honestly don't care what each pony looks like, and there's no guarantee that even if Twilight DOES become an Alicorn that it's going to be something that's going to last for more than one episode.

And as far as the imbalance of the mane 6 goes, I personally can't see how any of it would change unless Twilight after the transformation became the snottiest pony that's ever stepped foot into Ponyville. Everypony seems to forget that this is Twilight that we're talking about here. The same Twilight that rejected going home to Canterlot and living with the princess to stay in Ponyville with her friends. The same Twilight did everything she could to help Princess Luna fit in and have a good nightmare night when nopony else wanted anything to do with her,  The same Twilight when her friends put her through hell and back for the gala ticket and she herself chose to not go because she didn't want to hurt her friends, and the same Twilight that stayed Loyal to all of her friends when Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash(Element of Loyalty), Princess Celestia, and her own brother turned completely against her in A Royal Wedding.

I can all but guarantee that Twilight in within herself will not change regardless of what changes are made to her appearance. Because that's honestly the only thing that would change. Heck, I go through appearance changes all the time, but it doesn't make me lose track of who my friends are, and what my priorities are. Seriously, despite popular belief, Twilight becoming an Alicorn wouldn't be the end of the world, and I can't see Twilight changing that drastically to forsake her friends for power. That would be the only way that I would disagree with a change like that is if the personality changed as well. However, with the examples posted above of how many times her friendship had been tested. I find it rather silly that so many people think that Twilight can so easily disown her friends.

That being said, I'm sure that the writers are intelligent enough to be able to write the episodes regardless of what Twilight looks like to still focus around the Magic of Friendship, and focus on the focal point of what the show stands for. Give the writers some credit, I mean they've delivered everything else to us in amazing quality and I have the utmost faith that they will continue to do so.

/End Rant

Edited by Ice Storm
  • Brohoof 3

Well I have a sugestion fellow bronies and pegasisters. That's to chill out and think. If they do make Twilight an alicorn well it depends on how well they show the process of it. And how well they handle it. But as I've said my fellow bronies and pegasisters chill out about it.

Megan McCarthy made and interesting tweet. To quote. "What do you call people who go on the Internet and make stuff up to get people all fired up about something?"

Edited by Anadu Kune

Well I have a sugestion fellow bronies and pegasisters. That's to chill out and think. If they do make Twilight an alicorn well it depends on how well they show the process of it. And how well they handle it. But as I've said my fellow bronies and pegasisters chill out about it.

I look at it this way.  EQD said it best when they said that 'they managed to make Cadence work, and she's about as 'pretty pink princess' as you can get'. 

In other words, if Twilight becomes an Alicorn, she becomes an Alicorn.  I just think people are going overboard with their reactions to this, and it probably won't be as bad as anyone thinks, even if it IS true.

Edited by SBaby

Is Alicorn Twilight really coming as a surprise to so many people?  Let's look at the first episode (both parts).

*Twilight is the protege of Celestia.  Her role is uncertain.

*She lives in literally an ivory tower.  Symbolism much?  

*She discovers a threat which Celestia almost certainly knows about and writes a letter.

*Rather than address it, Celestia sends Twilight to Ponyville to gain social skills.

*She develops relationships (of varying sorts) with exactly five ponies.  She only talks with these five to minimize socialization.  The Princess explicitly ordered her to speak with all of them (except Pinkie, who found her own way into it).

*Nightmare Moon returns, showing that Twilight was right.

*The Mane 6 have their first adventure.

*It just so happens that the ponies Celestia ordered Twilight to speak with are the perfect matches for the Elements of Harmony.

*Luna returns.

*Celestia admits to Twilight that she knew about the threat of Nightmare Moon for a long time, but wanted to test Twilight and allow her to gain ability.

*Celestia has already arranged for Twilight to stay in Ponyville; in other words, the Princess knew quite well what would happen.

Why would Celestia go to this much trouble?  Why not defeat Luna herself, if it was possible?  Why not just tell Twilight "You're the element of magic.  Unite with these other five and defeat Nightmare Moon"?  It should be obvious: Celestia is testing Twilight for something big, and since it appears that virtually all political power in Equestria is held by the Princesses, there really can only be one role that our Twily is getting ready for.

Again, that's the first episode.  When you consider all the others that have featued similar things (ex. Celestia sending Twilight and the Mane 6 to stop stuff for no apparent reason, Celestia very explicitly stating that she's testing and training Twilight for a major position), well...

I am SHOCKED that so many people are SHOCKED.  I don't know when Twilight will go Princess, but it's evident that she will.

Edited by Starswirl the Trixied
  • Brohoof 1

I think that it might be true since the whole alicorn twilight idea has long been suggested by hasbro and there was one MLP event where they showed an art of alicorn twilight.

A5VYKeXCAAAaOWb.jpg+large.jpg

Look hard at the background.

Look HARDER at the background...

I don't know if it's just me, but for some reason this guy amuses me! Is it mean to say he looks totally out of place?

Chaps01.jpg

• Brohoof 8

Well that's bad news I guess but there must be a way out maby mlp should go on it's own I mean like the show has thousands of fans and it can get a spot on cartoon network or fox and end the Hasbro's ruling over the show and that just may work if we all want it

Three unsubstantiated rumors, three bad ideas. Alicorn Twilight: she's not ready, she's not leader material and it would mess up the dynamic of the show. Taking out Derpy: it would be a sign of weakness and an admission that the whole Derpy controversy was valid or important. Which it wasn't. I don't care about Derpy either way, but this is not necessary. More Hasbro control: I think they have better judgment than that. They don't need to look beyond their desktop computers to see how successful the show is and how much of a following it's gathered with the creators having the kind of freedom they've enjoyed so far.

• Brohoof 1

If this infact Twilight becomes a Alicorn:

I had a feeling this would happen in the storyline, but I don't think it will outright ruin the show it does open up more paths that twilight can go now that she becomes a alicorn. There more problems being a alicorn that what fans make it out to be and this is a perfect chance to finally see how that turns out for her.

@@Lightning Dust

@

@@Starshine,
I say give it a chance and maybe it will be amazing, though it will be a sour taste in the mouth. I know people have a hard distaste for alicorns canon or fanon but seriously.. love and tolerate as it might be better than what fans think will happen but I hate that they can't wait until Season 4 or later to do this... I feel like its too soon in the story to make twilight a alicorn in which seems more like a end series move.

You all do realize that the Derpy toy is no longer being sold and that Hasbro doesn't actually make the comic that's being published right now, right?

Hasbro has to ok everything they do though as interviews with Andy Price and Katie Cook will indicate. The Hot Topic figure also needed the ok from Hasbro. It would seem the tweets of Meghan McCarthy and Jayson Thiessen indicate  that this rumor is bogus and meant to get us riled up. It worked.

https://twitter.com/goldenrusset

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy

Edited by Anadu Kune
  • Brohoof 2

You all do realize that the Derpy toy is no longer being sold and that Hasbro doesn't actually make the comic that's being published right now, right?

Not sure if troll, but in any case, I have changed my username and avatar in support of Derpy. Everypony who doesn't care about Derpy being axed needs to think about what Derpy represents: the fanbase influence on the makers of the show and toys, the fact that adult fans outnumber child fans of MLP and thus are the driving force behind the fanon that has ascended into canon, and that alienation of bronies and pegasisters in this manner may very well be the death of the franchise.

• Brohoof 2

Hasbro has to ok everything they do though as interviews with Andy Price and Katie Cook will indicate. The Hot Topic figure also needed the ok from Hasbro. It would seem the tweets of Meghan McCarthy and Jayson Thiessen indicate  that this rumor is bogus and meant to get us riled up. It worked.

https://twitter.com/goldenrusset

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy

Um, did Jayson Thiessen just call me paranoid?

For that matter, what does anyone really expect him to say?  If it were true it's not like he could come out and say it.  His answer isn't really a no, either.  It's kind of evasive.  I'm not calling the man a liar, just saying that asking him for unreleased info on the show is unlikely to get you anywhere.

Again, I'm not taking the rumor as gospel truth, either.  It might end up being a hoax....but it might not, and that's what worries me.

One word to summarize it all: Money

This is what happens when a company gets money, but gets to greedy and upsets a community. 

(It would be nice to see Twilight as an Alicorn, as long as she is not OP.)

Removing Derpy on the other hand, would take away a part of the show that everypony loves.

Hasbro is going slightly outta control and it's all because of money. 

Well a lot of people on this forum are buying into it(just look at the post above me). The reaction to an unconfirmed reddit post is pretty insane at this early stage. Not to mention that Meghans McCarthy's statement was pretty much indicative that this reddit post is probably fake. 

Even if some of the guessed info is correct that is not to say it came about in the negative way this post indicates. 

• Brohoof 1

Well that's bad news I guess but there must be a way out maby mlp should go on it's own I mean like the show has thousands of fans and it can get a spot on cartoon network or fox and end the Hasbro's ruling over the show and that just may work if we all want it

This would be a good idea, except Hasbro OWNS the MLP franchise. Doing this would be illegal unless someone were to A: buy the MLP franchise, B: Hasbro simply gives them the franchise (GOOD LUCK), or C: the copyright were to somehow expire or become invalid.

In the meantime, i was wondering if a boycott were possible, 

"We bronies won't buy ANYTHING from hasbro until they shut up and stop screwing with the series!"