Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can someone please explain Dinky Doo?

Phoenix237

If Dinky and Amethyist Star are sisters, then what's to stop Derpy being the big sister? She couldn't compete in the Sisterhooves event cuz she couldn't get time off work; ie, her job as mailmare. Amethyist Star is the middle sister and Dinky the youngest. So it makes sense, to me anyway. :P

• Brohoof 2

Yeah... Berry Punch got attention in season one, and then everybody just stopped talking about her. I think she deserves a bit more attention.

There's tons of ponies that deserve attention, but silly Hasbro won't let us have those ideas. dry.png  Heck, I'm still wanting my idea of a Rarity episode.

• Brohoof 1

If Dinky and Amethyist Star are sisters, then what's to stop Derpy being the big sister? She couldn't compete in the Sisterhooves event cuz she couldn't get time off work; ie, her job as mailmare. Amethyist Star is the middle sister and Dinky the youngest. So it makes sense, to me anyway. :P

This!! This!! This is the perfect explanation!

There's tons of ponies that deserve attention, but silly Hasbro won't let us have those ideas. >_>  Heck, I'm still wanting my idea of a Rarity episode.

We need a good Rarity episode. I mean seriously. The past Rarity episodes are crap. Diamond Dogs? I hated them. SisterHoof Social? It was okay, but it could've been a lot better.
  • Brohoof 1

Diamond Dogs? I hated them. 

....That was part of the idea. sad.png

It was supposed to be about the Diamond Dogs wanting revenge on her for taking their gems, and to inflict amnesia onto her...

• Brohoof 1

....That was part of the idea. :(

It was supposed to be about the Diamond Dogs wanting revenge on her for taking their gems, and to inflict amnesia onto her...

Oh, sorry. I didn't know. I just found them really annoying... :/ But that Ida isn't bad at all :) I'm sure lots of people would like it.

Personally, I'd want a Rarity and Twilight episode.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know. I just found them really annoying... :/ But that Ida isn't bad at all smile.png I'm sure lots of people would like it.

Personally, I'd want a Rarity and Twilight episode.

It's all right, I know you do no harm. :) 

And part of it was actually Twilight going to help Rarity through her amnesia. Either that, or the Diamond Dogs somehow con Rarity into thinking that she is one of them.

• Brohoof 1

It's all right, I know you do no harm. :) 

And part of it was actually Twilight going to help Rarity through her amnesia. Either that, or the Diamond Dogs somehow con Rarity into thinking that she is one of them.

The conning thing would be pretty funny. But yeah, Twilight helping Rarity like that would be cool. Maybe she (Twilight) could end up writing magic to act as amnesia therapy :P
  • Brohoof 1

The conning thing would be pretty funny. But yeah, Twilight helping Rarity like that would be cool. Maybe she (Twilight) could end up writing magic to act as amnesia therapy tongue.png

That's actually a good idea. 

Man, to think I thought of this before Season 3, and we've made more progress on this idea than in the time span of that happening. :D The weird part was that it came up in a dream. blink.png

• Brohoof 1

That's actually a good idea. 

Man, to think I thought of this before Season 3, and we've made more progress on this idea than in the time span of that happening. :D The weird part was that it came up in a dream. :blink:

Yeah. It's pretty awesome :) And really? A dream? Man, dreams are impressive... I've never had any good ideas in a dream :/

But yeah. Before season three, we wouldn't have thought of Twi writing magic.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah. It's pretty awesome smile.png And really? A dream? Man, dreams are impressive... I've never had any good ideas in a dream :/

But yeah. Before season three, we wouldn't have thought of Twi writing magic.

Sadly, that was my first (and only, up to this date) dream that I've ever had about ponies in my life. 

Stupid Hasbro not taking fan ideas... They're so mean.  sad.png

• Brohoof 1

Sadly, that was my first (and only, up to this date) dream that I've ever had about ponies in my life. 

Stupid Hasbro not taking fan ideas... They're so mean.  :(

I've never had a pony dream xD

Hasbro will eventually take on a fan idea... They can't say no to the huge fandom forever. They're gonna have to do use one of our ideas sometime.

• Brohoof 1

I've never had a pony dream xD

Hasbro will eventually take on a fan idea... They can't say no to the huge fandom forever. They're gonna have to do use one of our ideas sometime.

