Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

Listen kiddies. If/when you have children of your own, I highly recommend this:

Please, for the love of Gandhi, don't name your kid Christian. Seriously. I'm not saying this because I hate Christians or whatever, but  rather I'm saying this because they just might not end up following that faith, and it's going to be real awkward for them if that's the case. It's not even that nice sounding of a name in the first place

TL;DR My name sucks and is inconvenient.

I don't HATE my name, but I don't particularly love it to death, either. It's "Colin", with one L. That's a common mistake, which makes me dislike the name a bit. However, I like its definition. It means "Victor/Victorius". So, in the words of Plankton...

I WIN! I WIN, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Brohoof 1

I love my name personally, it's not too common (or at least it doesn't seem *that* common, not as much as some) and it's fitting for me I think!

(if it wasn't already obvious, my name's Kelsey)

Just my first name? Heh... well I guess the name David should tell you if I hate my own name or not. But enough being vague, I really do hate my first name. It's so goddamn common. I'd rather go by something like Emily, like my fursona's name. Just something that doesn't remind me that I have lame guy's name. My last name is alright I guess. But that's a tale for another time, since this is about first names.

I guess I forgot to mention when my parents made me take ballroom dance classes, my mom shouted Cammy from all the way across the room, and all the girls heard it ._____. now a lot of them have my number and even girls in my high school called me that if they wanted to be flirty.... That's the only thing I hated about my name lol.

feel free to call me Cammy, ladies ;)

I dislike it because only girls typically have it and a character from an anime who kills people with a notebook (Hint hint)

This causes a lot of unavoidable jokes that keep me bookmarked on the name change document for the state (no not literally). But people usually call me the masculine form, once they know me. Even though I like that even less. But meh.. I like it being original enough, its just that my parents accidentally everything

(edited)

I don't hate my first name itself but I hate that when people try to mess with me by making a pun of it. If I had a penny for every time I'm called "Abbysnail" I'd be rich! -_-

Edited by IAmFluttershy

I sometimes hate my name because it says I have Tin like the tin cans but Its all connected so the s is silent but it empised for some reason

I hate my first name. While it's great that my mom wanted to honor her grandmother and all, it doesn't fit me at all. Also, my parents never intended for me to be called by my first name. I go by my middle name, Amanda which is fine, I suppose. Every other girl born in the 80s was named Amanda.

I wouldn't say I hate it but my first name is Viviana but according to the internet, it's always spelled wrong. It just annoys me when people call me viv or vivian. I looked it up in the urban dictionary and my name comes from the word vivacious which means full of life which I feel is the exact opposite of how I really am because I feel that I lack life.

• 3 years later...
On 2/23/2015 at 9:18 PM, Odyssey said:

My first name is Summer, and even if it may sound pretty, I do dislike it. The fact that I'm named after my least favourite season is bad enough, but what makes me not like it is whenever people are in a conversation about the season itself. Any time I hear somebody talk about summer, I assume they're talking about me. ;_;

I like my name now, lol

I don't like my first name at all. It's meh in English and the Polish equivalent is even worse. On the other hoof, there are even worse names, so it's not ultra-bad I suppose.

I also really dislike my last name. Common sounding and bad.

Yeah, I want to rename my character. :twi: