Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

I'm with everyone else who is calling this bulls***, there has never been a legit leak from a dev team anywhere on a social site. (at least as far as I know).

Derpy's a fan favorite and sells a lot of merchandise.  They aren't going to get rid of her anytime soon, she pulls in a lot of money- and it was an accident, at that!

Alicorn Twilight is probably going to happen.  When is anyone's guess, but everything is pointing to Twilight being some sort of new-age leader.  Her character has developed so much from season one, and for her to be under Celestia's wing of all ponies is a strong indicator that she is being groomed for something.  Besides, it will be a good thing to show where alicorns come from- I'm wondering myself.

• Brohoof 1

The rumor on Twilight being an Alicorn is false, it will not happen (maybe for a short time like the mane 6 became crystal) but it will not be permenant, Derpy Hooves WILL NOT be removed from the show she will still be in the background and she will even have another short cameo in the finale.

The rumor on Twilight being an Alicorn is false, it will not happen (maybe for a short time like the mane 6 became crystal) but it will not be permenant, Derpy Hooves WILL NOT be removed from the show she will still be in the background and she will even have another short cameo in the finale.

Sorry, you can't just predict the future without having no evidence to back your point up with, there always has to be fact behind an opinion to make it an actual opinion.

Sorry, you can't just predict the future without having no evidence to back your point up with, there always has to be fact behind an opinion to make it an actual opinion.

That's probably just speculation, not an opinion.  Personally, I've seen enough things happening in the show to where this next step does actually make alot of sense.  That said, it's still a stretch to say whether it's going to happen for sure or not.

As many have said, the show can only go on so long. There have been 2 seasons of business as usual. Let the girls grow up! The show can't last long, but if it changes enough we can get a new show and a new look at Equestria, and meet new ponies we will learn to love. It sucks, but it's better than losing them completely. And who knows what new doors might be opened up as a result? As far as we know, the creative team will remain the same so new characters, themes, elements etc. will still feel like the same show even if the settings are new.

I think it's exciting that Twilight will finally graduate :P and Rainbow will get her dream too! I'm happy for the mares in moving up and accomplishing huge goals with hard work! And Twilight moving beyond grades and studying to actual practice and application will be amazing. A season in Canterlot, or a season visiting several foreign kingdoms or cities in Equestria while the girls are on official business would be really exciting! They are all elements of harmony and as such, all have responsibilities toward Equestria.

BTW, is Equestria the world or just their kingdom? 

The Simpsons hasn't changed in 20+ years and honestly, it's still one of my favorites. But other shows have changes, like Star Trek where they suddenly find a new enemy/technology and it changes the show a great deal, and they are still great too after huge direction shifts. I have faith, and truth be told, there actually are a lot more lessons on friendship to be explored! 

Is there a specific prejudice against Allicorns on here though, or is it just the idea of princessie girly stuff and losing Twilight that upsets everyone?

Ugh... I'm sorry, but the amount of backlash on something that's probably a troll having his fun, and it is just getting on my nerves. Here are my two bits:

1: Alicorn Twilight

The rumour claims this is to sell a specific toy. Wouldn't you think it would be more realistic that all the Mane 6 would be alicorn-ed instead of only Twilight? Also, I would imagine, that if this would ever happen, it would be something similar to the Crystallization effect from the Crystal Heart. How long did that take? About 2 minutes, and they were back to normal.

Even if this does not apply, then I would imagine Alicorn Twilight only to appear in the premiere-type of episodes, with the big villain and high stakes and such, and that we would just have regular Twilight at the end.

Anyhow, although I initially disliked the idea, it would open Twilight up for her story's potential, after all, it's obvious she's special in some way besides her Element of Magic.

2: Removed Derpy Hooves in Season 4

Okay, I'm going to get a backlash for this, but Derpy is a background character. I don't mind seeing her go, as she influences the quality of the show very little.

Still though, I can imagine why so many people are sad to see her go. The background does sort of look empty... :I

3: More Hasbro Control

...I don't know. If this is true, then it means more obvious promotion of their toys, like the crystal ponies. Don't really have much to say about this... because it's all negative.

Okay, so what I imagined to be my in-depth post was nothing more but rambling about my thoughts about Alicorn Twilight...

Er... people, why can't you open up to new ideas? It does not necessarily mean it's going to be bad.

• Brohoof 1

This has been confirmed to be fake, don't believe what this says. Hasbro has contracts to make Derpy Hooves toys all the way into 2014, along with standard Twilight Sparkle toys. If they were removing Derpy and changing Twilight, don't you think they would actually bother to make sure they match their merchandise. Especially since the whole point of MLP originally was to promote the toys.

• Brohoof 3

yeah they seem to hate having a dedicated fanbase willing to throw thousands upon thousands of dollars at them, but they don't want it

I think they are dumb enough to do that and run the show in the ground, make g5, and it will be like g3 and MLP will fizzle away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

People believe this...they are that gullible? Luckily I have this picture to explain why the Reddit post is bullshit.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6875054336/hE9457D8B/ [it's rather big even for a spoiler so I'm just linking to it]

So basically there is nothing to fear, getting rid of Derpy or changing the show that drastically would cost Hasbro money and they know that. Though I will say I could see Twilight becoming an alicorn in the series finale or something. Or maybe at the end of a movie that would serve as the finale but that's another discussion altogether.

Edited by N-Harmonia

Here is an idea: Twilight becomes an alicorn to stop a bad guy. And has the option to stay as one BUT Celestia warns her of the cons of being an alicorn, so Twilight would have to choose between power and friends. I realized this idea may be a bit flawed, but just my two cents.

I think it would be pretty cool to see Twilight turn into an Alicorn and become the new ruler....but at the same time it would pretty much end the show :/ It's a tough decision to make I guess (more so for the writers, not hasbro....since they are more the $ than the <3 of the operation).

Im not sure what to say about Derpy....she is cute and all but she isn't 'needed' like so many other background characters seem to be it seems.

Ugh... I'm sorry, but the amount of backlash on something that's probably a troll having his fun, and it is just getting on my nerves. Here are my two bits:

1: Alicorn Twilight

The rumour claims this is to sell a specific toy. Wouldn't you think it would be more realistic that all the Mane 6 would be alicorn-ed instead of only Twilight? Also, I would imagine, that if this would ever happen, it would be something similar to the Crystallization effect from the Crystal Heart. How long did that take? About 2 minutes, and they were back to normal.

Even if this does not apply, then I would imagine Alicorn Twilight only to appear in the premiere-type of episodes, with the big villain and high stakes and such, and that we would just have regular Twilight at the end.

Anyhow, although I initially disliked the idea, it would open Twilight up for her story's potential, after all, it's obvious she's special in some way besides her Element of Magic.

2: Removed Derpy Hooves in Season 4

Okay, I'm going to get a backlash for this, but Derpy is a background character. I don't mind seeing her go, as she influences the quality of the show very little.

Still though, I can imagine why so many people are sad to see her go. The background does sort of look empty... :I

3: More Hasbro Control

...I don't know. If this is true, then it means more obvious promotion of their toys, like the crystal ponies. Don't really have much to say about this... because it's all negative.

Okay, so what I imagined to be my in-depth post was nothing more but rambling about my thoughts about Alicorn Twilight...

Er... people, why can't you open up to new ideas? It does not necessarily mean it's going to be bad.

1:  Exactly.  It's silly to focus on a toy for just one character, unless you're centering the franchise strictly around that character.  And FiM isn't just centered around Twilight.  It's centered around all of the characters and how they interact.  From a marketing perspective, if Hasbro did this just to sell a toy, it could end up being disastrous.  That said, I have no problem with Alicorn Twilight, as long as it's written well.  And with the writers we have, that's pretty much assured, if it does happen (even if it doesn't happen until a later season).

2:  I know I haven't really commented much on the Derpy issue (at least not as much as I usually do when it's brought up).  While I hate the idea of losing her (and the fact that if nothing else, this is the most likely part of that post to be true), I do have to say that if this is the only thing to come out of this, then I could definitely handle it.  That, and there's plenty of fan videos out there including an entire fanmade spinoff, to keep her around.  So while I wouldn't be thrilled about it, I'd still watch the show. 

3:  This part isn't really news (hence why I haven't really touched on it much).  But again, it's a basic fundamental marketing move.  Hasbro knows how successful the show is.  They want to make money off it.  Of course they're gonna want to be in control.

Edited by SBaby

Alicorn Twlight?  :wub:  Season four in the making? :wub: No more Derp? :mellow:  Meh.

I never really cared for Derp derp. And anyway there are a lot of brony and pegasister, youtubers who are going to be making Derpy tributes, so it's not like she'll be gone completely.

OK, I know this has probably been mentioned thousands of times in hundreds of places on the 'net.

But, for those wanting to spread rumors, give it a little thought about what the writers and VA's have mentioned multiple times on how far BEFORE an episode airs they work on it.

My guess is that either during Derpygate last year, or not too long after, they were already heavily involved in, or finishing Season 3.  It's possible Derpygate did cause less of Derpy to show up.  However, months after that, she's made into toys, showcased by Hasbro, and everyone says we will see more of her, on multiple occasions.

On the schedules they run, if they stripped Derpy down for a bit during production, Derpygate gets resolved, they wouldn't go back and add her back in, post production.  Doesn't make sense.

