Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

Well we'll just have to wait and see:

I'm not botherd about the whole Derpy stuff, I mean she was a fun character and what have you but she had her moment and I'm satisfied that we got to see her in that hillarious scene with Rainbow Dash.

As far as Twilight the alicorn,I really don't like it. I don't even have a valid reason I can think of, I just hate seeing Twilight with wings it just looks wrong to me

• Brohoof 1

Oh well. It's unfortunate, but we'll live with it. Derpy was a cool character, but she wasn't essential to the show either. Her not being there won't affect the show too much honestly. For me at least.

• Brohoof 1

While this wouldn't be that hard to fabricate , it all makes a lot of sense. I've suspected them of being banned from including Derpy. I guess I'm okay with that, she'll always live on in our hearts. I'll write her a sad fanfic. She died so that Dinky Doo could live. The sightings are from her time with Doctor Whooves. I am perfectly fine with Twilight becoming an alicorn, and they are definately doing this to make money. If you look very hard at the plushy huge shot you'll notice that some if the Twilights have wings. I think that the saddest thing is Derpy leaving us. R.I.P. Little friend.

And yes, I know that Reddit is easy to mistrust.

Edited by Amber Sands

Just as a heads up, this is where it came from.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/141z35/season_4_the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly/

The guy who posted this provided zero proof that he actually works for the show. So it could be just about anybody making stuff up. While it is possible that he is genuine, I'm tempted to call bullshit on this. You'd think that he would've posted to at least a few other places than Reddit.

But it's true that what he says does seem plausible, whether he actually works for the show or not. It's true that we've been seeing less and less of Derpy this season. On the other hand, they've been making Derpy merchandise, so I kind of doubt they would just kill her off the show. Hell, she even had a page dedicated to her in the official comic book.

derpy.jpg?w=450Derpy.jpg

As for the Twilight becoming an alicorn thing, as annoyed as I am with it, I have to admit that it's something I could see Hasbro do. They kind of hinted towards something like that in the season premiere with Celestia saying that "she will soon be ready" and the higher studies things. I wouldn't like it, but it's not entirely unlikely.

So I call bullshit. Mostly because of the Derpy thing. They would just kill off a character they've been making money off. But the Twilight thing is also fairly easy to predict too with the information we have, so it doesn't really mean anything. Verdict: The guy probably doesn't work for the show.

Edited by A bunch of merry mallows
  • Brohoof 1

I can see Hasbro taking out Derpy for very good reasons. Although we may not like it, its for the better. This way, no one is being judged on their stupidity.

Twilight becoming an alicorn, is indeed a move toward marketing, rather then the story line itself. But to be honest I totally saw Twilight becoming a princess. There is a princess for the sun and the moon. But what about the earth? Or even the stars? Twilight does has stars as her cutie mark. I saw a work of art based on this idea where Princess Celestia stood by her sun, Luna by her moon and Twilight by the earth. I would of liked it if Twilight was a princess as a unicorn. But now being an alicorn could change how she stands with her friends. It would seem the responsibility would be to great to spend anytime with her friends. But if that is the case. This makes room for the next generation or next season with new "Mane" characters. We all know that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, won't last forever. But a new generation can take its place and make it even better for all we know.

Its much like a Phoenix, it may grow old and die, but then is reborn into anew. But will you let it? Would you rather see it die and never see it take flight again?

Over reactions and panic is what needs to be corrected in any situation. Trust the people that made the show in the first place. We're just a fandom, not the creators. If you go in positively, in anything, things always turn out for the better.

- Maxos

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, if this is real, I think we're all overthinking it too much. No, we haven't seen a non-ruling Alicorn, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all Alicorns are rulers. And also; think about it. We all love this show. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here. I'll contunue to watch regardless because I love the show. I would would it even if they were all Alicorns, or Earth Ponies, or Pegasi or Unicorns. It just doesn't matter to me. 

There was way too much controversy concerning Derpy. At the end of the day, they have a business to run, and if Derpy is shining a bad light on them, they're going to have to take her out. But that doesn't mean she's gone; there's always us in the fandom to keep her alive.

• Brohoof 1

Even if it's not from a valid source, we can assume that this has at least SOME truth in it...

Twilight, out of all the characters in the show, would probably be the most likely candidate for alicornism, but NOT in season 3! This could only be realistically done in season 8. 
( If it DOES happen, i'm personally considering it non-canon. One of those "What would happen if..." episodes.)

I knew some trolls people decided to complain, but I never heard much beyond that other than removing derpy from a few episodes- I couldn't tell you if there was any law involved. AFAIK Hasbro could be going anywhere with Derpy at this point.

As for Hasbro taking control?

1AeGu.gif

We're royally screwed.

That is, unless someone makes a crapload of money and buys MLP off Hasbro.
Ooh, I know! We could make a pool to use for buying MLP! I'll chip in a few dollars!
Only several hundred thousand more to go...

Who am I kidding.  :mellow:

In the meantime, anyone wanna go and see if this was shopped?

A5VYKeXCAAAaOWb.jpg+large.jpg

Something seems a bit... off with the shadows in the bottom right corner.

Edited by Ninjaneer

tumblr_luzb785C5m1r3k1m8o1_500.png

Yeah no. If Twilight should become an alicorn it should be at the end of the series. Hasbro isn't really being that interactive with the community...

If Twilight IS an alicorn, then it won't bother me too much as long as she isn't OP.

