Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Horror movies recently watched

Appleja©k

The most recent horror movie I watched must be Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

1984-silent-night-deadly-night-poster1.j

It is an excellent christmas-themed horror movie with a killer-santa.

Anyhow, I don't think we need this thread. We already got about 3 threads about horror movies in general and most members of this forum doesn't seem to have enough interest in horror movies to keep a thread like this active.

• Brohoof 2

Hm, I saw Silent Hill for the first time back in October. So much catching up to do!

I saw House at the End of the Street. It was a funny experience honestly. Towards the end when Jennifer Lawrence, who is very fun to look at ;) , is trying to escape, my friends and I were laughing in our theater seats because all of the unnecessary moaning. It was pretty bad by horror standards, but I liked it for the reasons described.

I recently watched The Strangers. It was alright. I'd give it a 7 in scariness. It's the one where the people with masks on haunt this couple. I'm pretty sure it was inspired by the Manson killings.

I'm hoping to see The Collector in a few days.

Cronos by Guillermo del Toro and in definition, It's a psychological thriller more than anything else. If you enjoy a good horror film, than this is it right here, but the subtitles might be a turn off for some.

Since I watch horror movies all the time...

Yesterday I watched The Amityville Horror (1979), The Burrowers (2008) and Hellraiser (1987)

The Amityville Horror and Hellraiser are great movies.

Oh and today I watched An American Werewolf In London (1981)

• 1 month later...

Well I knew only I were going to post in this thread but whatever.

Durning the last 3 days I have watched a few horror movies.

First it's a movie called "Hatchet" from 2006

hatchet_2006-poster.jpg

which is a movie about a very weird looking guy who loves in a swamp that kills a bunch of people who comes there by boat. It reminds me a lot of the movie "The Burning" which is from.. 1981 I believe. Though, Hatchet has scenes that's just ridiculous and it makes the whole movie just.. Not scary at all. There's way too much boobs in this movie, and it's supposed to be a slasher, though it feels more like a splatter. Anyhow, the killer - I can't remember his name, let's call him Bob - is so sexy. Just look at him

hatchet.jpg

I had seen this movie before and I think it's quite bad. It's just very fun to watch for some unexplainable reason.

On to the next movie which is Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

Halloween-3.jpg

This movie is suprisingly not about Michael Myers who we are used to see in pretty much all other Halloween movies. Halloween III: Season of the Witch is neither about witches. It is about some mysteries happening inside a toy factory that will give all kids at Halloween an unpleasant surprise. A doctor and a younger girl tries to stop them but has some problems dealing with a bunch of men in black costumes. The movie isn't really scary and neither does it have the same atmosphere as Halloween I or II, but I think this movie is very okay. It has some mysteries you get answers to towards the end too.

And this damn commercial... After watching this movie you will go nuts if you listen to this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJSaq00tlA

It's played about 1,000,000 times in this movie.

The third movie I saw was Hostel Part III

hostel-part-iii-2011-unrated-ws-r1-front

This movie is from 2011 and basically follows the same story as the other two Hostel movies. For you who doesn't know anything about what the Hostel movies are about, it's movies that are all about making the viewer disgusted. In the movie there is a group of people calling themselves "Elite Hunters" who kills people in a bunch of different ways with different tools. The first Hostel is good the second one sucks and now the third one isn't very good either. I'm not here to do a review so I'll try to make it short but since this movie takes place at a big house where there is some people watching while the people are being killed unlike in the other two where they are killed in some sory of underground place, this movie doesn't feel as dark as the other two. Now this movie had it's scenes but the Hostel movies promises a lot of gore every time and every time I get disappointed. Actually this movie had even less gore than Part I and II. Anyways, the movie was okay.

Oh and on to the last one I'm going to mention (I watched a few more than these this week since I watch horrors all the time but hey guys I am too lazy to talk about all of them)

The last horror film I recently watched was the movie "Pumpkinhead" from 1988

Pumpkinhead.jpg

Now this is an amazing movie. Everything with it makes it great. It always keeps you entertained and the whole movie keeps this dark mystic atmosphere that does a lot of job for this movie. It's hard to mention much about this movie without spoiling anything, but trust me you do not want to miss this movie! This movie is the perfect movie to watch at Halloween. It has everything. Mysteries, graveyards, a monster, a witch, fog.