Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A study in humanity (Human in Equestria story)

Harmonic Revelations

A Study in Humanity Part: 1

Life had never been simple, but who would have imagined it could get any stranger? You were just sitting around in your shabby apartment minding your own business like usual. When you remembered today was Saturday, so you flicked on the TV and decided you'd watch MLP, you've always loved that show. You enjoyed the quirkiness of the episodes and the colorful ponies. You could relate to them in a lot of ways. Sometimes you'd wish that Equestria was real, you always thought that other people were rude and evil and corrupted inside, and for the most part, ponies were not. Right now you were in danger of losing your apartment, all you had was government support since your old job's place of business closed down and you got laid off. 

You sat on your couch, and turned on your laptop. You were going to check your E-mail, you were expecting an important message relating to a job application you had filed. You had a pretty good education and lots of community service on your record but it still seemed a job was just one thing you could not get back. You sighed, and opened your web browser, so you could go and check it out. When you opened the page, it said you had a new E-Mail. To your surprise it was titled "Want to turn your life around". You shrugged, and assumed it was just spam. But it was strangely formatted, for one, the sender was blank, it appeared to come from nowhere, and it appeared you had received it just as you opened the page. You decided to open it.

Upon opening it, you were greeted by plain text, to your amusement, it was about My Little Pony, your favorite show. It was a strange coincidence that the sender of this E-mail knew you liked the show. But you looked in astonishment. The Email-said the following:

Hello, I am sending this in regards to your wish.

I have been informed that you have wished that Equestria could be real, that you could drown away the sorrows of your everyday life. I am not at all surprised someone would wish for that. But what if I told you, I could make your wish come true. This is going to sound quite far-fetched. But why not try it. I promise, this is worth the read.

You see, I am, well, my occupation is not really important, you can just call me Suprememessage. I am, to the average person, just

another user of the internet, nothing more, but in reality, I am a being capable of things your brain cannot physically imagine. Now I must warn you, if you go through with this, some it might come as a shock. But I promise you that if you truly wish for this, then it is the thing to do.

I can transport you to Equestria. Now, you probably don't believe me. That's understandable, but why not quell your disbelief and click the link below? After all, it couldn't hurt. 

From your dear friend

-Suprememessage

Foryoumydearfriend.trans

You looked at this E-mail very confused, who is this guy? And why would he send you something like this? Your first thought,being the techsavvy guy you were, was that this link was to a virus, but you looked at it closely, and noticed that it wasn't anything you recognised, it wasn't .com, or .net. or .org, or .uk or .us or anything. What harm could it do, you chimed to yourself whimsically, and you clicked on the link. Suddenly you felt like your head was nonexistant, like it had no weight at all. You were met by the cold floor with haste. And before you knew it, you were unconscious.

You awoke with a jolt upwards. You looked around you, and the first thing you noticed was the technicolor landscape. You recognised this place, yet it remained alien in essence, it was like you have known this place for years but it felt new. You looked at your hands, you were normal, unharmed. And you thought that there were a few distinct possibilities:

1.) You're dead

2.) It worked

3.) You're dreaming

The second one was very, very, VERY unlikely and you would immediately rule it out, had you not been in the position you were. You stood up, and looked around, by memory, you could say it was the Everfree Forest. You were feeling happy, and excited, and confused. This is against logic, but you were so overwhelmed with bliss that frankly you didn't care whether you were actually here or not. You kind of caused a bit of a ruckus, actually.  You looked around, and decided the best course of action would be to find your way towards Ponyville, if you remember the layout of the landscape correctly. All you still had with you were your clothes and the tools in your pocket, which included a cellphone, a switch blade, and some assorted candies.

Suddenly, a pony appeared, compared to you, the pony was about up to your neck. You recognised this yellow form, it was Fluttershy. She didn't notice you, and appeared to be picking berries, you panicked, and hid behind a tree. She walked by, and didn't seem to notice you, you slowly tried to sneak towards the bushes, but luck betrayed you when you stepped on a branch, causing a crackle noise that immediately startled Fluttershy, so she turned around. She looked at you, petrified.

Fluttershy started to talk, the dialogue went like this

"What...what are you"? Fluttershy asked

"I'm...I'm human". You retorted quickly without emotion

"You...can talk!?" She squeeled.

