Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

hmm, guess this thread will get a confession outta me...

My actual first name is Liam, although I havent been called that by anyone in about 4 years. I hated the name so much, I ended up sort of changing it (not legally as of yet) to Alex. If you asked me to explain it though, I probably couldnt. I just...hated it  ^_^

My first name is actually one of the most common names in my country (Juan). I don't dislike it, though, I have never complained about it.

But in school, everyone used to call me as my second name because it's somewhat uncommon  :lol:

I don't mind mine! I think it fits pretty well. My birth name is fairly old-fashioned and professional, so people don't call me that a lot. Not cause I dislike it, but because they consider it weird to call me that because they don't think it suits me. My nickname, on the other hand, is what a lot of people know me by (some people even think it's my real name!) and it fits my personality a lot better. I don't think I'd ever get it changed though. I like both my names, and it's the choice of those I know as to how they want to call me ^^

I kinda hate my name. My name is Jimmy. What I dislike about it is that it's supposed to be a nickname for James but, my name is NOT James. So I get asked "Is your name James?" a lot and it's pissing me off. Why couldn't I have a had a more "normal" name?

So anyone else have any similar issues with their name? 

XD my name is James but i hate being called james so i ask everyone to call me jimmy since there are 5 james's in my school and only one other jimmy so i prefer to be called jimmy since more people know who were talking about. Not only that but 3 other james's all have similar last names to me. Also to me jimmy sounds like a more fun bubbly name so i hate being called james since it makes it sound more sophisticated and like i have to stand up to it.

• Brohoof 1

Ok so here we are 12 pages later, and it turns out I grew to dislike my first name..... for reasons, I'm not sure if I wanna state here. If you're curious you might pm me :P.

One of them that I can say, is just it's too damn normal/regular/boring? It's really weird for me that people just name kids with same set of names over and over and over again. We're all different, pretty, unique and special snowflakes ( I know snowflakes look identically to each other ) with same set of names to make us indistinct... There are other reasons too.

My last name is still fine, although it's werid... and hard to pronounce for foreigners ^^ I'm even surprised I'm still okay with it.

when I was growing up, my first name was very uncommon, so i would get teased relentlessly for it, but now the name "Triston" (thank you very much Legends of the fall!) is quite common and everyone seems to like it...so I'm happy with it 

My first name is Carson.  My parents gave me the name because they wanted to name me something that was uncommon(that's a laugh).  In the past I have not really liked my first name, but at this point, I have finally come to terms with it.  I look at my name, and I see myself in it, which is not exactly how I felt before.  But I understand not liking your name.  Here is a question for all y'all who don't like your first names: If you don't like your current first name, is there another name that you feel you associate with more?  I don't mean just any name that you think would be cool like, "Ghee Buttersnaps", or "Gusjay Gupta", or anything like that.  Rather, is there a name that you feel fits you better than what name you have currently?

I don't have any real complain respecting my name.

There're names that I like more, but I won't say nothing bad about my name.

No! Because if I didn't have my first name, I wouldn't have the same name as GLaDOS! I would have never joined the Portal fandom fully  as "GLaDOS" and my real life friends would have never called me that nickname.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hm....I am unsure. Seeing as how my first name is Daniel, I don't really have a problem with it or with the nicknames that I am called every now and then. Now my middle name, I hate that, but this thread isn't about middle names, so I am going to keep silent about that.

It's taken me a while, but I'm thinking I'm used to my name now.

Socorro is a unique name, so it sometimes takes people a bit to get it right, usually messing it up now and then, but I've grown used to that since school haha.

Lately I've accepted my "baby nickname" Coco, idk it seems cuter, and I like that :3

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely LOVE my name. Most people have never heard of it, but there are others with my first name out there. It never really has had a spike in popularity, so it doesn't sound dated like my middle name does.

BTW, my full name means "angry singing brewmaster".

Ashley,  feck every class i was in had like 4 to 2 of em and it was to a point till I hated my name till my mom said I was named from the Ashley in Gone with the Wind which is hee fav book/film of all time and also, I'm name is based from a druid tree of the pagans!

• Brohoof 1