Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just how popular is MLP these days anyway?

Agent505

Is MLP too popular?   

38 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the popularity of the show?

• The popularity is nice, it's good to attract new people
    • I suppose it's where it should be, it's not overbearing but it's not drowned under everything else on the web
    • Being as popular as it is, I feel it can only attract negative attention now
    • Even though i'm a brony, i'm sick of seeing ponies in every nook and cranny of the internet these days, it would be nice to just have our own place again
    • What the buck are you even talking about brah?

So basically here's the deal, I dont really "explore" the internet, I have my sites and I stick to them (YouTube, MLP Forums and Facebook, mainly) So I dont really "Keep up" with modern trends.

I was just wondering, how popular is this show now? And what do you think to that? 

It seems wherever I go I see ponies, literally everywhere. Being a brony of course this doesn't really bother me, but when I see ponies EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME... I dunno, I just get wound up when I see bronies arguing with haters - for the main reason that I actually agree with the haters on most points... main one being that we've taken over the internet...

Now im tired, and about to head to bed so I have no idea if the above makes sense or even requires a reply...yeah. 

Oh, and merry Christmas :)

Edited by SeriousNinjaBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I have to agree the whole pony thing is getting out of hand but hey this is the internet were talking about, Pictures of anything popular will show up anywhere. I think the shows popularity is fine as it is now. Its good enough to get alot of positive feedback and have a very good and active community but not too big to where the whole show is considered overrated.

• Brohoof 1

I can hoofing  in my RD fursuit around town and major malls were i live, and never once been hit with a negative comment. That seems to be a positive out look in Prince George BC Canada for fans alike

• Brohoof 1

First off there's far worse things in this world than seeing cartoon Ponies everywhere on the Internet. Also our fandom is massive and I think it's growing rapidly.

I wish my favorite show Futurama had a massive fanbase.

Seeing Ponies everywhere was what initially made me curious about this fandom and made me a Brony.

So I say spread it all the more. Within reason like crossovers fan fiction/art.

This isn't the first fandom to make crossovers.

Some places need to have their space from this Brony stuff I guess, so don't invade places it's not wanted. Sure Youtube kinda hates us, but that's for everyone, so they can just suck and deal with it.

I hated it at first seeing cartoon Ponies even in the most remote of places like sites. The sites I go mostly are Futurama Madhouse, Futurama Forum PEEL, and of course the not so remote place called Youtube (seeing lots of Pony videos.) and even unrelated google images I saw Ponies and just random pony art on deviantART.

But after awhile I decided to investigate what was all the hype about this show.... and I fell in love with it from the first episode I watched on the Internet and then proceeded to watch ten more episodes for the first day I became a Brony.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

Out of all the things out there that could take over the internet or could be influencing peoples lives, I'll take ponies anyday of the week. We are still extremely popular...in fact, I bought a Twilight and Pinkie Pie Plushie FROM WALMART of all places two days ago.

• Brohoof 3

Out of all the things out there that could take over the internet or could be influencing peoples lives, I'll take ponies anyday of the week. We are still extremely popular...in fact, I bought a Twilight and Pinkie Pie Plushie FROM WALMART of all places two days ago.

...Lucky. I tried to find a Fluttershy plushie at Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us and there wasn't a single plushie to be seen. Shame.

• Brohoof 1

...Lucky. I tried to find a Fluttershy plushie at Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us and there wasn't a single plushie to be seen. Shame.

I have never found one anywhere except Amazon. 11 inch tall Fluttershy for 46 dollars. I don't think they even make Rarity or Applejack. I haven;t found them anywhere. Just go to amazon.com and type in "Fluttershy Plush". Its beautiful.

• Brohoof 1

Ponies are....EVERYWHERE! THEY ARE LITERALLY EVERYWHERE! IF I LOOK UP ED EDD N EDDY I GET PONIES.

RAGE COMICS? PONIES!

4CHAN? PONIES!

I t doesn't bother me but when I look up something that has nothing to do with ponies....IT HAS PONIES SOMEWHERE.

Bronies are everywhere....

• Brohoof 2

Ponies have taken over the internet it many ways. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily, but I do feel that it is often taken a bit out of hand when they shove it in everyone's faces, ESPECIALLY CLOPPING MATERIAL, widespread clopping material is practically what creates our haters, but whatever. MLP needs a bit more boundaries depending on the context or content

Edited by weegeez

So now i'm more awake, I can clear up what I was trying to say ... *clears throat*

Ponies are....EVERYWHERE! THEY ARE LITERALLY EVERYWHERE! IF I LOOK UP ED EDD N EDDY I GET PONIES. RAGE COMICS? PONIES! 4CHAN? PONIES! I t doesn't bother me but when I look up something that has nothing to do with ponies....IT HAS PONIES SOMEWHERE.

*Ahem* This. 

This is pretty much what I was trying to say, I just couldn't think of the words. 

Ponies are pretty much everywhere, I can visit a site that has nothing to do with ponies at all, and it's a guarantee there are ponies somewhere on that site, either it will be a brony arguing or trying to spread the fandom, or it will just be outright pony pictures and things...

while I dont mind this, I do believe there are limits as to where ponies belong. It's only a matter of time before i'm on Brazzers and getting Twilight clopping across my screen i'm sure...

