Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heaven vs. Equestria: Where would you go?

jackleapp81

Imagine that you have just died. You enter a bright tunnel of light as your soul transcends your human body. You gradually accelerate down the tunnel. By the time you reach the gates of heaven, you are travelling at a break-neck speed. You close your eyes, bracing yourself for the impact. When you notice that you haven't been harmed, you open your eyes. God stands before you, in all his divine glory. He speaks:

"Thou hath pleased me, oh precious subject. I know of your great struggles on earth, and the adversity you faced. But...I also know of your tendency towards loyalty, courage, and kindness despite these arduous trials. I shall honor your perseverance with a choice: You may enter my glorious kingdom; or you may opt to begin life anew in the kingdom of Equestria. You will be mortal there, but I will watch over you, and ensure that no harm befalls you for the duration of your equine life. I cannot, however, act as a shield for any negative emotions that come as a result of your mortality. And beware: Your deeds in this realm will be judged. If you choose to take advantage of my blessing by killing, stealing, destroying, or otherwise causing grief to the other inhabitants of Equestria, you will be sent directly to hell. Likewise, if you choose to honor the values which you upheld as a human, then you will have the opportunity to return here after your death."

How would you respond? Would you choose Heaven, or Equestria?

• Brohoof 7

Ooh. Tough choice, although I could see this turning into a philosophical debate about the nature of heaven...

I'd have to say Equestria. He'd let you into Heaven after you died in Equestria if you lived a good life there, which would be presumably easier than living a good life here. They all care about each other here, and emphasize friendship rather than greed. 

Although, I have to ask. What if Equestria is Heaven?

• Brohoof 7

UJQjT.jpg

What kind of infidels would choose Equestria over the heaven? We all already see that Equestria isn't the perfect utopia like that of some of the bronies love to imagine it as. Chances are anyone who are sent to Equestria will live in a wonderful poverty before the imminent death.

• Brohoof 1

Although, I have to ask. What if Equestria is Heaven?

That's why the choice is so difficult. Equestria has the potential to be what we consider to be "heavenly", but the ponies there are all very much subject to their emotions and anxieties, just like human beings. Moments of great joy are punctuated by moments of great sadness, confusion, or fear a'la Discord or King Sombra. Does your desire to be a pony outweigh your desire to find out what lies beyond the gates of heaven? Or at least postpone your arrival to Heaven, depending on if you behave in Equestria or not (newfound invulnerability might cause some ponies to be...mischevious, to say the least).

Edited by jackleapp81
  • Brohoof 1

I would without a doubt choose Equestria. If you had a chance to go to both by being good in the second ife. A second chance, don't you think youd appreciate life and alot more with that second chance? Sure you might get "mischevious" but if you were to want something badly enough would you give it up just to do bad or would you try your hardest to achieve it? I say it would be the best of both worlds for me. Equestria for a life, and then heaven which in turn noone alive knows what it is like. It could be a second ethereal version of Equestria or it could be something better? you could never know till you went. But as i said before I would go to Equestria first and I would try my hardest to be friends with everyone and be a good pony till the end... And also if you went to Equestria... would that mean you would go to pony heaven or back to human heaven? Hahahaha, Now THAT would be heaven.

Edited by AppleDashFan
  • Brohoof 3

And also if you went to Equestria... would that mean you would go to pony heaven or back to human heaven? Hahahaha, Now THAT would be heaven.

Since we don't really know what heaven is comprised of, we can't answer that question accurately. God (or at least my version of God in this scenario) did not explain who or what lay beyond the gates of heaven, or if there were other heavens, but he did promise that we would return to the heaven we were originally introduced to in our human form. He also said it was "glorious", so I suppose that counts for something.

