Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

Aaron doesn't seem that common where I live, I think I know one other person with my name and thats it. I quite like my name, easy to remember and I think Aaron was the older brother of Moses, which is quite a cool fact.

The only issues I have is when people misspell or don't pronounce it properly and I'm sure most people would get a little bit annoyed at that as well. Its Ah-run, not Air-ren -.-

Also I managed to incorporate into my username.

Edited by Aaramus
  • Brohoof 1

My name is Mahuwena and I hate it because no one except for my immediate family can pronounce it. Then again...I'm not sure because my dad said it one way (the African way) and my mom said it another. It was a confusing time for me.. >.<

I also hate it because it gave me a lot of grief when I was in school, especially high school. And my own Grandmother and aunts and uncles can't pronounce it!

My name is pronounced, "Mow-When-Ah" but they always (along with the majority of people I have to interact with) say "Mow Ween Ah".

UGH! And it's not like I can say "Oh my names this but you can call me my middle name" NO, because my middle name is even worse!

So I had to go with people calling me Momo.

Okay I'm done now.

• Brohoof 4

Name's Cameron. It's alright, not too common of a name (Around 62,000 Camerons in the US. Only 62 Cameron Reeds.). It's a name of Scottish origin, meaning "Crooked Nose". It was the name of a supposedly great Highland clan. Perhaps it explains why I like bagpipes so much...

I don't hate my name, but I'd probably prefer my middle name (Michael). Of course, my dad's name is Michael, so I probably wouldn't use it, since then I would be Michael Reed Jr. or Michael Reed the Second, both of which are extremely pretentious names. I hate pretentiousness, so I would avoid a name such as that like the plague.

I do not dislike my name, per se, but I dislike the fact that it is mine.

I have some gender issues, so whenever people call me this... male name... it's just... awkward, to say the least.

• Brohoof 4

i'm indifferent. people tend to tell me that my first name is a nice one, particularly because it doesn't use the english way of spelling it, but something more akin to how it was originally spelt. or something. i don't really mind it, but i don't see it as anything special. i'm more particular to some other names instead, like Elicia or Sheila. feminine names are cool, and it's legal to change your name to one of the opposite gender here in Sweden.

my name is Isak, by the way.

My first name (jamie) is ok bit dull but i like it mainly because i have become accustomed to it so it feels natural, however it is a bit annoying having a last name that no one can pronounce as i have to spell it fully out for them on forms and on the phone it is also funny to hear people try to say it.

My first name is Charlie...

And oh all the times people say "Charlie, Charlie bit my finger"

Or all the times they say I work at willy wonkas chocolat factory because I work at a chocolat shop...

I know... It's lame... I wish my name could have been different... Anything but Charlie...

• Brohoof 1

*so. many. bronies. named. Cameron.*

Name's Stefan. It's pretty common over here in the land of awesome Serbians.

I wub it. It's the first name of many leaders:

Stefan Nemanja 

Stefan Nemanjić Prvovenčani (first Serbian king)

Stefan Dušan Nemanjić IV (first Serbian emperor)

Edited by StefanSreto (Chetnik)

I'm pretty fine with my first name, it being Spencer. I don't believe it's very common as far as I remember, and it has a quite nice meaning: provider, as well as steward in both English and French.

Edited by Veiled Enigma

I dislike my name, though maybe I should change it on the forums...

The latin meaning of Claudia is lame.... which is kind of a downer for me... a lot of guys say it's pretty but I don't know, I wish I knew a name I could have that would fit me.

I honestly wish me name weren't Chris.  There are at least four other Chris' in my school, so it can be easy for new teachers to get confused.

On top of that, I have trouble pronouncing the "R" sound, so introducing myself doesn't always go off without a hitch.

• Brohoof 1

My first name is Maya. Everyone says that my name sound really cute, but I can't stand it. i don't like it because i'm already short enough to be a 7 year old, the name Maya just makes me sound more adorable and harmless.

Edited by Key Lime Pie
  • Brohoof 2

I don't like my name. It's Isobel, and I just don't like how it sounds XD

Though my last name really sucks. My name is alliterative, so it's fun to makes jokes of, and also it sounds like more of a Asian name, which I have no problem with but some people kind of tease me about it.

I don't really care, having an alliterative name makes me feel 'Pinkie Pie-ish' XD

• Brohoof 1

I love my first name.

Russian names are very unique. Each one has special shortened names to go with it.

It's a very respectful and important thing in Russia. Saying the wrong "nickname" can be considered very disrespectful and will make people dislike you.

It's a cultural thing that I adhere to very much. Saying the wrong nickname and I will take it as if you swore at me.

You can all call me Mitya if you'd like since it's allowed to call me that.

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer
  • Brohoof 2

My name is not that original, but I don't hate it either. I've ran itno a ton of people with the same first name as myself, it's just that my middle name combined with my first name makes it seem extremely bland.

My first name is Austin.

As in:

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (Austin 3:16)

Austin, Texas

Austin Powers (Groovy, baby! Yeah!)

So yea, i'm naturally awesome.

Awesome Awestin.

• Brohoof 3

It's not that I dislike Eric, I just don't like that it's my name. Doesn't fit. Edgar has always been my favorite masculine name. If I ever change my name, that's what I'm going with.

I sort of hate my first name. My name is Jacob which I like to be referred to as but people keep coming up with childish nicknames like "Jakey" or as my dad says, "Jake the wake" WTF?

You should go by Jake the Snake.

post-6104-0-01167100-1355880704.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Dramatic Reveal

Shayne.

Not particularly. It's not a common name, especially with the y, which you don't see often. Usually Shane is how it's spelled.

• Brohoof 2

My first name is Chris.  It's very common, and that's one of the reasons I like it so much.  One summer, I took my best friend, who is also named Chris, and another friend of ours named Chris, to McDonalds during lunch.  You should have seen the look on the cashier's face when we had to tell her our names.  I'm sure she wasn't expecting taking the order of three guys with the same name.  It just made our day.

• Brohoof 4

Keep in mind everypony, this may simply be a clever ruse to conceal my true identity; after all, as the Derp Knight, I have many, many enemies who, were they to discover my true identity, would want to hurt those closest to me!  But...

:ph34r: ...theoretically, my name may or may not be Alexander, and I love the name, always have and always will.  Very ancient name, and it even means "defender/protector of man", so hey, kinda appropriate for the Muffin Mare!!!  :lol: *ahem* That is, if it truly is my real name, which I will neither confirm nor deny.  :ph34r:   I'm off!!! *cue dramatic exit*

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1