Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Autistic brony insult?

So during my adventures on xbox and pc multiplayer games, I have noticed that on more than one occasion, haters continuously call me an autistic brony. Of course, brony hating insults don't hurt me but I was confused as per why someone would insult another person with autism and why bronies are insulted to have autism.

So I'm asking you guys if you have ever been insulted similarly, heard of where the insult originated or if this is just a coincidence. 

• Brohoof 5

first off, no matter what you do, people will insult you online. Second, be smart and just mute them.

Otherwise, people act tough online because no one will be able to phyically harm them. Thus, the troll was born

It comes straight from the fiery hell of 4Chan. If you decide to stop by there (I wouldn't do it if I were you) you'll see that, "autistic, or autism" is their little word for saying you're utterly stupid. It's very offensive, but 4Channers are 4Channers. And they pretty much always automatically assume all Bronies are stupid.

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 14

"Autism" is a common insult used by scumbags on the internet. Usually aimed at people who enjoy things that are supposed to be "kiddy". Commonly used towards fans of Ponies, Sonic the Hedgehog, "childish" games, etc.

I guess people like that got tired of calling people "retarded".

As always, ignore them. Giving them what they want just gives them incentive to keep being humanoid pieces of fecal waste.

Edited by King K. Roop
  • Brohoof 5

So during my adventures on xbox and pc multiplayer games, I have noticed that on more than one occasion, haters continuously call me an autistic brony. Of course, brony hating insults don't hurt me but I was confused as per why someone would insult another person with autism and why bronies are insulted to have autism.

The autism part is trying to say that all bronys have something wrong with them which is just sad because theres nothing wrong with being a brony  

So I'm asking you guys if you have ever been insulted similarly, heard of where the insult originated or if this is just a coincidence. 

I have seen a ton of hater youtube comments saying, "bronies are autistic neckbeard fatass fags." 

I have no idea where they got autistic from. How the hell does watching a show give you a disability? 

I don't even-

Edited by Double D
  • Brohoof 5

I have seen a ton of hater youtube comments saying, "bronies are autistic neckbeard fatass fags." 

I have no idea where they got autistic from. How the hell does watching a show give you a disability? 

I don't even-

Autistic = Autism = mental problem. So most haters think bronies have a mental problem for liking a show that was geared towards little kids. I was a hater at one point, but i never went as far as calling someone out.. i just didnt watch it, on the grounds it was for little kids. But now i love MLP :P And i dare someone to say something rude to my face now >.>

• Brohoof 1

I don't even-

Well, the implication is that you have a mental disability and that's why you watch the show, not that the show gave you those amazing features and a disability.

Just ignore it or make some comeback if you have the mood, tho using disabilities like that is kinda over the edge, but then again, what would you expect from those people.

• Brohoof 1

Well, the implication is that you have a mental disability and that's why you watch the show, not that the show gave you those amazing features and a disability.

Just ignore it or make some comeback if you have the mood, tho using disabilities like that is kinda over the edge, but then again, what would you expect from those people.

Autistic = Autism = mental problem. So most haters think bronies have a mental problem for liking a show that was geared towards little kids. I was a hater at one point, but i never went as far as calling someone out.. i just didnt watch it, on the grounds it was for little kids. But now i love MLP :P And i dare someone to say something rude to my face now >.>

Oh ok. I thought it was something else lol.

I have been ignoring them for about a year and a half, I'm doing pretty good. :P

I don't let haters take meh down. :3

I misread the title as something as "autistic brony insults origins", and I had a bunch of angry rants in store and stuff...

Well, whatever the case, my answer is pretty much the same as the ones above have stated: I suppose it's like the new "gay" or something. They use it all around, yet the actual definition of the word is lacking.

I wonder what insults they'll use next... : p

• Brohoof 1

Just making this observation... autism isn't a mental disability or the same as being stupid, by the way. How do I know? Well, I have a form of autism myself, and I don't really like it when people tag me as "special needs" or having a disability. I'm the same as a neurotypical, just wired differently.

The thing to say if someone calls you an autistic brony is just, "Wow, how did you know? You must be psychic" and just pass it off.

• Brohoof 8

Sometime it's actually fun to "engage". It's not like it will achieve anything, but it's fun to stay calm and polite and watch them burn up and / or get very annoyed.

Even asking serious questions, such as why would they want to attack mentally disabled people or why they consider gay to be offensive word. You may get answers that will be a bit creepy, but hey, there's nothing like letting people make asses out of themselves.

• Brohoof 2

As someone who has a form of Autism and has met many people on the spectrum I can say that once you have met one person with Autism you have met one person with Autism. Of course you can lead an idiot to facts but you can't make him think but the Autism insult to me is even more pathetic than the gay insult and almost as pathetic as the pedophile insult, seriously though if that is the best they can do there really is no point in saying anything to them.

• Brohoof 5

I misread the title as something as "autistic brony insults origins", and I had a bunch of angry rants in store and stuff...

Oh god... That made me laugh way more than it should have.

Anyway... Like most people have said, it's just used as yet another insult that makes no sense.

I wonder, how the hell can you tell if someone is autistic by the show they watch?

