Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What Video Game levels/bosses make you rage?

Moon Rat

This just came out of curiosity..

Like the title says, what video Game levels or bosses are there that make you throw your controller out a window?

For me, I would have to say the Egg Dragoon from Sonic Generations gave me the most trouble out of any game.

As for level, I would say Sky Sanctuary, also from Sonic Generations

That is literally like my achilles heel when it comes to starting that game

I really suck at that level

Now your turn :3

Edited by Artemis
tags;prefix
  • Brohoof 4

For me, the boss I raged the most against in gaming would have to be Valintine from Guilty Gear two (I played on hardest difficulty, tried to beat the level through strategy and thinking, but after 30 failures, I simply dashed to her base, killed her, then her spawn point. I wanted to cry...)

Level wise... I'd say any desert level from any game, their always so bland and boring... :(

Boss that made me rage the most?Jubileus from Bayonetta.First time around,she was a friggin' pushover for me.Turning me into a defenseless child,friggin' changing up the arena and having BS things hit me when I had no life...it was hell for me until I beat her.Strangely enough,I can faceroll her on the hardest difficulty on that game now.

As for hardest level...it's probably the entirety of Chapter 3 in Metro 2033.Playing it on the hardest difficulty where I can't go Rambo and rampage throughout the area,and I suck at stealth.I still haven't finished that chapter yet,and I'm pretty sure I'm not even remotely close to finishing it yet.

Medal of honor Alied assault - Not really a boss, more of a level... It was very annoying and hard in one destroyed city full of snipers... It was also really spooky...

Oh yeah that game...it was actually the first FPS I ever got to play. I still remember the torture that was Omaha Beach and also the levels where you had that guy with you you freed in the second mission. Since I didn't understand English at the time I had no idea what I was supposed to do and that really ramped up the difficulty.

Other than that I'd say Crash Bash on PS1. Some of the minigames were so unfair, especially in the relic challenges...I remember that the level in which you run around smashing mushrooms with hammers took 3 months for me and my dad to beat.

I'd also like to give attention to my latest gaming rage. Last Friday I beat MC Kids on NES and in one sitting. Took me 10 hours and at least 4 were spent in the volcano stages...my God.

• Brohoof 1

Digdogger from Oracle of Seasons.  Navigating that spiked ball with the Magnetic Gloves was always a real pain; at least to me it was.

And perhaps Head Thwomp from Oracle of Ages.  Once you had the timing of when to throw the bombs, he wasn't much of an issue but in this case, it's for one very specific incident of mine; it was one of my first times playing the game and I had just half a heart left.  So, when you land a hit on him, he drops a heart, so I was standing under him waiting for it.  What I didn't know is that I had actually beaten him with that last hit...he falls down when you beat him...and he can still hurt you when he falls.

• Brohoof 3

The first trip to the Forskaen Fortress in Zelda: Wind Waker. You work so hard for the sword only for the game to say "Just kidding you don't get to stab bad guys with your new item. Time to hide in barrels!" Let me kill stuff in a Zelda game. Pls.

The Dolls and Golbez in the DS version of Final Fantasy IV. They are much harder in the DS version and you have to fight them back to back after a reasonably long cutscene that you're gonna repeat A LOT if you die.

The first fight with with (RE5 spoilers) Wesker where you have to work with a brain dead parner AI to flip light switches and toss missiles. Terrible fight made harder on Professional modes insane fake difficulty.

Mega man X is a challenging game that I played as a kid so it's easier for me but the last boss still frustrates me.

Any of the the World 8 Mario Bros levels count

The later levels in Donkey Kong Country 2 are obscenely hard. People always hate on DKC3 but I like it more because the later levels aren't nearly as cheap. Challenging but reasonably so.

Any water level in a Genesis era Sonic. Four games and they didn't figure out that those levels weren't fun. Takes the otherwise great pacing out of the games.

If MMOs count, pre-Cataclysm Gnomeregan in WoW was a horribly designed dungeon with all the alarm-o-bots destroying groups fun.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 1

Final Boss from Ninja Gaiden 1
This beast has 3 forms. First one is easy, the second one fireballs yum follow behind you, I am serious that you'll have like half HP left after that, and then this scorpion thing that you have to hit in the head first, then tail and then kill him. But I did beat him, but still...

• Brohoof 1

Video game level, I must say it's that castle in the original mario games. I can't really remember which world it is, but this certain castle requires me to walk through the floors in a certain pattern. Of course little me couldn't understand something like that could exist, I ended up running through that castle's segment over and over and over again. In the end I somehow managed to get though, I got killed by bowser because I forgot to jump. Took me days to forgive the game.

Boss that made me rage... If we are talking about mmorpg, I can give you a load of examples, but bosses from consoles, I got this dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgftOl7CeLA

I almost restart the entire game just to avoid Yuffie at all cost.

Edited by Starshine

When you kill Fidel Castro's double in Black Ops. You break down the door then time slows down giving you like 10 seconds to get a shot on him, like could they make it any easier?

