Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heaven vs. Equestria: Where would you go?

jackleapp81

I would go to equestria easily but only for the fact that I could some day go to heaven. If I wasn't able to go to heaven after going to equestira I would refuse to go there simply cause I'd rather be in a place with my family rather then a place where I start a new life. Cause who wouldn't want to be with their family after death? The thought of never seeing my family ever again just makes me want to cry :(

I'm not sure. Probably Equestria. Although After I die I then want to go to heaven . If i can't do that then i'd switch. From my 'Understanding', In heaven anything you want(so long as its not sinful) comes true.

Very difficult decision...

If I chose Equestria, I would still be able to return to Heaven when I died there, and I would be able to go to Equestria through Heaven, because I'd have my own branch of Heaven (along with every individual), like somepony earlier said.

I suppose Heaven, so I don't have to suffer through death. Both are related to each other, for all I care.

• Brohoof 1

According to Christian Mythology, in heaven, all you do is sit with God and be like, "Gee, you're cool God."

No doing whatever you love all time, no possessions, nothing, just being an idiot with a dude who'd allow you to be burning forever alone...

Obviously Equestria, I'd rather be eating candy with Pinkie than sitting next to God and drooling in his, hnnng, "Love"

I think you are neglecting to consider the possibility that our wants, our desires, and our emotions might not even be what we traditionally consider them to be once we reach heaven (provided that you believe heaven exists). Adjectives like "boring" or "un-interesting" might not even factor in there. Heaven ideally, would provide satisfaction on all levels (or at least the levels of emotion we'd have in the form of a soul, un-constrained by our ego on earth).

You and I must have lived significantly different lives, because my greatest experiences and memories did not involve technology. Not to say that technology couldn't be a kickstarter, so to speak, for memorable life experiences, but I think technology does not provide happiness or satisfaction at the same level that a meaningful face-to-face conversation can provide, or simply being around someone who radiates joy, or connects with you on a deeper level. People need people, not technology. Technology provides entertainment, and it can be an outlet for positive social interactions, but so can a person. Happiness is not, and should not be, limited to technology.

That is very true, technology is as some people might say "an extra arm to help throughout the day" but even without it we could survive, and be happy. Friendships, love, happiness, everything was there before technolology. although technology allows on a worldwide scale.

ON a completely different topic,

I would go to equestria easily but only for the fact that I could some day go to heaven. If I wasn't able to go to heaven after going to equestira I would refuse to go there simply cause I'd rather be in a place with my family rather then a place where I start a new life. Cause who wouldn't want to be with their family after death? The thought of never seeing my family ever again just makes me want to cry :(

But what if God said that you could bring your family and all your loved ones to Equestria with you? would that make it the better option, or would the heaven just be for something different, for something that you've always wanted? I could say that I wanted to go to heaven. But what i thought of heaven is all in the Equestria we know and hear about in the stories and show. What do you see? I'm curious ^.^ (don't answer if you dont want to.)

Very difficult decision...

If I chose Equestria, I would still be able to return to Heaven when I died there, and I would be able to go to Equestria through Heaven, because I'd have my own branch of Heaven (along with every individual), like somepony earlier said.

I suppose Heaven, so I don't have to suffer through death. Both are related to each other, for all I care.

Yes, as i said it could be for all we know branches of our own thoughts and wants. But that would probably all be an ethereal world built in your thoughts when you die. You could never know. But even the trip to Equestria could be a complete illusion of the mind, or a fraction of your wants to create a corner of your own heaven to enact the "life" in equestria, and a test to see if you really are deemed worthy of heaven. So again yes, they most likely are all connected in the same way but also in a different way.

But what if God said that you could bring your family and all your loved ones to Equestria with you? would that make it the better option, or would the heaven just be for something different, for something that you've always wanted? I could say that I wanted to go to heaven. But what i thought of heaven is all in the Equestria we know and hear about in the stories and show. What do you see? I'm curious ^.^ (don't answer if you dont want to.)

The Heaven I see is an equestria where I can be with all my family as well as my best friends. My personal heaven is a place where I can be with the ones I love and care for so that I may remember them and stay close to them rather then have them drift away from me forever. 

• Brohoof 2

The Heaven I see is an equestria where I can be with all my family as well as my best friends. My personal heaven is a place where I can be with the ones I love and care for so that I may remember them and stay close to them rather then have them drift away from me forever. 

So your saying, your heaven is an Equestria with all your family, and loved ones? ^.^ that in my opinion would be the perfect heaven. That is what most people don't see.

• Brohoof 3

Why should I choose? This is a moot point because Heaven and Equestria are obviously both the same thing. I mean... Duh. how could anyone think otherwise?

That's what I was thinking Equestria basically is heaven compared to Earth minus a few conflicts here and there. Needless to say for me i'd go to Equestria/Heavan.

• Brohoof 1

Equestria of course for there is no such thing as "heaven" or "hell". I'm sorry If I offended you it's just that my parents are super Catholic and I'm an Atheist. -.-

It always seems like the ones who come from families who are enforcing the strictest religious principles end up being atheists. Not an insult, just an observation.

I was raised in a church-going family, but once we moved away from our hometown (a strong source of peace and comfort, I might add) our Christian tendencies began to falter, and eventually, they left our family completely. We tried desperately to find a church that would create that same sense of peace and comfort we had always known from our hometown, but we never found one. So my mom got depressed, my Dad started drinking, my sister moved away, and I got to live in a broken home (at least until high school was over, which didn't take too long)

I continued to believe in God and Heaven, but only because I wanted to. Seeing my family fall apart before my eyes made me fear the prospect that there was no God or possibility of redemption. I am ashamed to admit that blind hope is the basis for my religious beliefs. It seems cowardly to me. But without these beliefs, I would be as depressed as my mother, and I don't want to be that way. It's an un-productive and useless state of mind.