As someone who has a form of Autism and has met many people on the spectrum I can say that once you have met one person with Autism you have met one person with Autism. Of course you can lead an idiot to facts but you can't make him think but the Autism insult to me is even more pathetic than the gay insult and almost as pathetic as the pedophile insult, seriously though if that is the best they can do there really is no point in saying anything to them.

The sad part is that when they say autist, they don't really mean autist, they mean mentally retarded and by that they mean stupid, which doesn't have anything to do with either one and they either have no idea, don't care or do it on purpose. It's actually kind of sad when you think about it.

Gee, I guess I shouldn't be overthinking why those people say what they say, because I prolly thought about it more just now than they ever did.

• Brohoof 2

The sad part is that when they say autist, they don't really mean autist, they mean mentally retarded and by that they mean stupid, which doesn't have anything to do with either one and they either have no idea, don't care or do it on purpose. It's actually kind of sad when you think about it.

Gee, I guess I shouldn't be overthinking why those people say what they say, because I prolly thought about it more just now than they ever did.

Yes you have people like that who know better who just say those things to troll but some of them really are ignorant enough to actually believe they are one in the same which is one of the most damaging stereotypes about Autism. The doctor that diagnosed me said I would never get an IQ past 50 and could turn into a vegetable at any time. Sure I had some very severe behavioral, language and sensory issues back then but because my parents did not give up and me and got me the help I needed I became a successful adult but in part because of stereotypes like that many people with Autism aren't getting the help they need.

I want to write a book about my experiences and become an activist not because I believe I am going to convince people that are that stupid but because someone needs to reach out to parents with Autistic children and individuals with Autism and who better than someone who has lived through it and I do not want to be a dairy clerk at a grocery store the rest of my life.

• Brohoof 3

It's origin is the same as every other insult the peons of the Internet like to throw at us. Trolls and Internet tough-guys who can't think of anything substantive to say, so they just sputter sentence fragments and/or misused words.

Comebacks aren't really worth the time nor effort. Don't feed the trolls, just move on.

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 3

The autism part is trying to say that all bronys have something wrong with them which is just sad because theres nothing wrong with being a brony  

You have a point, there's nothing wrong with being a brony, but the other part of your statement...

Does that mean there's something wrong with being autistic? (I know ya don't mean it, but still. Just pointing it out before someone gets butthurt over it and complains themselves.)

• Brohoof 2

I didn't even get an official diagnosis til a few years ago; back when I was a kid, people thought there was only one type of autism which was the extreme low functioning part of the spectrum. I was misdiagnosed first with schizophrenia, then with antisocial personality disorder. Both were wrong, and a few years back my fiance's mother, who works with autistic children, mentioned that there was a possibility that I had high functioning autism, or Aspergers. I went to a doctor who gave me the diagnosis; apparently, it's more common in boys than girls so I guess I'm one of a rarity. XD

I always want to reply to the insult of "autistic" with "neurotypical"; it'll warp their little minds cuz they won't know what it means.

• Brohoof 5

I didn't even get an official diagnosis til a few years ago; back when I was a kid, people thought there was only one type of autism which was the extreme low functioning part of the spectrum. I was misdiagnosed first with schizophrenia, then with antisocial personality disorder. Both were wrong, and a few years back my fiance's mother, who works with autistic children, mentioned that there was a possibility that I had high functioning autism, or Aspergers. I went to a doctor who gave me the diagnosis; apparently, it's more common in boys than girls so I guess I'm one of a rarity. XD

I always want to reply to the insult of "autistic" with "neurotypical"; it'll warp their little minds cuz they won't know what it means.

I'm not sure if it would warp their minds, because as I've said, when you use autism and mean it as an offense, then the chances you know what does it mean (or care) are bloody slim. They just repeat what the -Council of Elders- over at 4chan or Fox News says. I still can't decide which is the leading force there.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, that sort of thing happens far more frequently than people realize though these days it is getting diagnosed earlier and earlier which is a good thing. Though I haven't been a fan of the word "neurotypical" myself as I have found what is considered normal to be largely subjective I would still like to see their reactions to that.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is something I want to bring up in the community. It's my last post today actually, don't want to post too much. I have aspergers syndrome and I noticed that I love what every other aspie loves. I love Team Fortress 2, Sonic and even MLP FIS. I am not meaning to offend anyone in this forum. But I need to bring it up because it fascinates me. Because I know many bronies that do have autism. But why are we labeled with our hobbies in a negative way? Here's some example

" Oh you like TF2 and MLP what do you have autism or something."

So I am just saying why are the bronies labeled as people with aspegers?

• Brohoof 6

I too have Aspergers but I don't let what those idiots say bother me and nobody else whether they are on the spectrum or not should let it bother them. Trolls with come up with a reason any reason no matter how ridiculous something or someone that likes said thing that they hate, they thrive on attention in this case by taking a stereotype that albeit has a little element of truth to it while blowing it way out of proportion. Sure I have been rather obsessing about certain interests in the past in some cases too obsessive but I have it pretty under control now though I will admit ponies have become a bigger part of my thoughts than I ever imagined they would, not that I am saying that is a bad thing.

• Brohoof 1