Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

I don't dislike my name. Sometimes people give me weird looks, but only because it's not really that common. But you shouldn't hate or dislike your name, you should love it and be proud to be called it.

Eh,Russel isn't too bad of a name.People think I don't look like one though,since they always ask me if my name is either Joe,Steven,Paul,or Charles based on my looks.

If I could though,I'd probably change my first name to one of my middle names.Rhys sounds sooo much better.

*so. many. bronies. named. Cameron.*

Where? I've never heard of another Brony named Cameron, be it on this site or on any other pony-related site. It's not really all that common of a name. 

I want to revise what I said earlier about my name (Cameron, as if it wasn't totally obvious already): I don't like it. It just sounds stupid, for some reason. Like a name meant for a young child. I aim to change my name once I'm living on my own.

Edited by HylianTwilian

I hate my first name, and middle name.

My first name is this really stupid ethnic name, with incorrect vowels, straight from the lowest pits of hillbilly hell.

My middle name is the same name as my father's. Could he have been any less obvious? He might as well have named me "Him MK2".

My last name is also stupid. It signifies that I am a part of this pathetic family of freaks and idiots.

Hell, I think something cool like 'Maxumus' or something long would be cool as hell, but tedious to write.

My name is European, and it's nothing like the ones they use around here. Nobody has the name 'Konrad,' and it's very distinct from other names, so I never get confused when people are talking about others. A lot of common ones I see around are John, Brendan, James....

I don't like those, too mainstream.

Meh... my first name is something very unique... because my father's family comes from rural areas, so we've got all those weird names. So names like mine are associated with poor people, and I don't like being mocked by that. Though overall, I don't mind much my name, but one thing that makes me wish I had another name is the fact that my name doesn't have an english equivalent.

Portuguese - English

João            - John

José            - Joseph

Felipe          - Phillip

Roberto       - Robert

Miguel          - Michael

Adão            - Adam

Meanwhile, my name is Severino (Say-vay-ree-no). That doesn't translate to anything.

One other thing I thought it'd be relevant: My grandfather was Severino, my father Severino Jr., and I am Severino Neto (The "e" is pronounced like the "a" in "Hat")(Neto is the portuguese word for Grandson). So to discern me from my father and grandfather, I'm called Neto by my family members. My school friends though, call me Severino.

I dont pay much attention to it, actually. My first name is Thomas. It seems to be quite a popular one both in scandinavian countries and ofcourse germany. I guess it's alright. But i would have preferred other names. Perhaps it's common for people not to think highly of their own names while others seem to like a lot. ^_^

Edited by JavaJive

Hate it. It's so bland and boring. I guess it's still a little unusual, especially the spelling, but it's just meh besides.

I asked my mum what else she may have named me and she said Olivia. I promptly got depressed because Olivia is the best name ever. I even go by "Olivia Ofrenda" on Skype and stuff like that and while it's mostly cuz I love Ofrenda, it's also the name :P

I also like the name Thalia a lot.

• Brohoof 1

My name is Kale.

No, that wasn't a typo. My name is the exact same as the vegetable Kale. To be fair, it's a pretty obsure vegetable, but it's a vegetable nontheless. Not to mention it just sounds stupid. So, yes I do dislike my name.

Edited by ThatSpiritofChaos
  • Brohoof 1

I kinda hate my name. My name is Jimmy. What I dislike about it is that it's supposed to be a nickname for James but, my name is NOT James. So I get asked "Is your name James?" a lot and it's pissing me off. Why couldn't I have a had a more "normal" name?

So anyone else have any similar issues with their name? 

Sounds like my brother, whose legal first name is literally "Johnny".  Not "John" or "Jonathan", but "Johnny". 

Mine, it's Arnold, which gets its fair share of jokes ("Hey Arnold!" or "Say 'I'll be back'!") but I deal with it in stride now.

• Brohoof 3

I have always disliked my first name becuase....well its just plain weird lol. I mean seriously why didn't my parents give me a normal name like my brother =(  Oh yeah my first name is Ari.

Ari's a cool name! I don't HATE my name. I actually LOVE IT! But, i wish my name was Beatrice. Or Riley. Such cool names. :P My names' Abrar by the way. It means the good people. 

My name aint too common, and I see no one that's posted in this thread so far has the same name as me.

It's Carson.

I dunno, don't love it, don't hate it.

Besides, all my friends use the nickname "Crazy 8". I dunno how that's supposed to be easier than saying Carson, but it doesn't bug me much.

I actually love my first name. It's Matthew but I prefer Matt and I just love the sound of it. Sounds like a very nice sounding name to me. ;)

My last name however annoys me because it's not even my real last name. My great grandfather changed it when my family moved to Canada from Germany in WW2 so it wouldn't sound too German and arouse suspicion.

• Brohoof 1

My first name is alright, not to many people have it but it isn't anything special. I always wanted a name like Kawasaki or a name from the Resistance, like Leonardo or Raphael.

My name is Ryan, which I am fine with, I am annoyed by the high amount of other Ryan's around, so a lot of my friends actually refer to me by my last name. I do that as well to people named Michael...the most common name I've ever seen

I can't dislike my first name. It's Zoe, which is Greek for Life. And I actually like my middle name too! It's Romany, which is the language of the European gypsies and it also means Gypsy. My mother named me so that the meanings would go together. Life Gypsy. :-> I quite like it! My last name is blahhhhh. Mitchell. But hopefully, if all goes well with the love of my life, it will become Swan! :3

• Brohoof 2

My name is Joshua. I don't like people calling me Joshua though. I prefer to be called Josh. Good thing all my friends and family call me Josh naturally, I can't stand been called Joshua. It just doesn't sound cool. On the plus side its not as common as Michael or Sam etc.

Edited by TheLoneyPony

My first name seems to be quite popular these days, Ethan is my first name, I don't mind it, I guess it was more rare back in the day, it's good enough for me!

My first name seems to be rare or maybe just not that common where I live atm. My first name is Arthur and I do like the fact it was hard to be made fun of in school. I've always kinda of like the scottish sound to the name and do love some of the nicknames I've gotten from it. "King Arthur" is my favorite of the bunch. :P

YES YES YES YES. my actual names "Ronald" which, you could probably see the problem with, (fast food chain). I get people to call my Ronny though, since it doesn't bother me as much.

AND YES, i got called RMD a lot as a kid

Well, I'm quite a special case then aren't I?

My ACTUAL name is Peleg, it's in Hebrew and it probably sounds weird to you guys, but it's just a name here. The interesting things are that my real name is common as a last name more than a first name, it's like if somebody was called Smith in the U.S. it's not weird but it's just uncommon :P

And in English my name one-on-one translates to Brook, which is a girl's name I think? I'm not sure, but one way or another I don't mind :P

bottom line: no, I do not dislike my name, I love it in fact :3

My first name is Nathan and I like it very much, although here on the forums I prefer TailsAlone or Tails. ;)

My birth name was Nathaniel, which I only put on my tax forms. A lot of people call me Nate, which I don't like very much. I mean, if I wanted to be called Nate that's how I would introduce myself, you know? But, what can you do. It's better than it was in Catholic school. You know what some kids called me there? "Satan." :mellow:

Edited by TailsAlone