OH CELESTIA NO

PLEASE GOD DON'T LET IT BE SO

Please, please let this be an internet hoax. I mean, the interwebs is great at spreading lies, after all. But oh jeez, if Derpy is gone and Twilight is a Princess...where does that leave the Mane Six?

The hints from the premiere kinda confirm it, though...

*goes to whimper in a corner*

This could be improved if Twi has trouble with flying at first, because aaaawwww, adorkablility.

On 12/12/2012 at 4:35 PM, Mister Jack said:

If alicorn Twi was one episode only I could deal with that, but for the rest of the show? Oh god no. And Twi is even my favorite pony.

I don't think it's wise to immediately dismiss this as just a troll. If its a troll then he's done a LOT of research to make his statements plausible. I'm not saying believe it 100% either...just prepare yourself for the worst.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. To see Twi leave would be so horrible, she's my favorite character and to see her leave? That wouldn't even be MLP

Now that i think about it...

I've been seeing "Hasbro did an awesome job with this episode" here and there, even though Hasbro haven't really been doing much work on the series itself. (Except for legal issues and stuff)

So...

I hereby declare that "Hasbro" and the "MLP team" be considered separate entities 

for all intents and purposes!

But that's just me.  :unsure:

Edited by Ninjaneer
  • Brohoof 2

If alicorn Twi was one episode only I could deal with that, but for the rest of the show? Oh god no. And Twi is even my favorite pony.

I don't think it's wise to immediately dismiss this as just a troll. If its a troll then he's done a LOT of research to make his statements plausible. I'm not saying believe it 100% either...just prepare yourself for the 

I don't think it's wise to immediately dismiss this as just a troll. If its a troll then he's done a LOT of research to make his statements plausible. I'm not saying believe it 100% either...just prepare yourself for the worst.

If by research you mean take two things the fandom has already been talking about and an ambiguous third claim about season 4. Twilight becoming an Alicorn was one of the absolute first things people guessed in relation to the subplot, and seems to be the only thing people focus on. As for the Derpy thing its pretty easy to guess after the Derpy incident.

• Brohoof 1

I seriously hope it's not true, as this would basically kill the show. There would be no need to make Twiligh an alicorns. It's not that I believe it, when things like this come out I tend to worry anyways.

Look at it this way, Celestia turning Twilight into an alicorn would be too predictable. However, Celestia isn't always a fan of predictability, and order as we see during the Gala episode. If Twilight became an alicorn then Equestria would run as it always has, but that's not what Celestia wants. Celestia wants a more spontaneous country, a more interesting one. Of course one pony will realize her destiny and all, so the logical thing for Celestia to do to shake thing up would be...

61f1524874b39796ad1fb9a68c5cd7a1-d5d3a72
Now THIS could be fun ;)

(I'm treating this supposed leak with about as much respect as it deserves)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

Look at it this way, Celestia turning Twilight into an alicorn would be too predictable. However, Celestia isn't always a fan of predictability, and order, as we see during the Gala episode. If Twilight became an alicorn then Equestria would run as it always has, but that's not what Celestia wants. Celestia wants a more spontaneous country, a more interesting one. Of course one pony will realize her destiny and all, so the logical thing for Celestia to do to shake thing up would be...

61f1524874b39796ad1fb9a68c5cd7a1-d5d3a72

Now THIS could be fun ;)

(I'm treating this supposed leak with about as much respect as it deserves)

What makes so many of you think that it would be Celestia who turns Twilight into an Alicorn?  I can think of about a hundred or so ways that she could become one without Celestia's help.

I don't trust the source at all. Anyone can sign up for reddit, and combine the fears of the fandom with small pieces of fact (like Derpy's decreased screen time) and try to stir up a shitstorm. Even the Twilight rumor has been around for a little while, since that picture was released before season 3 began.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro wouldn't do something like that. From what I understand, the TV Show and the Toys are targeted for different audiences. First, there's the toys. They're targeted for little girls. It's for the girls who like styling hair and other things like that.

http://youtu.be/NI0ibwE8ANI

And then there's the TV show. It is targeted for not only children or little girls, but for the whole family. Everyone can come to the living room and watch it together. Children will be happy while the teens or parents get a kick from some of the jokes and themes thrown in.

http://youtu.be/iI9U-Mg9UFE

In the end, I don't think Hasbro should or would change the TV show. It would do absolutely nothing. It's a stupid idea to make Twilight an alicorn just so they can slap a pair of wings on a toy. Why not a long lost relative of her instead, if they just NEED to add another princess?

And Derpy. I, truly and honestly, don't really care about Derpy. Yeah, she's a cool little background character, but come on. Besides an animation bug, what is so special?

• Brohoof 2

There isn't any way to verify this, so I won't believe it until I see it.  I seriously doubt that this'll happen though, mainly because the fanbase is such an important asset to Hasbro.  Ticking us off might not be the most strategic move.  

However, that alicorn Twilight thing might have some truth in it.  It does seem more likely than the other things mentioned, however I hope that it isn't true;   

Personally, I couldn't care less about Derpy. I really couldn't.

Twilight, on the other hand, well I doubt Hasbro would make their main character reach her goal so early (in my opinion) into the show. I mean, it would affect both the fandom and the writers negatively. It would be very difficult for the writers to fit her in amongst the crowd (in fact, they probably wouldn't be able to), and have her relationship with her friends not be affected by this at all. They'd initially be happy for her, but it would quickly go from awkward to negative.

As for the fandom, we aren't able to even stomach the idea of Twilight becoming an alicorn, letalone if it comes true.