Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

I kinda hate my name. My name is Jimmy. What I dislike about it is that it's supposed to be a nickname for James but, my name is NOT James. So I get asked "Is your name James?" a lot and it's pissing me off. Why couldn't I have a had a more "normal" name?

So anyone else have any similar issues with their name? 

• Brohoof 4

I kinda hate my name. My name is Jimmy. What I dislike about it is that it's supposed to be a nickname for James but, my name is NOT James. So I get asked "Is your name James?" a lot and it's pissing me off. Why couldn't I have a had a more "normal" name?

If your name isn't James, then why is your name Jimmy? I've never seen anyone named Jimmy who wasn't named James. Just wondering.

• Brohoof 1

My name is one of the most common names in America. My name is....Joseph. It's no fun not to have a more interesting name. I mean, I don't want to have some sort of crazy and unusual name, but I just want something more from it.

• Brohoof 3

I don't dislike it, it's just my last name which is the real problem, it's so easy to make fun of and make nicknames out of. My first name is Caitlin, which is pretty normal :)

If your name isn't James, then why is your name Jimmy? I've never seen anyone named Jimmy who wasn't named James. Just wondering.

My two older brothers thought it was a good name. My parents both liked it too so here I am, as Jimmy. Oh well, at least it's not something like "Brad" or "Max". 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure if I dislike my first name, because I don't use it. Me, my dad and my brothers have the same first name so it's pretty obvious that we won't call each other by our first names.(except my dad).

However my second name is cool I guess, I like it :) not too common (as long as I know), but very well known.

• Brohoof 2

OP you say you're named Jimmy, isn't your name James?

post-1052-0-48436000-1355526500.gif

My name is Johannes. I like my first name. Actually I don't even mind being called by my real name on the internet. Though on the forums I'd like to be Jokuc. Skype=Say whatever you want but Jokuc is shorter.

I hate my name. Not only is Michael a super-common name, which makes it very easy to think somebody is talking to me when they're not. But it also is very... Underwhelming.

I have been hunting the hero and his party down for weeks, and I have finally found them. All that's left for me to do is kill them, and collect the bounty on their heads. Suddenly one of the heroes turns around, and sees me: "OMG GUYS! WATCH OUT FOR MICHAEL!"

...Ruins the moment.

• Brohoof 7

I'm not sure if I dislike my first name, because I don't use it. Me, my dad and my brothers have the same first name so it's pretty obvious that we won't call each other by our first names.(except my dad).

However my second name is cool I guess, I like it :) not too common (as long as I know), but very well known.

If you have the same name as your dad doesn't that mean you're "whatever your name is the second"? Also why do you have the same name as your brothers? :huh:

True story. My mom thought I was a girl after birth so she started to call me Chloe, even after the doctors said that I was clearly a male. Thank goodness my dad was there to stop her irrational decision. :P

But yeah, "Austin" is pretty meh. Too common, too boring. But at least it ain't Sheldon. :P

*gets flamed by someone on here named Sheldon*

• Brohoof 2

Well, when I was younger, I wanted to be named kyle. I thought it was a badass name. My names William, so my teachers ask if I liked to be called William, Will, or Bill. I used to make them use my whole name, but now I don't really care.

If you have the same name as your dad doesn't that mean you're "whatever your name is the second"? Also why do you have the same name as your brothers? :huh:

officially my real name is the first one because it's on every legal document I have of myself. And I don't know why I have the same name as my brothers, family tradition I guess? ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Hmm.. I can't I dislike my FIRST name.  I find it rather pleasant actually.  My last name is kinda silly.  And me, the person that dislikes attention, is always given a hard time about it (not in a bad way, but in a joking, silly way.)

:P

If you're wondering, my first name is Sean.

lol.  My name is James and old people constantly call me Jimmy without me giving the ok and that kinda annoys me.

But I still like it

So I guess your on the other side of the spectrum from my point of view lol. You get annoyed when you get called Jimmy and I get when I get called James lol :lol: .

My first name is Dominick and I rather like it a lot :3

It is unique in a sense that there are not that many people that have that name :3

At least, that is the case where I live

• Brohoof 1

My father, totally unlike any other fathers in the entire island, put the family name at the front of my name. He also did that to my sister, so during our childhood we both called with the same name. It took me years before people finally started to call me with my middle name, which sounds so much better.

I hate my first name, a lot.

Edited by Starshine

Christopher Peterson.  Chris P.  Crispy.  Works for me.
Who woulda known? That's pretty clever, actually.

I like my name alot, actually. It is fairly unique and is pretty Italian, so it's got all the aspects I could want in it.

My name's Tony. It's pretty badass, not gonna lie.

My name is alright.  Spencer doesn't sound terrible, but I'd prefer a different one.  It's certainly a lot better than what I could have been named. 
Sotello.

Sorry for accidently quoting you guys, like, 3 times >_<

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

I love my name...

I don't know Clayton just sounds good to me...

I'm usually Called Clayton or Clay but I think I want people to start calling me Mitch sometimes just for the hell of it, That and my Middle name is Mitchell.

• Brohoof 1

I sort of do. I just feel like, with my last name, it makes a boring name. My first name's Ian. I've personally never liked it that much, but whatever, I don't wanna change it.