Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Waveforms?

letterone

My friend suggested that Pony.fm have waveforms, like what you'd see on Soundcloud and whatnot. I'm not entirely sure if it would be possible or not, but personally I think it'd be cool. And apparently my friend does too. So yeah. Suggestions, ahoy!

• Brohoof 3

My friend suggested that Pony.fm have waveforms, like what you'd see on Soundcloud and whatnot. I'm not entirely sure if it would be possible or not, but personally I think it'd be cool. And apparently my friend does too. So yeah. Suggestions, ahoy!

Agreed. It's nice to be able to see where in the song you are skipping to if you are scrolling around in it.

Although, I don't think we need anything more fancy than that (I think an earlier post mentioned visualizers xD).

the Phony Brony

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Waveforms definitely look spiffier than the standard old "bar with a block in it" players you find everywhere else, and are more or less the best possible representation of an audio file in visual form. I think this is a feature I would be happy to look into implementing, although it will require writing a custom player.

Now, that's not impossible, but for a purely cosmetic feature, a custom player isn't really something I can do right now. I have found a number of PHP libraries for generating the waveforms, so it is mostly a matter of writing the custom player that will read in the waveform and use it as a background image.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...