Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would you take to the Grand Galloping Gala?

LyraHeartstrings

[clears throat] Hear ye, hear ye, Her Grand Royal Highness Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce The Grand Galloping Gala to be held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot! She cordially extends an invitation to you! plus one guest...

Basically, choose which pony you'd take to the gala. If it's one of the mane 6, explain why, using their reason. If it's another pony, make up a reason! Explain what you'd do with that pony, and what you would see!

and no whining your way into getting extra tickets! Sure you may hurt a pony's heart, but if you justify why you chose who you chose, they'll understand!

Posted Image

Edited by Lyra
  • Brohoof 1

Discord. For the lulz. Don't lie, you ponies would do that too to see the hilarity ensue.

Oh, and if Discord is still stone, then the Great and Powerful Trixie, because Trixie is just such an awesome pony, and would probably enjoy being at an upper class event.

Or maybe even Granny Smith, just to re-enact that one Spongebob scene.

• Brohoof 5

If I was a nicer person, Applejack. She wanted to help her sickly grandmother and make life easier for the Apple family. Her reasons were easily the least selfish.

Realistically though, Discord. He's a hell of a lot more exciting.

Edited by Bonzy
  • Brohoof 1

This might be cheating a bit, but I'm going to paste and slightly modify my answers to this same question from another forum I'm on.

Ahem. "I'd take Twilight herself. She's so eager and bright-eyed at the thought of getting to spend time with the Princess again how could you resist? And when she realises that Celestia is so busy hosting the event that she really can't spend time with any one pony, perhaps I could console Twilight at Pony Joe's afterwards.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Although I'd probably try to sneak Fluttershy into the gardens too. She doesn't need a ticket if she's not going into the Gala itself, right? Right?"

Also:

"I was considering choosing Rarity, though, since an event like this should mean a lot to her even without searching for "her prince." It would be the perfect opportunity for her to network and make some good contacts for her business, and she would get a nice taste of the high society she longs to be part of." However, I don't like the idea of taking Rarity just so she can try to pick up, so I'll stick with my original plan of taking Twilight. So I can pick up. Maybe.

Edited by TwilightSparkle

Pinkie Pie, cause who doesn't want to party with the the party pony. Plus, it would be way more funner partying the way she wanted if I'm there with her.

Edited by RaccoonBL

I'd take Berry Punch. It's a party so she's sure to get good and drunk and it'd be fun to sit back and watch her get into all kinds of trouble. Only problem is I'd probably have to carry her home but it'd be worth it for the lulz.

Vinyl. That way I wouldn't be the only person feeling like a fish out of water at such a stuffy, upper-crust event.

I'd take Berry Punch. It's a party so she's sure to get good and drunk and it'd be fun to sit back and watch her get into all kinds of trouble. Only problem is I'd probably have to carry her home but it'd be worth it for the lulz.

That's not a bad idea, actually. And it would fulfil Celestia's wish to spice up the Gala a bit, too, without quite so much destruction as the others caused.

Pinkie: no. she doesn't have a very good reason.

Rarity:no. knowing what we do now about blueblood, just seems like a bad idea...

Rainbow:no. she'll have many other chances to hang with the wonderbolts...

Applejack:probably. she has the best reason. fixing up her home, and her granny. (then again, her barn gets eaten in the swarm of the century)

Fluttershy:no. she wants to see birds. no.

Twilight:maybe. she'd probably get to talk to the princess another time, but it seems like this visit would mean a lot. she'd also get to see her hometown again...

I'd take Applejack. Her reason to go to the gala is the most selfless. She's not really going to party of to show off her stuff, she's just going so she can raise money to fix up her barn and fix Granny Smith's hip as well.

Like some others have said, I'd probably take Applejack mainly because her reason seems more thoughtful and less selfish.

If nopony had a reason to go and I just had to choose I would choose Fluttershy since she's the cutest. :3

As awful as I am and despite how much I'd love to take Discord just because there's no way that wouldn't be hilarious, I like Applejack and her motivations just enough for it to actually appeal to my emotions for once. Alternatively I'd just hold it over everyone's heads and be like "LOL GUESS WHO DOESN'T GET THIS TICKET" and go on my own.
  • Brohoof 1

I can't believe nobody else said this yet, but I'd take Luna. Sure she's Celestia's sister, but where was she at the Gala? She wasn't there! Seriously, you wanna talk about 'spicing up the gala' and giving folks something to talk about, then what's better than inviting the former Nightmare Moon herself? Not only that but Luna is so cute, and she could use a little public attention. ;)

While I really like Applejack she was the one with the invitation, so it would be a case of her taking me, then pretty much ignoring me unless I walked up and down in front of her trying to drum up trade (in which I'd probably be as successful as Applebloom was!)

If I had to go as the date of any of them I'd go with Twilight cos she'd be fun, and with the Princess spending all the time saying greetings ladies etc, Twilight even if she stood next to her all night would have a lot of time to chat, and appreciate me bringing her a drink.

So I decided to take on who I was not at all sure got an invite - you see Seafoam in both Applejack's and Twilight's imaginations during the "At the Gala" song, but you don't see her among the ponies doing the dance before they go into the palace. Its like Applejack and Twilight like her, and include her in their ideal fantasy, but she probably didn't get an invite. I didn't see her anywhere on the dancefloor during that episode. So, logically, I'd take somebody who wasn't already going, and she's be it :)

I can't believe nobody else said this yet, but I'd take Luna. Sure she's Celestia's sister, but where was she at the Gala? She wasn't there! Seriously, you wanna talk about 'spicing up the gala' and giving folks something to talk about, then what's better than inviting the former Nightmare Moon herself? Not only that but Luna is so cute, and she could use a little public attention. ;)

This is true, but I don't think she wouldn't have been invited, she would have only stayed away out of personal choice.

I would take Applejack because she is the least selfish. We could dance for a few hours then we could try to sell apples to the stubborn people of Canterlot. Which I am confused if people won't buy pies or fritters and such how does Pony Joe stay in business.