Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think MLP:FiM would of gotten as far as it is now without bronies?

Esk

It would still exist but without bronies the shows popularity would never have skyrocketed over the internet since 4Chan is tge one responsible for the initial breakout. Bronies is what the show better in my opinion.

It probably wouldn't have made such a big impact if there was no fandom.  With the fandom more people are being introduced.  It wouldn't had become a huge pop-culture icon thing.

• 8 years later...
10 minutes ago, Paleopony said:

It probably would have lasted about as long as it did, even though it would have been a little different without the influence of the bronies.

Heck it might've been better... Or Lauren faust might've stayed.

• Brohoof 1

I had always assumed that it was the other way around - that the brony community became what it is because the show was, at the time, one of few shows aimed at girls that was of sufficient quality to achieve meaningful all-ages and gender-neutral appeal.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

Heck it might've been better... Or Lauren faust might've stayed.

Doubt it. Lauren Faust departed from the show because the schedule was too hectic (being from LA in a show from Vancouver), and Hasbro forcing her and her writers to develop the show in a closet-size room only convinced her further.

As for the 9-year-old OP, bronydom had a major impact on the show. When Season 3 was being developed, DHX assumed that was the end. But after Magical Mystery Cure’s script was submitted for production, Hasbro ordered Season 4, and five more years of G4 soon followed. The fact that MLP became a $650-million brand more than suggests its impact.

• Brohoof 1

Well pretty much the reason why it got seasons beyond the third one is almost entirely thanks to the success of the show. This does include bronies as they of course were promoting it a lot and if you think about it from the childrens perpective the targeted demographic would see a lot of brony made content that would keep their interest in it. I believe bronies had more impact on the shows performance then we like giving it credit for truly. I mean look at most childrens cartoons most of them are just basic colourful distractions. However anyone can see that mlp had way more passion and ambitions that's partially a nod to the fandom. I mean the voice actors, the writers and animators all became well horse famous in a way they became famous and lets be honest without the fandom would they have gotten the platforms they did. Would say I doubt it, essentially the fandom turned the show into something more then a show it turned it into a family.

6 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Doubt it. Lauren Faust departed from the show because the schedule was too hectic (being from LA in a show from Vancouver), and Hasbro forcing her and her writers to develop the show in a closet-size room only convinced her further.

Not to go off topic, but I did hear about that from Larson's interview with Faust, and yeah, that was a dick move on Hasbro's part.:eww:

• Brohoof 1

i don't think it would have as much season as it did. And the direction of the show would've been wayyy different imo :awwthanks:

Edited by yungsparkle7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Could the the show have gotten so far without being the same show? FiM was a good show at the right time, so it was inevitable people was gonna like it. To some degree, there is a symbiotic relationship between G4 and bronies. As it is the case with many other good shows and their respective fandoms. Of course, I believe the success of the show was in part due to the brony influence. As to what degree, I do not know. But it was enough to warrant having episodes dedicated to the fandom.

The show would probably end after the third season as presumably intended, or at most last four seasons. It probably wouldn't have a lot more adventure plotlines like it did after the first season, and it certainly wouldn't have any iconic fandom nods such as Derpy. In fact, Derpy would've just been a typical background pony with ordinary eyes and no significance, barring her first appearance, if the fandom wasn't around to notice.