Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have discovered coffee.

Dautt

You haven't had a real coffee experience unless you get a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappucino. I could live on those. Unfortunately I can't have coffee anymore because of the medication I'm on. Decaf is alright but.. what's the point of decaf?! 

I've always loved the smell of coffee, ever since I was a little kid.  Starting at 11, I think, I began drinking coffee.  I dumped loads of cream and sugar into it to make it taste almost as good as it smelled.  Over the years, the taste became more acquired and I use a lot less cream and sugar now. 

If anypony wants to give me a present for Christmas or my birthday, a Starbucks gift card is always welcome.  :)

good for you coffee not that good to you health

tea is good green tea is far better

in my country we make ginger milk try it

all what you have to do is take 2 spoon of ginger boiled it thin mix it with same milk + sugar

great for cold

894422.gif

we have something els call ( Karak tea ) i have no idea how to be made but every one love it

321979855_6e111bb4a4_m.jpg

i think you need to boiled the water then add the milk and (powder tea)  then stop then boiled it again few times tell it become thick and brawn

• Brohoof 1

Coffee! Coffee! Raise your hooves for coffee!!

Coffee is delicious, I like all sorts of coffee except for the ones with too much milk. I don't really need it for that extra energy, I just drink it because I like it. The extra energy is a nice bonus though :D

• Brohoof 1

Yup coffee is the nectar of gods!!! <drools> So:

1. You can get rid of bitterness by adding more sugar

2. Coffee with lots of milk ( I don't use cream) will be lot milder

3. Most of the time I drink my coffee 50-50 coffee milk

4. If you make coffee to strong, like too many spoons of instant or real coffee, it starts to be more bitter, and more sour, so check if you didn't put too much. (Some day I made coffee so strong that I couldn't drink it, and I liked coffee back then. It was so awful! )

5. I won't agree that real coffee is always better than instant. Most of the time I like my instant better.

6. I never heard about coffee affecting someone's height... weird. Just about your blood pressure and heart and all that. Yeah coffee can have some pretty bad consequences when abused but when used properly is quite helpful and delicious :lol:

I like to organise my posts like that ^^

So everypony get some coffee, and drink up!

I think if your going to drink coffee and you want to sleep, thats not a great idea to drink it at night.

Personally if you wantedto start drinking coffee and its your first time. best to try it in stages

1. Hot chocolate - No coffee

2.Mocha - Coffee and Chocolate 

3 Cappuccino - Mostly Coffee with foam milk and Little bit of chocolate on top.

Alternatively

you can go to a coffee shop and ask for an Espresso which is just the Coffee itself or a  macchiato - This is Basically an Espresso with a small blob of milk,

There are as many varieties of coffee as there are tea. Don't give up on it until you've tried several. Brand differences aside, coffees are usually divided into one of three broad categories: light roast, medium roast, and dark roast, though there are many more you probably won't find in Walmart or an ordinary grocery store. Differences in roast type depend on how long the beans are roasted. The lighter the roast, the milder the coffee. The darker the roast, the more bitter, "burnt," and strong the coffee. Beyond dark roast is French roast, and Italian roast follows that, both of which are stronger than anything labeled "dark roast." I'm guessing whatever you tried was a darker roast. You may want to try a lighter roast, such as something labeled "breakfast blend." Work your way up from there to determine what suits you best, adding cream and sugar as you please; I drink my coffee straight unless I'm adding some Irish Cream (the hard liquor variety). Note that there's an appreciable difference between coffee brewed from prepackaged grounds and grinding whole beans yourself at home.

Try Eight O'Clock Original coffee. Everyone I know likes it, myself included. It's a medium roast that seems to satisfy most coffee drinkers and can be made stronger or weaker by simply adjusting the coffee to water ratio. I'm going to blather from here on about some coffee lore and my personal experiences with it for anybody who would like a little more information, but you can stop here.

There's a big difference between arabica and robusta. Packaging should specify which type you're getting. Coffee produced from robusta beans tends to be stronger and taste more bitter, but has an earthen quality to it that arabica lacks. For that reason arabica is most people's preference, but I prefer robusta. You're also looking at almost double the caffeine in a cup of robusta coffee.

Speaking of caffeine, there's a noticeable difference in taste between caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee. Personally, I don't mind decaf, but a lot of people are really turned off by it. To me it seems less bitter. Maxwell House makes a "half-caf" variety that's looking to make a compromise between flavor and caffeine content. One of the benefits of going with decaf besides the possible health concerns surrounding caffeine and the energy boost it provides, is it doesn't give that feeling of dehydration. Drink enough caffeinated coffee and you could start to feel thirstier with a sensation of cotton in your mouth, at least if you're unaccustomed to the caffeine. Regular soda drinkers probably wouldn't have that issue.