If you follow Hasbro's and MLP's production schedule, a dry spell makes PERFECT SENSE.

I know some people say that missing Derpy is cause for Bronies to go to war again.  I know some say they won't miss her at all (I would miss her, but I think she has served her purpose as far as the fandom is concerned, so for the Show's sake, I could live without).

But passing rumors around, lighting torches and sharpening pitchforks, as fun as all that is doesn't make sense if some of you out there just THINK.

• Brohoof 1

OK, I know this has probably been mentioned thousands of times in hundreds of places on the 'net.

But, for those wanting to spread rumors, give it a little thought about what the writers and VA's have mentioned multiple times on how far BEFORE an episode airs they work on it.

My guess is that either during Derpygate last year, or not too long after, they were already heavily involved in, or finishing Season 3.  It's possible Derpygate did cause less of Derpy to show up.  However, months after that, she's made into toys, showcased by Hasbro, and everyone says we will see more of her, on multiple occasions.

On the schedules they run, if they stripped Derpy down for a bit during production, Derpygate gets resolved, they wouldn't go back and add her back in, post production.  Doesn't make sense.

If you follow Hasbro's and MLP's production schedule, a dry spell makes PERFECT SENSE.

I know some people say that missing Derpy is cause for Bronies to go to war again.  I know some say they won't miss her at all (I would miss her, but I think she has served her purpose as far as the fandom is concerned, so for the Show's sake, I could live without).

But passing rumors around, lighting torches and sharpening pitchforks, as fun as all that is doesn't make sense if some of you out there just THINK.

I liked Derpy just as much as anypony. But removing her little cameos won't kill the show. Hate to say it, but there it is. However, a dry spell makes sense. If they give some time for the controversy to die down, and then slowly re-introduce the character into the background, she might be accepted by both the Bronies and the soccer moms.

Derpy Hooves was a fan made thing. He name was created on 4-chan and was only called derpy because someone noticed her eyes. If that had been changed then there would be no derpy, yet things would go on anyway. The only reason Derpy is still in is to say that they see the bronies and are listening out. They are not entitled nor forced to add her, and if a writer/ animator is reading this, then i do not ask of you to add Derpy because us bronies say so.

Okay to everyone who is freaking out, I'm sorry but you need to SHUT UP.

Do you even know if this is true. This is Reddit people. Any person can make a blog an start making claims.

And even if it is true do you even know what the show is going to be like, with 100% certainty if all this is true.

Are you 100% certain that the show will be worse/better of then we know NOW.

We know nothing

As a wise man once said

"man has always feared what is unknown"

We have NO idea what will happen and THAT is why most of us are in panic mode.

Look I have been concerned since the beginning of the season, but we need to calm down.

We don't know what the show future will be if this does/doesn't happen.

Look until we see something happen I suggest we focus on other things.

Look I'll help you get this out of your mind with something that has been bugging me.

In the episode called "just for sidekick" were Spike takes care of all the pony pets. If this is true then what is that picture with the CMC and all the pets all about. Someone care to explaine THAT. I thought this was a Spike episode not a CMC episode. Or is the CMC and pet pic another thing? Well? Am I the only one wondering about this?

I can understand Twilight becoming an alicorn because she is rather powerful magically. Her becoming an alicorn would explain how alicorns come into existence in the first place. She's going through some things that other alicorn princesses have gone through. Doesn't mean I like it though, it would be cool if she stayed a unicorn.

As for derpy...that's horrid. I told my fiance and he gave me this "WTF face". Derpy helped to make the show more realistic; Derpy helped people to remember that not everyone is perfect. Getting rid of Derpy is a horrible decision by Hasbro, that I'm sure we all agree on.

i-fb4baa9e5ea81faed50beee08bc09f1d-2010-

Darth Hasbro:Now that i have more control over the show I shall turn Twilight into an Alicorn and make it the season finale so we can sell more toys and get richer

Me:That wasn't part of the show!!!

Darth Hasbro:I am altering the show.Pray i do not alter it any further.

1.jpg

Seriously!!!Turning Twilight into an Alicorn would be a pretty pretty stupid and crappy idea!!!I mean,she'd be inmortal and she'd have to do royal duties in Canterlot and wouldn't see her friends anymore!!!To make the matter worse,all her friends and family would die all along...The only one with a chance to be alive could be Spike.As for Derpy,it's also a terrible thing if she gets banned from the show.She's a lovely character despite being a background pony.I only hope all of these rumors turn out to be untrue cause if they are real,this wonderful show will be doomed.If only we could bring Mrs.Faust back...

However,even if Hasbro's greediness completely ruins the show and causes it to get permanet hiatus,our creative minds will create lots of wonderful stuff,ranging from amazing fanfics to impressive music remixes...Our fandom will never die,i'm pretty sure of that...