In the mmorpg RuneScape (before the SoF and EoC was released) all the bosses would make me rage if they killed me.

In Skyrim dragons use to piss me off when I was very low level. Once when a frost dragon attacked a town I had to spend over an hour constantly dying and strategically planning how to kill it. After all of that I found out my follower and horse had died- and so had most of the town, so I just loaded the save before the dragon attack and left the town as quickly as possible.

Also the bosses in Crash Bandicoot... They can be hard when you're only like 8.

In Donkey Kong Country & Donkey Kong Country Returns (I have both because I'm awesome) the bosses always show a degree of difficulty and usually take way more then one time to defeat, making the stress level go up. I find those games to be fun to play with another person though.

Two words: Water Temples. No matter what Zelda game, there's always that ONE dungeon where they use water physics, complicated puzzles, multiple floors, and taking forever to get the item! The bosses are usually fun, though.

For a boss/enemy, I'd have to say Goht from Majora's Mask. I'd fight Gyorg any time, just PLEASE don't make me race Goht....

• Brohoof 1

The Abyss track from Star Wars Episode 1: Racer. Basically, if couldn't go 700 MPH on a course that was windy and just as wide as your racer, you would fall to the lower level of the track and add, what, five minutes to your time? Impossible for me to do, even now.

Any Civilization on Deity difficulty in Civilization IV. Just...nope.

And to round it off, whoever runs our tabletop Call of Cthulhu game. "Okay, we enter the room-" "Nyarlathotep awakens and swallows the planet. You're all dead."

...  :angry:

• Brohoof 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="weegeez" data-cid="1000820" data-time="1355596605"><p>

Every damn thing in BATTLETOADS. EVERY DAMN ENEMY, STAGE. OBSTACLE, JUMP, BOSS...every damn thing in Battletoads...ALso Water Temple, what the hell is that?</p></blockquote>

Well, in Zelda games, there's always a water-themed stage commonly known as the Water Temple. There are also Fire Temples, Grass Temples, and the occasional Shadow Temple.

I don't know if this count but there is a doom mod called Combat shock and a few levels pissed me off.

For example:

(By the way I'm not the one who made the videos I posted. He makes it look easy.)

Edited by Hakureimiko

I almost forgot about the other boss that makes me rage, and that would have to be your rematch against Sir Lancelot AKA Shadow the Hedgehog from Sonic and the Black Knight,

He was fairly easy to beat the first time but the second time... GOOD LORD does he ever NOT want to die :/

He pulls out ALL the stops this time arounds

As for levels/worlds, I would have to say any world on Ratchet Deadlocked on the Exterminator difficulty

Most of the enemies seemingly kill you in one or two hits and it is a major pain in the butt to try to complete :/

• Brohoof 1

UGH it makes me mad just to remeber it. For the most difficult boss fight it was in Kingdom Hearts 2 when you fight Sephiroth to get the Fenrir Keyblade. For the level that made me rage to no end was in Super Mario Bros 3 world seven castle. I never beat it...

post-5946-0-25463200-1355691577.jpg

post-5946-0-78906400-1355691583.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Boss...Dark Gaia - Sonic Unleashed.   Gah, the cutscenes were SOOO loooong, and there were so many, and the eye-lock-on thing never worked...(Didn't walk off, not play for a couple of years, then come back and still struggle, finally beating him and telling everyone I knew I beat him, no, not at all...)

Level:....Oooh, I actually want to kill the creators of the Eggmanland day stages in  Sonic Unleashed, Those were sadistic, boring, and all together, ruined quite a nice game for me..

• Brohoof 1

The final boss in The Last Story, the game is such a smooth, nice and easy ride until then, it was the only time in the entire game that I had to grind and it only made it go from impossible to somewhat bearable.

Oh, and Metroid Prime when you go to the Phazon Mines for the first time, you have to make your way through at least 20 or so rooms full of new, punishing enemies without a save or checkpoint of any kind, ending with a rather difficult miniboss at which point your health is probably piss-low if you aren't already dead, and then you have to navigate a chalenging morph ball maze with highly damaging electric fences- at least it ends with you getting the power bomb to blow up the stupid maze. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Oh. My gosh.

This has made me rage so much back then to the point of crying softly into my pillow.....

I'm talking aboot....

Pokemon Contests in Pokemon Emerald!

The amount of times I have lost really cheesed me off SO MANY TIIIIIMES! :angry:

*Sigh* I lost that game....  :(

• Brohoof 1

The last time i ever played kingdom hearts (i played it on a ps2 which was given as a gift to my now ex best friend by her boyfriend)  Ursuala was the last villian boss i had to fight  I kept raging because she kept killing me.   how many times did she kill me? 20  yes  how absolutely bucking pathetic. lol

In Dark Souls (played it on the Xbox 360) there is an area called "Blighttown". It's pretty much a swamp where you spend a great deal of time in water which poisons you. And many enemies you fight also poison you. Dark Souls already causes plenty of rage, seeing how every little thing can kill you if you aren't careful. But to be poisoned all the time?!? <_< Geez that was not fun