Instant coffee is a function of all of the above and the process used to make it instant. Instant coffee is made by drying already brewed coffee beans. Though convenient, many think it results in a much lower quality coffee in exchange for the convenience. It honestly depends on the brand and the drying method they use. Without going into all the details, I'll just tell you about three of the most recognized brands. Maxwell House has their own variety which tastes to me like a weaker version of the real deal. One might think to change the coffee to water ratio to solve this problem, but I find that it doesn't help other than give it more of that "instant flavor" rather than simply making it stronger. Sanka is a decaffeinated instant coffee with a unique flavor of its own; I don't know how to describe it, but it's a love it or hate it thing.

Finally, if you want some instant coffee that tastes more like the genuine article, go for a box of Taster's Choice single-serving packets. I can get a box of six packets for $1.35 at the grocery store and it's as good as the real thing.

I tried coffee before, all different kinds, and I really don't like it. It smells great, but it really just tastes like a warm soft drink IMO. Ack! Though there are times I wished I did like it, it would of made some mornings go a little bit better. 

I have discovered putting coffee in hot chocolate! it didn't turn out so well but it did keep it hotter for longer! After I retried it, I just added creamer and it was AMAZING! Peppermint hot chocolate coffee energy giving drink of madness was all I drank that day.

Edited by XrosOver

I guess I am quite the opposite. I love my coffee just plain black and if I ever put any sugar in it. I usually only put about half of on spoon in it. But I am not picky when it comes to drinks!

I hate anything "diet" though... YUCK 

Caffine doesn't seem to work right on me... It doesn't keep me awake any better, or make me feel less tired after I wake up, but I do get twitchy and irritable.

Or that might be the sugar since I drink Energy drinks and soda rather than coffee or tea. They both taste awful to me.

I stick with Picard's choice instead of Janeway's. I couldn't live without Tea. Its like the best drink to have when your just sort of bored, or sick. I have about 4 cups a day. Earl Grey's a favourite.

I'm sure eventually i'll like coffee though. It'll just take some time.

Edited by StarVision

• 1 year later...

Ah welcome to the world of loving coffee... it tastes like crap, it burns you're mouth, and it keeps you up for a few more hours... then you crash. Coffee is a wonderful thing! just don't drink to much... may get hocked on the stuff 

@@Neon Fire,

you gotta be kidding right? come her in Italy i'll ***king show you what is REAL coffee! not that american bulls*** you drink at Starbucks and company! and i DARE you to add milk, sugar or stuff on it!! :P YOU HAVE TO DRINK IT HOT AND WITHOUT ANYTHING! you have to smeel it, to capture the essence, the aroma and the fragrance, in the point of your toungue you willl just hear the side spectrum of it, you will recognazie a real 100% arabian mix from it, if you feel nothing, it is not 100% arabian mix, then on the bottom of the tongue you will hear, yeah HEAR everything else, the real essence of it, the real taste! because.. coffee isn't a beverage.. it is a simpony, a classical music composition down your troath, it cheer you up, it leave a nice taste in your mouth and makes everything brighter! so, warm welcome to Italy! next time we will talk about how to make a good Pasta plate! stay tuned!

• Brohoof 1

@@Neon Fire,

you gotta be kidding right? come her in Italy i'll ***king show you what is REAL coffee! not that american bulls*** you drink at Starbucks and company! and i DARE you to add milk, sugar or stuff on it!! :P YOU HAVE TO DRINK IT HOT AND WITHOUT ANYTHING! you have to smeel it, to capture the essence, the aroma and the fragrance, in the point of your toungue you willl just hear the side spectrum of it, you will recognazie a real 100% arabian mix from it, if you feel nothing, it is not 100% arabian mix, then on the bottom of the tongue you will hear, yeah HEAR everything else, the real essence of it, the real taste! because.. coffee isn't a beverage.. it is a simpony, a classical music composition down your troath, it cheer you up, it leave a nice taste in your mouth and makes everything brighter! so, warm welcome to Italy! next time we will talk about how to make a good Pasta plate! stay tuned!

I can only imagine it'd be much better in Italy. XD  They pretty much have better food and everything! :P

• Brohoof 1

@@Neon Fire,

everything not, but without fake modesty.. i tried food almost in every part of the world.. nothing made me smiler than returning home in front of a tomato pasta plate XD yeah my country suck, italians sucks but for the food you are in the right place

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie_Pie_and_Coffee.png

Coffee is more of an acquired taste, kind of like beer or sushi. But once you're on board, you're here to stay. Trust me. Coffee fuels America, broseph.

I don't always drink coffee, but when I do, I add a TON of sweetener to it. Sometimes the coffee is just too bland and I HAVE to add the sweetener and sugar to it.

Edited by Judgement