Overall though I see what people are saying, it's a good thing that they're popular at the minute, and I guess there are bigger things out there. 

Hm, I suppose maybe you just dont notice it unless you look.

In the UK, bronies are pretty rare. there's only three in my area, and that's me, my sister and a kid in the year below.

You can't get plushies or anything over here under £30, even the local store doesn't even stock them, I mean Argos has a really small range of the toys. But they aren't that local :c

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I don't really notice it.  Most of the people I know aren't bronies, so I don't get it outside of the internet, and within the internet I tend to only find ponies because I'm specifically looking for them (which is admittedly a lot...).  Granted I was introduced to ponies from a Final Fantasy forum, but that was a singular topic which has been dead for months now.

In the UK, bronies are pretty rare. there's only three in my area, and that's me, my sister and a kid in the year below.

You can't get plushies or anything over here under £30, even the local store doesn't even stock them, I mean Argos has a really small range of the toys. But they aren't that local :c

This is very true, the only brony I know is a friend of mine who's like the show since G1...

As for figures and stuff...nope, nothing. Not even posters. Although for christmas I did just get the first of what I hope to be many MLP figures...

I know exactly zero bronies in my city. Even if there are any they aren't gonna tell anybody unless they wanna get beaten up and exiled from civilization...

I know that feeling bro, it's sad really that people have to think like that in some places, being from Derbyshire area myself it's not really that bad. 

Or maybe it's just the fact I never leave my house, I dunno :P 

• Brohoof 1

Ponies have taken over the internet it many ways. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily, but I do feel that it is often taken a bit out of hand when they shove it in everyone's faces, ESPECIALLY CLOPPING MATERIAL, widespread clopping material is practically what creates our haters, but whatever. MLP needs a bit more boundaries depending on the context or content

I think there would be just as many haters even if there was no clop whatsoever most bronies polled identify as heterosexual yet "bronies are gay" is still one of the most widely used insults by haters followed by "bronies are pedophiles" which is even more blatantly untrue. Besides MLP is not the first fandom that has rule 34 and it will not be the last.

Yep there is no denying that ponies are everywhere, seriously but there are far far worse things that have gained a lot of exposure. Even before I joined the fandom I didn't mind it too much, I thought it was a little strange but kind of cute and fairly harmless.

Ponies are pretty much everywhere, I can visit a site that has nothing to do with ponies at all, and it's a guarantee there are ponies somewhere on that site, either it will be a brony arguing or trying to spread the fandom, or it will just be outright pony pictures and things...

while I dont mind this, I do believe there are limits as to where ponies belong. It's only a matter of time before i'm on Brazzers and getting Twilight clopping across my screen i'm sure...

Overall though I see what people are saying, it's a good thing that they're popular at the minute, and I guess there are bigger things out there. 

Hm, I suppose maybe you just dont notice it unless you look.

The bolded part there.

As an experiment, one should see if one can avoid:

* References to Elder Scrolls (i think "Arrow to the knee" is included there, but do correct me if i'm wrong).

* References to Portal (especially the ever-elusive cake).

* References to Star Wars.

* References to Star Trek (including "Red shirt".).

* References to Full Metal Alchemist.

* References to ...... that combined webcomic and -game that i somehow has forgotten the name on right now ...

... and so on.

Then, compare those to the actual pony-references you have seen in the same time.

It's not that big, definitely not everywhere if you aren't looking for it. It's good to remember that many sites base what you see on what you were looking for in the past, so for example if you watched MLP on YouTube a lot, there WILL suddenly be ponies everywhere. Google does something similar.

Either way, blaming other parts of the fandom for haters just makes you ignorant or a hypocrite. Grow up a bit and think about it a little.

Either way, blaming other parts of the fandom for haters just makes you ignorant or a hypocrite. Grow up a bit and think about it a little.

I hope that last part wasn't directed at me, I dont ever recall blaming any part of the fandom for haters...

If people dont like something that's their choice and no one elses, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I have never tried to dictate otherwise. 

I hope that last part wasn't directed at me, I dont ever recall blaming any part of the fandom for haters...

If people dont like something that's their choice and no one elses, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I have never tried to dictate otherwise. 

Indeed it wasn't. The first part kinda was tho.

Either way, the second was directed at somepony in particular, but it's not like only one person does that. Despite how it sounds it wasn't meant to be offensive, even tho it gets a bit tiring at times. One blames fanfiction. That's the reason why people hate us! Shame on them! Other goes after clop-art. That is clearly what's wrong with the fandom. And music, those cursed authors making infantile songs, that's why people attack bronies!

Let's not do that comrades, we all know it's not true, it's just being irritating for no reason at all.

I have never found one anywhere except Amazon. 11 inch tall Fluttershy for 46 dollars. I don't think they even make Rarity or Applejack. I haven;t found them anywhere. Just go to amazon.com and type in "Fluttershy Plush". Its beautiful.

Thanks for the advice, man. I think I'll get myself a plushie, you know, in the spirit of Christmas! :D

I just realized how ironic that statement is...

• Brohoof 1

The popularity is great, but I don't think it can become too popular. Yeah you got people that do nothing but show out the negative stuff from the show, but think of all the good it has done to others.

• Brohoof 1