Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heaven vs. Equestria: Where would you go?

jackleapp81

Equestria to me would be like living in Heaven already. It's something I have always dreamed of. I would choose Equestria, and would make sure I am good the whole time so that when I die again, I will go to Heaven. :)

Well, in a lot of bronies' minds, Equestria is heaven.

Anyway, Considering I am not a Christian (Sorry folks), I would Choose Equestria. Unless you could control your entire life in Heaven. Then, I would just turn everything around me into Equestria!

I dunno, I'd feel silly if I was, hypothetically, actually in that universe. On the other hand, a lot of people have their own interpretation of heaven.

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 1

I would probably start arguing with the God  about being such a lousy creator and writer he is, until he'd just kick me out. But for the sake of topic, let's say God exists and I somewhat accept him.

Then.... Equestria, even if that meant I'll be the "trash pony" walking around Ponyville. How is that even a choice. Heaven is overrated and ends you as a person (you know, things like losing emotions kinda suck). Who wants to "praise the Lord in bliiss for eternity"?

I really have to say Heaven. I mean, let's think about this. What is the place we refer to as "Heaven?" From what I've learned, heaven is the utopia we go to when we die. We won't have a care in the world and life forever in happiness. Equestria is really just a parallel world to ours, just with ponies. There are still problems just as ours.

We know so little about Heaven, and know a bit too much about Equestria, so the decision is tough. How do you know that you'll have a good life in Equestria? Not everyone is a happy pony living in Ponyville. You could be living in poverty in Manehattan, or working on a rock farm. You could be killed by hydras, changelings, and all the other beasts of Equestria that are then times more lethal than the beasts of Earth. Equestria is not a perfect Utopia, not by a long shot. How do we know that Equestria has an afterlife?

The same can be said for heaven. We don't know what it looks like, or what it's like to live there. Who knows, it could be just like Earth. If you're religious, I guess you can guarantee God's promise that it's good.

I'm not gonna pick a side. Equestria is not paradise, on the contrary far from it, and we hardly know much at all about heaven.

When I die I'm gonna choose Valhalla.

• Brohoof 1

Hahahahaha! Like I would go to "Heaven". 

Well, it depends if you're talking about the "Heaven" that is generally accepted (the Christian one) or the Pastafarian "Heaven".

If it was Pastafarian, well, there's a beer volcano and a stripper factory. Not that I would go there, since a.), I don't even like alchohol and I'm currently underage, and b.), ew, but THERE'S A GODDAMN BEER VOLCANO GUYS.

If it's the Christian "Heaven" I'm escaping while I still can. And I'm already going to "Hell" according to you guys because I don't believe and I'm pansexual.

Esquestria would be fun, though, if I could be my OC. XD

Well I know I would choose Equestria without a second thought :3 If I had been living a good life before, I don't think having a second chance as a pony would change me that much. Besides, I'd appreciate such an honor too much to start acting evil. I don't like to disappoint people, or gods for that matter :P

Well depending on how my life in the future goes I would have to see. However the way it's been going I would jump at the chance to start all over in Equestria. Heck even if my life got better I would still probably choose Equestria!

I'm going to assume a few things:

A: I don't believe in an afterlife or anything, but for the sake of this, I will act as if there is one, and that I believe.

B: I was raised Mormon, so I will go with the Mormon concepts of Heaven and Hell.

And I choose Heaven. Mormonism gets pretty weird on subjects like this. See, Heaven is divided into 3 sections (Degrees of Glory). The lowest is where really bad people go, the highest is where really good believers go (the highest is further divided into 3 sub-degrees, but we don't know much about them. I think they have to do with how often you are in the presence of God or something), and everybody else goes in the middle degree. We don't know what it's really like there, but according to early prophets, even the lowest is so amazing that people would kill themselves to get there. The Mormon God is real bro :)

Anyway, in the highest Degree of Glory, you become "like a God". Basically, if you're really good in your Earth life and are Mormon, you eventually become a God and can create your own universe and whatnot. Also, it is believed that our God was once human and went through a similar process that we are going through now.

All in all, Mormons have some pretty interesting beliefs. It is the only Christian religion I know of that has specifically said there are aliens (there are other planets inhabited by humans, or at least beings extremely close to humans; not all of God's Children could fit on one planet, apparently :P). Or also the belief that God didn't create the universe out of nothing, but that all the matter and energy existed before hand, and he simply influenced physics to form it in certain ways, which is the reason why you almost never see Mormons bashing science; The Big Bang, Evolution, planet and star formation? Yeah, it all happened, but God made it happen the way it did :) Same with miracles; instead of saying "fuck you physics, it's Jesus time", Jesus said "hey, physics... you know that really cool shit that is technically possible but so improbable that it might as well never happen? Let's do that".

Again, I'm an atheist, but Mormonism is a very interesting religion.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I somewhat know what Equestria looks like (from the show), but don't know what Heaven looks like, so I cannot really choose. Equestria seems nice, but not as good as real life and Heaven is, well, supposed to be really good, but that means different things to different people. I'm pretty sure what I would consider "heaven" could also be used as hell for some people.

If I go to Heaven, will Josh Haber be there? :dash:

What about Equestria's Heaven? That place where Celestia and Luna ended up after Season 9? (the part Josh Haber wrote :derp:)

• 4 months later...
On 2021-10-09 at 10:44 PM, Midnight Danny said:

Equestria, starting a new life there and meeting the pony of my dream! :wub:

Sweetie Belle's sister! :kindness:

Equestria would be my personal heaven. Even though they also struggle with dangers and everything, it wouldn't bother me personally.