Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

derpy_hooves_is_sad_by_speedymclight-d4n

I as well hope this isn't true.....but especially after Hasbro pretty much banned Fighting is Magic, there have been lots of people saying that it's true. After reading this passage, I can't help but wonder if maybe their right. I know for sure the show would never do such things to Fighting is Magic, and with Hasbro's activities lately....I'm not so sure anymore. Reading that Alicorn Twilight could be a marketing scheme also made me worried. 

I know Derpy is just a background pony, but it was still fun seeing her, and seeing the fans react to her appearances...I'm sure as well that the show would never remove Derpy. I'm not going to go point fingers yet, but if this is true, and Hasbro is trying to use the show as a marketing tool....I dunno what I'd do. I love MLP, and I'd hate to see the show being controlled by Hasbro (if it is true).

All I can say now is to not rage at Hasbro yet...we're still not sure if it's true or not. But hopefully it isn't! ):

What do you guys think about Hasbro pushing all these episodes down the writers and animators and censoring out the background characters like completely wiping out Derpy Hooves I just wanna know you're guys's opinions on this

Derpy being canned was on an "as of season 4" basis. Because Derpy was in Season 3. If we don't see her in season 4 i will be upset but its not really a big deal. What is a big deal is -why- they chose to do it. There are people who think Derpy is offensive to disabled people. When I think that Derpy is more of an inspirational character. She is the embodiment of "dust yourself off and try again".

I know that that Hasbro is trying to sell there toys but they still could give the writers and animators a little more freedom, plus they should be more willing to come to compromise with regarding the MLP trademark. Just to let everybody who disagrees know i still think Hasbro is a great company compared to many other companies who have treated their fandoms far worse and that i appreciate the freedom they have already allowed with MLP.

Hasbro has been far more leniant than most companies.

We should count our blessings.  They are, like any business in it to make money.

I don't agree with everything they've done.. but if we demonize them over every little thing we become Transformers fandom.  I don't want to go back there guys.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see why a background character needs to be removed, since she's just a background pony most viewers without a keen eye won't even notice and even if they do, will anyone be bothered by it if she is just that, a background pony?  In most shots she's in the most bizzarre of places so is just a "spot the pony" thing.  I can't see anyone being bothered by it really.

Uh did you guys miss the fact that she showed up in the last episode in very clear cameos with the Derp Eyes? This rumor has been right on two out of three issues.

And of those two issues: Season four was good as confirmed with how well the show is doing meaning that anypony could have predicted it, and Alicorn Twilight was hinted at at before this even showed up.

So either this is true and the creators changed their minds about Derpy or it's a false since Derpy showed up. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

The alicorn thing is simple. its a device being used to speed the show to conclusion, possibly a good thing for fans if that's what needs done to keep the show from getting so old it goes bad. Derpy should never be removed or un-derped! this is heresy!

Edited by derpy4ever
  • Brohoof 1