Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just how popular is MLP these days anyway?

Agent505

Is MLP too popular?   

38 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the popularity of the show?

• The popularity is nice, it's good to attract new people
    • I suppose it's where it should be, it's not overbearing but it's not drowned under everything else on the web
    • Being as popular as it is, I feel it can only attract negative attention now
    • Even though i'm a brony, i'm sick of seeing ponies in every nook and cranny of the internet these days, it would be nice to just have our own place again
    • What the buck are you even talking about brah?

4chan has ponies

4chan is the internet 

therefore the internet is ponies

Horrible relation, but whatever. XD  We are immensely popular.  

I feel like we are popular, but we are continuing to grow.  I like the popularity of ponies.

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

MLP is good where it is now.We dont need to annoy the whole world.I remember last year when the only merch you can find was t-shirts,and a few other stuff.Now it's just MLP everything:Towels,earbuds,Bigger selection of t-shirts,necklaces,tissues,more buttons,wallets,ECT.

• Brohoof 1

people can say what they want but i think that MLP FIM is one of the best things in my life at the moment. All my friends agree i've been less of a jerk and more of a chill person. so in other words this show has changed my life.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I love ponies...It is All over the internet, And even other places (Places apart from the internet ? Pshaa) 

So...I do think that it is kinda out of hoof. In a way...I kinda found it fun being that weird guy who watches My Little Pony...But Now, Everyone watches it...Im not weird anymore  :(

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~
  • Brohoof 1

We're taking over the internet, from my perspective. Then again most of the time I spend on the internet is at sites that are MLP-related or naturally attract a lot of bronies. So maybe I might not have the most unbiased opinion. :P I stopped playing BO2 a few days ago and started playing Battlefield 3 again, and I found a few brony-run servers, and they are pretty much the only servers I play on (two of them are 500% TDM Noshahr Canals, which is pretty much what I already play anyway) when I'm online. It's cool to join servers and see people with MLP-themed gamertags.

As for real life, I know a handful of bronies in real life. Myself, my best friend, my lady friend, and a few people back at uni (one of whom *hooves crossed* I might room with next year). Overall, though, it seems Chicago isn't a very brony-heavy city, from what I've seen. *shrugs shoulders* The only other bronies I've encountered on the streets were a few of the clerks at Hot Topic.

As for how fast the fandom moves, I think it can be a little overwhelming (especially if you're a newer brony and are trying to catch up on the two-years of content that the fandoms already created). The only issue I have is that for someone like me whose trying to get involved in pony art, music, and writing, it can be a little intimidating being around all the talent. Plus with the way so many things are being churned out on a daily basis, I get scared that I'll inadvertantly copy something someone else did and accidently incite a shitstorm.

Overall though, I think we're in a good place. :)

You'd think the show would just stay on internet fame but to the point where people in real life whether it be your family or friends ask you what a brony is, thats when you know its getting quite popular and here's a funny little convo I had with my father once

Dad: "So, looking forward to seeing [insert movie here]?"

Me: "Yep, how's work?"

Dad: "Oh its fine...oh by the way...been at work these past few days"

Me: "of course it is work after all"

Dad: *Laughs* "Of course, but...do you know what a brony is?"

Me: *Laughs hysterically* "Someone at the Autohaus you work at told you about bronies?"

Dad: "Well one of my coworkers has a son who is one...I didn't know what he meant"

Me: "Remember when I watched the Powerpuff Girls? Imagine one of main people who helped with writing, art, and etc on that show went on to help Hasbro create a cartoon based on My Little Pony. It got so popular to the point where fans call themselves Bronies, both Bro and Pony mixed together

Dad: "....wow, thats...thats something alright" XD

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...