Edited by jackleapp81
  • Brohoof 2

Since we don't really know what heaven is comprised of, we can't answer that question accurately. God (or at least my version of God in this scenario) did not explain who or what lay beyond the gates of heaven, or if there were other heavens, but he did promise that we would return to the heaven we were originally introduced to in our human form. He also said it was "glorious", so I suppose that counts for something.

quite so, being as you say he didn't explain anything extra you can always assume that there are more than one heaven or all the heavens combined into one and once you pass through the gates you could choose which to go? Not saying that is and I'm sorry if that goes against some peoples religion, but I do believe that heaven is made up of what you think heaven would be like or how would it be heaven?

Edited by AppleDashFan

I would without a doubt choose Equestria. If you had a chance to go to both by being good in the second ife. A second chance, don't you think youd appreciate life and alot more with that second chance? Sure you might get "mischevious" but if you were to want something badly enough would you give it up just to do bad or would you try your hardest to achieve it? I say it would be the best of both worlds for me. Equestria for a life, and then heaven which in turn noone alive knows what it is like. It could be a second ethereal version of Equestria or it could be something better? you could never know till you went. But as i said before I would go to Equestria first and I would try my hardest to be friends with everyone and be a good pony till the end... And also if you went to Equestria... would that mean you would go to pony heaven or back to human heaven? Hahahaha, Now THAT would be heaven.

This. A million times this. *brohoof*

Heaven can wait, for...well, Eternity. If God gave you the chance at another life, a whole new world to experience, with heaven still waiting on the other side, who wouldn't take that? As for any temptations or mischievousness that might put your eternal life at risk while you live in Equestria, given how Equestria is based around love, compassion, and kindness, rather than the hate, jealousy, and fear that are cornerstones of our world, even if it's not a perfect world, it's easier to live a good upstanding life there than in our world.

If someone's first instinct when presented a place like Equestria is to lie, cheat, and steal...well, a heart that hardened wouldn't have been heaven-bound when departing Earth in the first place. People offered the chance to go to Equestria would want to protect and preserve it, not destroy it.

And human heaven vs. pony heaven, that's the reason I think that heaven is a personal place rather than an all-encompassing absolute. If life is as proliferous in the universe as scientists think it is, then there's just too many different souls in the universe to make one single place that could possibly satisfy them all. So either one of two things is probably true - 1) Each race in the universe has a heaven made for them, or 2) Heaven is a personal place/state of mind.

In either case, I would either choose pony heaven, or a personal heaven akin to Equestria.

One thing I've found a bit ironic - My image of heaven is an idealized Equestria, specifically Cloudesdale. The ironic part being that I always found the image of "lights and clouds" as heaven to be cliche...now there's no other place that I'd want to spend eternity than city of light and clouds!

Edited by Lightning Dust
  • Brohoof 3

Equestria.

If God's willing to let me into Heaven if I live a good and humble life in Equestria,why not take advantage of it and be able to experience life as both a human and a pony?Certainly,it will be interesting to see life in Equestria,and if you live a good life and follow the path He has recommended,you end up in Heaven.Win-win situation in my eyes.

• Brohoof 1

Equestria for sure. As people already stated, Equestria is not perfect,but its better then our world, and we know that. But its a new beginning, in a new world. I wouldn't pass it up for anything, not even heaven. And so what, in the end most of us would just end back up in heaven. 

Heaven is a personal place/state of mind.

Ahhhh, see this is what I actually believe happens when you die.

Edited by zRevenantz

Oh my.

I....

Um....

geez.

You, sir, have successfully come up with a question that I cannot answer. As a Christian I feel almost obliged to say Heaven, but...hm.

That being said......I know more about Equestria, so...wait that doesn't mean anything >.<

Okay I still have no answer. Good job xD

"Thou hath pleased me, oh precious subject. I know of your great struggles on earth, and the adversity you faced. But...I also know of your tendency towards loyalty, courage, and kindness despite these arduous trials. I shall honor your perseverance with a choice: You may enter my glorious kingdom; or you may opt to begin life anew in the kingdom of Equestria. You will be mortal there, but I will watch over you, and ensure that no harm befalls you for the duration of your equine life. I cannot, however, act as a shield for any negative emotions that come as a result of your mortality. And beware: Your deeds in this realm will be judged. If you choose to take advantage of my blessing by killing, stealing, destroying, or otherwise causing grief to the other inhabitants of Equestria, you will be sent directly to hell. Likewise, if you choose to honor the values which you upheld as a human, then you will have the opportunity to return here after your death."

