Sign in to follow this  
Brosparkles

Changeling names?

I'm starting on a new fic, involving a male changeling, when I realized I have no idea how changeling naming works. The only name we know is Chrysalis, so should I go with an insect based naming theme?

Go for things that could mean duplicates or imitations.

Example - Dito, Doppel, Ganger, or Mimic. 

Try out different ways to write names like these.  You could also go for the number system, much like each Changeling may not even have a name, such as

How does Ersatz sound? It sounds like it could be a changeling's name, without being too predictable of a word to use as a name,

Drone-AD14379989 I think the grunts in the changeling army wouldn't have a name persay but more so a number. They are bugs really with pony looking appearences.

Hmmmm, a name for a changeling? Well we know that they are very insect like, live in a hive, and have a queen. That said, they should have special names. How about...George? Or Alfred?

I don't really know why this thread is suddenly getting posts again, but thanks for the help. The fic is already finished, if you're interested. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/72429/a-changeling-holiday (It's a short one, wrote it in a little over and hour, not counting naming.)

Did you end up going with Alfred or George for the name of the Changeling? *Checks the fic for the names George or Alfred*.

Why nottttt? :(

Did you end up going with Alfred or George for the name of the Changeling? *Checks the fic for the names George or Alfred*.

Why nottttt? :(

I would have, but this was written over a month ago, and I can't edit now. I can't change the story now, people already know Ersatz.

Currently writing an MLP Fic of my own with a new "Queen" being born to Chrysalis, through natural means besides an egg. The idea came to me after watching "A Canterlot Wedding" again. What if Chrysalis was impersonating Cadance longer than we are lead to believe and Shining Armor and Chrysalis/Cadance had... relations... to be gentle about it, and Chrysalis got pregnant. We don't know how long changeling gestation takes, so for all we know, she could easily have been pregnant up to and after the Season 6 Finale. Perhaps after being cast out of her castle, she gave birth to a new "Queen" changeling. I'm needing a name for her. Any ideas?