Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you draw with a tablet?

Wubsie

I just got a Wacom Bamboo Splash tablet and I want to ask you something.....how do you guys draw with tablets? I am so LOST! I can draw like it's nothing with paper and pencil but with the tablet I have no idea.

Tips? 

Halp.

• Brohoof 1

I just got a Wacom Bamboo Splash tablet and I want to ask you something.....how do you guys draw with tablets? I am so LOST! I can draw like it's nothing with paper and pencil but with the tablet I have no idea.

Tips? 

Halp.

When using the tablet for the first time it seems to be difficult. It's like art, you just need a bit of practice to be good at it. Some people have those nice expensive tablets too. My biggest tip is just get used to playing with it. Do some average pen strokes, and try to build some control.

• Brohoof 1

I'm trying to find out just how you do that for a year now. Everypony goes "It just takes a little practice" but I find it to be so impossible to not feel the pencil and paper. And watching screen instead of my hand. It's kinda like drawing blindfolded with prosthetic hand. If you are drawing with pencil for many years, getting used to tablet is like starting from zero again.

Or maybe that's just me.

Only practical hint I have is... Don't start in PS. There are programs that are much better for tablet. I had a great one, but then I lost it and can't remember the name. Grand.

• Brohoof 4

I draw with a tablet using a device known as a 'tablet pen'. This revolutionary piece of technology allows me to glide my cursor across my screen and draw without the need of a pencil or a mouse.

In other sorts, I just got a Bamboo splash too!

I'm currently using PaintTool SAI and it works flawlessly.

As stated by other people above, it will take some getting used to. Just take your time- Doodle every now and then to teach yourself how to draw on a tablet.

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently using PaintTool SAI and it works flawlessly.

SAI! Yes! That is the name I'm failing to remember for a year. Oh by Celestia, thank you.

That really is the best tool you can wish for if you are not extra-cool with tablet and/or go for manga style (including ponies).

• Brohoof 2