How would you respond? Would you choose Heaven, or Equestria?

First off, make sure you are speaking to the right "person."  This does not at all seem godly to me.  Look at the situation.  If you choose to begin again in Equestria you will be Mortal, and he will watch over you etc making it so no harm can befall you (adding extra temptation if you figure this out assuming you will not remember this conversation) and if you cause grief to other inhabitants of Equestria (which is very broad) you go straight to Hell.  If you honor the values you upheld as a human (sorry -- it is a different culture and human values will not be there) then you have the opportunity to return here after death (this sounds like swindler car dealership talk).

This would scare me a ton and make me think I am talking to the exact opposite of who this is purported to be.  His glorious kingdom could have sulfur and brimstone.

Edited by silvadel

Heaven for sure; I can't imagine giving up God's heavenly kingdom, and getting to worship God alongside my family and friends that end up there for the rest of eternity, not even for Equestria.  :)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

I'll take the third option: Killing god and declaring myself the new god then reshaping the entire universe in my superior image

I would just choose equestria if that isn't an option coz there are lots of people in heaven that I probably dislike including god himself.

• Brohoof 2

Hands down Equestria I wouldn't even need to think about it for a second. plus Equestria is about 50 times more likely to actually exist then heaven lets face it intelligent ponys on another planet billions of miles away from us somewhere in the universe or big floaty man in the sky... I go with ponys.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache

Since most ponies aren't immortal I would have to say Equestria, I will die again eventually anyway and though heaven is going to awesome it will be much easier to end up there after living a life in Equestria than on earth.

Considering the fact that it would be impossible for me to get into heaven because I don't believe in it, by default, I would have to pick Equestria.

I'll probably have more fun there than in heaven.

I'm not religious, and if heaven was real, according to the bible, it's aproximately one hundred degress HOTTER than HELL.

Equestria, here I come. Equestria sounds better than Heaven even if Heaven was comfortable.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I'll take the third option: Killing god and declaring myself the new god then reshaping the entire universe in my superior image

I would just choose equestria if that isn't an option coz there are lots of people in heaven that I probably dislike including god himself.

Made all the more easier by this "god" not being a legit god.

And how would killing an illegit god somehow give you it's "powers"? Is this like Harry Potter's Elder Wand  or Tim Allen's Santa Clause?

Yeah, I would just tell this God to sterilize off.

Edited by GuillermoGage

It is, indeed, a difficult disicion, but I would choose Heaven for sure. Although the chance of living a Equestria as a pony seems nice, but Heaven is our promised paradise (I didn't mean to rhyme :P) as it is said in scripture. Plus, like Batbrony said, I would like to worship God with my family and friends. Now that is more special than living in Equestria :)

Equestria,because you can be a pony in equestria ,but you are a floting spirit in heaven and btw nopony knows that god is the good guy and heavan is the good place,but we know that equestria is good. 

If you actually read the Bible you would know that Heaven is paradise. Plus, how do you know if you're going to be a floating spirit in Heaven? You might not. Nobody knows, not even me, but I have read the Bible, that should say something.

• Brohoof 2

It is, indeed, a difficult disicion, but I would choose Heaven for sure. Although the chance of living a Equestria as a pony seems nice, but Heaven is our promised paradise (I didn't mean to rhyme :P) as it is said in scripture. Plus, like Batbrony said, I would like to worship God with my family and friends. Now that is more special than living in Equestria :)

The bible doesn't promise you that Heaven is a good place. Nowhere does it intend that you'd like Heaven, so I don't see your point.