• Brohoof 2

I'd choose Equestria, assuming that I would be re-admitted into heaven once I died, had I been a good pony. I like that Equestria has some negative stuff, because it's more interesting than living in a paradise where everything is perfect all the time. I would still want the paradise, but if I'm going to be there for eternity anyway, I'd rather live in Equestria first.

• Brohoof 1

It always seems like the ones who come from families who are enforcing the strictest religious principles end up being atheists. Not an insult, just an observation.

I was raised in a church-going family, but once we moved away from our hometown (a strong source of peace and comfort, I might add) our Christian tendencies began to falter, and eventually, they left our family completely. We tried desperately to find a church that would create that same sense of peace and comfort we had always known from our hometown, but we never found one. So my mom got depressed, my Dad started drinking, my sister moved away, and I got to live in a broken home (at least until high school was over, which didn't take too long)

I continued to believe in God and Heaven, but only because I wanted to. Seeing my family fall apart before my eyes made me fear the prospect that there was no God or possibility of redemption. I am ashamed to admit that blind hope is the basis for my religious beliefs. It seems cowardly to me. But without these beliefs, I would be as depressed as my mother, and I don't want to be that way. It's an un-productive and useless state of mind.

Loosing your beliefs is one thing people don't do easily. It usually takes a life changing occurence, or it is because what they believe is proved wrong. Hanging onto a belief through blind hope is not cowardly. It is something that you can hold onto and look to in cases of need. And i can safely say. Most of the christians I know do that too. So don't think that way. be proud of who you are and belive in.

• Brohoof 2

I still got my reservations on the supposed paradise that Equestria is portrayed to be, I must of missed something. I mean heaven kind of sounds like kind of a drag, but I'm not sure. Maybe, Equestria but only because heaven sounds rather monotonous from what I can gather.

Another note on the subject of Equestria as Heaven relative to a few recent posts.

The little imperfections of Equestria are what make it such a paradise to me. If I had to spend eternity in a mary-sue heaven I would lose my mind. Remember the Mormon heaven from South Park? That's what it would be like in my opinion (so no offense to any Mormons out there).

My view of heaven is an idealized Equestria (as in, no super-heavy stuff like Discord and Cutie Pox pandemics), but I'd like to continue to live with the little idiosyncracies of daily life. An absolutely perfect world would get old fast. Imperfections make the perfect paradise.

Edited by Lightning Dust
  • Brohoof 1

I've always thought the two were not mutually exclusive.  ^_^ All the Bible says Heaven is, is being with God. All other details are left (perhaps purposefully) vague. That being said, I choose Equestria. The scenario you propose is a restart on life, only with all the knowledge gained from my already lived life, as well as knowledge from the show. So much could be accomplished!  :lol: Plus that pretty much IS my personal Heaven. To live life eternal, in a world like our own, but with all pain and vice removed. While Equestria has it's share of bullies, thieves, and dick-heads (Looking at you Blueblood.  :angry:) It is still a very ideal place to live.

• Brohoof 1

Sure, Equestria would be great! Being a pony, meeting all the mane 6. It's great. But, you soon realize it's not all it's cracked up to be. I seems like you would have to live a perfect life, or have that Go directly to Hell. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200. Anyway, you'd have to make a living, and then, suffer hardships that come with mortallity. Also, there can be villains and Discords that can spring up, though it would be cool to watch the Mane 6 work their magic.

In Heaven, there are no hardships. Everything is perfect. You wouldn't have to wory about not killing or going right to hell, because there is none of that in Heaven. And, since Heaven is perfect, you could probably have the choice to temporarily become a pony and visit Equestria, without having to become mortal. And when you're done, you go right back to Heaven and live in Paradise with God forever.

Heaven > Equestria. That's my opinion.

EDIT: Some of you are saying that Heaven being perfect is too boring. That the imperfections in Equestia are what makes it good. That's saying you can be better than perfect? Last time I checked, perfect is perfect. God will make it not boring in Heaven, because it IS perfect. Don't get me wrong. I'd love Equestria. I'd take it over Earth. But not Heaven. I'm not trying to be mean with any of this. If I am sounding mean with this post, I'm sorry. I can be a strong Catholic.

Edited by RainbowTheNinja

I'd choose Equestria, but only for the sole sake of having another life. Maybe I'm just young, but infinite happiness isn't something I'm willing to have yet. Living can be adventurous.

That's a hard decision... Is Rarity in heaven? No? Then Equestria.

Well if I have the chance of going to heaven after my time in Equestria, I see it as a second chance and thats always a good thing. And what am I really going to do in Equestria that would send me to hell... Kill Spike to get closer to Rarity maybe...

I would go to Heaven. Being a pony would be utterly horrible for me as a pianist. Imagine playing Hungarian Rhapsodies with.. hooves.

If heaven is the perfect place to be, as the teachings of christianity imply I would go there. My very own Bösendorfer 290 and all the sheet music I could wish for. And eternal life wouldn't be bad either.

So, heaven

Hmmm. Heaven or to live a 2nd mortal life with a chance to lose heaven forever?

I would chose Heaven. I'm already there, I've already been saved...why would I put all of that at risk?

I may be a brony, but I'm not stupid. Once I set foot in paradise, I'm not leaving.

Heaven will be better than anything Equestria has to offer.