Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your IQ?

Nixter

This thread and the tests are extremely faulty. The average IQ is set to 100, and you can be above or under average. 95% of the population is between 70-130, yet on this thread the average seems to be around 140, yeah...

I heard someone, I can't remember who, put this in a good description. The average person interacting with a retarded (below 70) person, will quickly notice that this person is... retarded.

The same goes for a 130 (genius) looking at an average person. Also only 2-3% are 130+   meaning unless you feel that every person you meet is retarded, you are average.

Being 130+ is not always good, you will feel left out and different.

95% of the population is between 70-130

I'm above 70 at least so I'm not below average! xD

I may not have an IQ in the hundreds, but my grades at school aren't failing at all. I can't do the math parts on the IQ test mostly, but my grades in math classes are A's? Something is faulty about the whole thing.

I'm above 70 at least so I'm not below average! xD

I may not have an IQ in the hundreds, but my grades at school aren't failing at all. I can't do the math parts on the IQ test mostly, but my grades in math classes are A's? Something is faulty about the whole thing.

You said it, it's faulty  -_- . Anyways, math isn't even part of your IQ, maybe very specific parts of math.

A true test is purely symbols. Figuring out which symbol is next.

Don't worry tho, IQ is a very specific intelligence, and in no way crucial to success.

Actually being average is probably the best, as you can befriend everyone, not just those at your standards.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Realistically, I'd place my IQ around the 100 mark, roughly average.

Never have trusted those online IQ tests, always ended up scoring around 140 - 150 on those. :yeahno:

Beside, people who unironically brag about their supposedly high IQ, or claim to be an "Intellectual" really need to get a life. :laugh:

• 3 months later...

I've taken 3 test over the years and gotten a different result each time. I took two back in high school, got a 118 on one and somewhere in the 130's on the other. I got a 146 on this one. I highly doubt there's an accurate IQ test anywhere online, and this one is no exception. I'm probably only around 100 - 110 in reality.

Edited by Zephyr / Karou

I took a standardized, non-online IQ test back in the 90s and scored like... 137. I usually score between 160 and 170 with online ones. I prefer to use the standardized test number I got like 25 years ago.

During my college year my professor and I had conducted an research/experiment that involved with people's ways of thinking based on the different intelligent. And  I do not believe that an IQ test "can prove" your level of intelligent. Because it's one-sided and too general.  Sure it test the way you think by giving different kind of test but it's invalid. There's nine different kind intelligence that IQ test does not cover or cannot express. There're some people who are better at a specific intelligence than other. But all the same, does not mean one is dumber or smarter than the other

I think the norms should just end IQ standardize test.

• Brohoof 1