Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The most emotional you ever got about a cartoon

Silverwisp the Bard

For cartoons:

Gargoyles: When Angela was nearly killed

Transformers the Movie:  When Prime died.

Nicks Ninja Turtles the CG One:  When Master Splinter passed away. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really emotional towards media. I can only remember:

• Breaking Bad (for obvious reasons)
  • Bojack Horseman (when Hollyhock cut all ties to Bojack. And after the end when I realized how many lifes Bojack ruined)
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:01 PM, Twilight Luna said:

Your Name. Just watch it. You won't have a dry eye by the end, I promise.

100% true! If this movie doesn't twist your emotions into knots, nothing ever will! The first time I watched it I was writhing in agony (the good kind of agony!) And it keeps messing with you right up the last shot of the movie! 

I also have to say Grave of the Fireflies is pretty brutal, and not in a good way. That one just doesn't play fair at all

And then there's this classic moment. And who could deny it? 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Cistbiscuit said:

And then there's this classic moment. And who could deny it? 

Classic. This is my most emotional cartoon moment. :worry: Monsters, Inc. is SO good. 

On 10/30/2020 at 10:50 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Classic. This is my most emotional cartoon moment. :worry: Monsters, Inc. is SO good. 

Oh my gosh I forgot all about that one! I seriously need to catch up on Monsters Inc again!

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash and the Mane 6 in "Tanks for the Memories", for starters. That was surreal.

There's two scenes in Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures that almost got me teary-eyed. One, where the girls were working on this parade and when Strawberry floats away on the garland, they start crying thinking their bickering caused it. The other was when Strawberry thinks she lost Pupcake and Custard in the berry bitty woods during a storm and she starts sort of crying. God, those scenes pack a lot of heat because they melt the heart. 

Most of them have happened in MLP

FIrst one was from "Tanks for the Memories", as this was an episode that showed Rainbow Dash going through the various stages of grief.
Second one was the ending to "The Mane Attraction", with the pure emotion from Coloratura pouring out in the song.
Third and certainly not least, the final song and final scene for FIM. I cried for a solid 10 minutes following the end.

Adventure Time. When we learned the Ice King's background, I cried. Simon Petrikov knew that the crown would destroy his mind, but he used it anyway to save and protect one little girl. He went from a comical goof, to a tragic hero in my mind once I learned that. Now he doesn't even remember his past with Marceline. I haven't watched much Adventure time after learning of his tragic past. The poor poor man doesn't even realize that the song he is singing here is made up of the disjointed last lucid thoughts he wrote on scraps of paper.

Yes, just watching the video below reduced me to tears again.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

It would definitely be MLP. The end of the show didn't hit me until the Gala at BronyCon 2019, at which point I cried for a solid twenty minutes. A few of the episodes have also made me tear up, being The Perfect Pear, and re-watching the end scene in The Cutie Re-Mark part 2 when the screen pans out and it has all the characters standing together. That scene hits different now that the show is over.

• Brohoof 1

There's a lot to choose from here, beneath my normally gruff exterior I can actually be quite sensitive at times and for whatever reason cartoons seem to bring that out of me more than real life does, maybe it's just harder to be jaded and cynical about other worlds that exist only in fantasy.

As I said, there's a a lot I could choose from, I recently watched Brother Bear for the first time in years and when they finally arrive at the salmon run and Koda is telling his story, watching the realisation gradually dawn on Kenai that he was responsible for Koda being an orphan was definitely quite emotional.

I think, however, that first place (for the time being) would have to go to Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast.  Gruff returning to hibernation for another thousand years was intentionally treated like a funeral, and when each of the fairies are gifting him something from their own talent to make him more comfortable I gave up on any attempt at emotional restraint.  It wasn't just the metaphorical death of Gruff himself, it was also the fact that when the fairies realised that they would never see him again it highlighted their own mortality as well.  Although it was alluded to throughout the film series that fairies could meet an untimely end in a variety of ways you never really thought of them growing old and dying, and even though that is the normal conclusion for most living things it was still strangely poignant to have it laid bare in that fashion.

I would to say it would be in My Hero Academia, the part when All Might told Deku that he too can become a hero. And Deku broke down in tears. I re-watch the series like four time and this part always hits me hard. The small spark of hope despite of the society telling you it's hopeless really got me emotional. (I'm getting emotional writing this too!) :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

I get emotional at animated shows all the time. Hell, MLP pulled it off several times, most notably with the 'You're in my head like a catchy song' sequence. Aside from that, the final to Gravity Falls, at least until the show got cold feet and began to reverse the impact of it, and several times during Star vs. the Forces of Evil.

Anime-wise, K-ON's ending definitely made me very emotional, though the biggest impact from an anime was probably the final or penultimate episode of A Place Further Than the Universe, after they find the laptop in the old base. Even just thinking about it gives me chills.

And these are just the ones I can easily think of right now, there are many, many more.

rupertThere many, I believe but one I remember, Family Guy Dog eat Bear I believe episode called. Where Stewie set off Rupert ashes into the sky. Even in the end Steewie had another bear that Srewie think Rupert come back and show Ruprty in heaven, was holding my two teddies while watching it.

• Any time prayer played in Pokemon: Indigo League.
  • Pokemon: Advanced Battle - Disaster of Disguise
  • Spongebob - Have You Seen This Snail?
  • Ed Edd n Eddy's: Big Picture Show
  • Batman: The Animated Series - Heart of Ice, Baby Doll, Two-Face

I think if we're excluding anime, then the most emotional I've gotten was during Crusaders of the Lost Mark! When the Cutie Mark Crusaders finally got their marks after a very long series of misadventures, trials and tribulations, I bawled my eyes out. There was just something nice and heartwarming about the moments after they realised what had happened, looking back on all of the memories we'd all made together throughout the series until that point. :catface:

• 4 weeks later...

There’s been a bunch. I’m probably not going to remember everything.

As far as anime goes

Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus deaths. 

Inuyasha, the whole dynamic between Kagome, Inuyasha and Kikyo. I always felt bad for Kagome. 

Elfen Lied - Nothing needs to be said here.

Clannad - This is another one where nothing needs to be said here.

Certain parts in Blood+ 

As far as cartoons go

the whole storyline between Marceline and the Ice King from Adventure Time. Remember you was so good yet depressing. 

The ending of Toy Story 3. 

The episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Mask, the episode with Fox and Bunny.

Mothers day - rugrats episode. Melindas poem to chuckie, I cant.

Sonic X - Cosmo. You monsters really did that to poor Tails. Any other character I could have handled that sort of storyline with. But no it had to be Tails.

• Brohoof 1