Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible Profile Link Dumps?

Wolfy

Not sure if this has already been discussed or not yet, but I couldn't find anything on it yet. Basically was wondering if there could be a profile edit option to post up links to your other various profiles from big universal sites, like Bandcamp, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I kinda like following any artists and such that I like, and having a way to link from pony.fm to other social places they're at would be totally awesome.

If this feature were to happen, it would need to be tightly controlled - ie. there would be a restricted set of sites that you could add profile links to.

Pony.fm is going to stand well on its own as a pony music hosting site, but it is part of a much larger plan to build out a multi-site "supercommunity" encompassing many aspects of the FiM fandom. To that end, there will be a number of "network profiles" that will be shown on your Pony.fm and MLP Forums profiles, as well as your profile on any future sites in the network.

The goal is to settle users into this supercommunity to the point where Pony.fm replaces their Bandcamp accounts, for example. I also do not want people to forgo uploading their music to Pony.fm when they can settle for placing a link to their YouTube account.

But I completely understand the need for many users to maintain a social media presence outside the pony fandom, too. I think I would, in fact, be open to adding some profile link spaces for specific websites that do not directly tread on the ground of any network sites. Facebook and Twitter in particular come to mind... and I actually think it would be possible to create some more meaningful integration with those two services than a mere link. Get a load of these:

Other than Bandcamp, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook, are there any other specific sites anyone would like to link to on their Pony.fm profile?

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it should probably be specific slot areas, much like how on the forum here, when we go to edit our profile, there's about 10 different slots for "contact information" that are all specified each. If there was something like that for any social media areas, that'd be really fantastic.

I totally understand the point of not really wanting to put things like soundcloud, box, and other upload sites though. Pony.fm is meant to be a new hub for artists' music, but like you said, there's a lot of artists here that probably do more than just pony music (like myself), and would love it if any people that are fans of my work here, could also check out my other music related stuff elsewhere if they wished.

So yeah, I can't really think of any other big places off the top of my head. I personally only use bandcamp, youtube, and facebook so *shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...

What about artists that have a website, such as myself?

Is there a way you can have Pony.fm simply pull this info from a user's MLP Forums profile and display it on their Pony.fm profile?

What about artists that have a website, such as myself?

Is there a way you can have Pony.fm simply pull this info from a user's MLP Forums profile and display it on their Pony.fm profile?

That can be done; I can pull virtually anything from MLP Forums into Pony.fm. However, what if artists want to have one website associated with their Pony.fm profile and another with their MLP Forums profile? Or is that just an unlikely scenario? :P

That can be done; I can pull virtually anything from MLP Forums into Pony.fm. However, what if artists want to have one website associated with their Pony.fm profile and another with their MLP Forums profile? Or is that just an unlikely scenario? :P
Eh, I could see that happening. Some people like to keep their work/hobby sites and personal sites separate.