Yeah, but there are some ideas that are extremely creative... and Hasbro just completely rewrites it to where it's not even original anymore. And then, bring out the claims that THEY'VE created the episode idea. The world is a tough one...

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, but there are some ideas that are extremely creative... and Hasbro just completely rewrites it to where it's not even original anymore. And then, bring out the claims that THEY'VE created the episode idea. The world is a tough one...

Yep :/ Were just gonna have to deal with it, too, at least until they decide their not gonna lie about who came up with the episode.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Never liked the idea of Derpy being Dinky's mother. Opens the door for a weird, kind of dark line of thinking (where's the father, Derpy had to have the foal at a young age if she is the same age as the Mane Six, etc.).

Come to think of it, there are more scenes of Dinky with Golden Harvest then with Derpy. In fact, have the two ever actually been seen together?

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

Yep :/ Were just gonna have to deal with it, too, at least until they decide their not gonna lie about who came up with the episode.

And at the most, that'll never happen with Hasbro. I think this is their version of the Internet where our opinions never matter.

• Brohoof 1

And at the most, that'll never happen with Hasbro. I think this is their version of the Internet where our opinions never matter.

Sadly yes, that's what it's looking like. It's very disappointing; shows like MLP could be so much better if they just listened to the fans.

• Brohoof 1

Sadly yes, that's what it's looking like. It's very disappointing; shows like MLP could be so much better if they just listened to the fans.

Hasbro should make it like some of the new reality shows do nowadays. They put up some sort of poll for a season finale, and whichever idea is chosen the most, gets the synopsis.

• Brohoof 1

We need a good Rarity episode. I mean seriously. The past Rarity episodes are crap.

You are objectively wrong.

Stupid Hasbro not taking fan ideas... They're so mean.  img-1457424-2-sad.png

It's not that Hasbro is shooting down fan ideas just to be mean, it's that the writers already have fully scripted episodes that they are confident in. The fact is that animated television takes a long time to make. DHX were finalizing the scripts for S3 all the way back in the middle of 2011. If they haven't included any fan ideas, it's because they literally have no time to be flexible with the writing.

Also, my memory may not be the best, but I've never heard of a case where the writers stole a fan's idea and then claimed it was their own.

MV5BMTA3NDQ5NDQ4OTJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDI1

This has never happened in real life.

• Brohoof 2

You are objectively wrong.

Objectively, yes, maybe to some. In my opinion, they were crap. Maybe not to you. Maybe you liked them. I was just statin' my opinion.

Hasbro should make it like some of the new reality shows do nowadays. They put up some sort of poll for a season finale, and whichever idea is chosen the most, gets the synopsis.

Yes! That, I feel, would make bronies happier with the way Hasbro has been creating the episodes.
  • Brohoof 1

I think Dinky Doo is probably Derpy and Dr.Whooves probably adopted a filly or they went back in time and they had a filly together. There are probably a lot of theories.

• Brohoof 1

img-1457554-2-MV5BMTA3NDQ5NDQ4OTJeQTJeQW

This has never happened in real life.

I kind think that it has already...

Objectively, yes, maybe to some. In my opinion, they were crap. Maybe not to you. Maybe you liked them. I was just statin' my opinion.

Yes! That, I feel, would make bronies happier with the way Hasbro has been creating the episodes.

It would at least bring up some more creativity within the fanbase for sure, animated or not.

• Brohoof 1

Dinky is not Derpy's sister because they where not in the sister hooves social together. DInky is Derpy's daughter because she was derping in the cutie pox episode.  Derpy was seen not as a foal in a flashback where twilight sparkle was a foal at the summer sun summer sun celebration, but she was still seen. This shows evidence that Derpy is somewhat old and that she could have gave birth to a daughter at some point. If derpy gave birth to a unicorn when she is a pegasus then we have to bring up this video of Mr. Cake explaining pony genetics.

(edited)

I think Dinky Doo is probably Derpy and Dr.Whooves probably adopted a filly or they went back in time and they had a filly together. There are probably a lot of theories.

OOOOOOOORRRRR in a Steven Moffat style twist, it's revealed that Amethyst Star is actually their daughter from the future and that Dinky is actually Derpy's mother.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2