Yes, I can talk, you replied to Fluttershy. She suddenly stepped back, when a shy look crossed her face. But she seemed intrigued by you, as she had apparantly never seen a human before. Fluttershy asked you where you lived, to which you replied, that you don't have a home. She looked down and blushed, and asked if you would like to come back to her cottage with her, as it was supposed to be very cold that night, and it was getting late.

"I'll come if it's okay with you" you replied.

To which she nodded and walked to the West, you followed her. Eventually you came upon Fluttershy's cottage and you walked across the bridge. You tried to get her to lighten up to you with small talk, but before you could say one word she started for you. "So, where did you come from,  I mean, if you want to answer" and you thought about the answer you would try to give. "Well, I'm not from around here, I live in a town that's nowhere near here, honestly". "So you do have towns? That means there's more of you?" she smiled briskly. Under her breath she whispered "He's so cute", it was quiet enough that you did not hear it.

She opened the door and you both walked in, Angel and the other animals were sleeping, the cottage smelled faintly of vanilla and was very well kept. You closed the door gently, and Fluttershy motion for you to follow her up a flight of stairs, and you walked into a bedroom. She closed the door and said "You can sleep in here, with me, if you're okay with that, or if you..want...I could sleep out on the couch downstairs" she said in a kind of loud whisper, so to speak. "I can sleep in here with you" you replied. She pulled down the covers and you both got into the bed together, and she said "Goodnight" to which you responded the same. Before you knew it, you were asleep.

Part 2: Round round get around, you get around

The next day you woke up, and found that on a bedside table next to you, there was some breakfast, it looked odd, but then you noticed they appeared to be native berries. You saw Fluttershy standing next to tbe bed, and she softly asked "Are you awake", you said "yes". 

You sat up, and she looked much less shy towards you than she was last night. "Good morning" she said. With a smile that showed she really meant it when she said good morning. "You too" you replied. You sat up, and looked out the windows, it appeared to be  around mid-morning. You got up and ate the berries she had brought to you. "I wasn't sure what types of things that 'humans' like to eat". She said. "This will do nicely, really, it will". You showed her a smile and she blushed a beatiful shade of pink.

You went down stairs and the animals noticed you, Angel looked angry towards you at first but when he saw that Fluttershy was smiling  at you his anger was replaced with more of a "good for you to finally get a new friend" type of smile. He went up to you and extended his arm, presumably to shake your hand, so you did shake his hand. You asked Fluttershy which direction Ponyville was in and she pointed it out. She went outside with you and said you should come with her to meet her friends. You agreed to the suggestion, and the two of you went off. You went into town, and it looked just like in the show. You walked with Fluttershy, as she explained things to you like how the economy and government in Equestria worked, and minor things like proper etiquette in addressing royalty and the like. So you went to

what you knew to be Twilight's library. Even though you were pretty sure of the layout you let Fluttershy show you anyways.

You and Fluttershy walked up to the door with Fluttershy and she knocked on it. Twilight's voice came from the other side "Come in". Fluttershy opened the door and you both walked in, you treaded on light feet, as not to make a show of you coming here. Twilight noticed you and then looked at Fluttershy and asked "What is that? I've never seen or even read about anything like it!". "I'm a human" you reply. "You can talk!? So that means you're intelligent, and we can share our knowledge, I'm Twilight Sparkle, it's very nice to meet you...uh..." "Sir, I am a male". "It's nice to meet you sir, she extended her hoof for you to shake, and you did. Twilight looked excited, and Fluttershy was confused as to Twilight's burst of excitement. "Uh Twilight, umm, you're acting strange" said Fluttershy. "WelL I've never met an intelligent creature without hooves until now, you know what this means? A BREAKTHROUGH!! I'm so excited to write to the princess, do you understand the magnitude of this!?" Twilight said quite loudly.

"I do" you said. "I'm sure your princess will be glad to catalogue a new species of intelligent creatures, however, sadly, I believe I am the last of my kind in Equestria, or any other Empire for that matter". "What do you mean?" Twilight asked. You decided since she is the pony with the brains, you should explain to her, but you decided not to explain everything. "Well, I think I'm from another dimension,  you see, in my dimension us humans have a mighty bunch of  Empires and other groups. Somehow I think I opened a portal to this dimension, it must have already closed, because when I woke up I was in the Everfree Forest." You explained, crossing your fingers hoping Twilight would believe you. "I see, this is interesting, do you know a way to recreate the portal? What are other humans like!?" she said, with a twinkle in her eyes that you could tell she was fixated on finding out everything she could no matter how intense the truth was. "Well, not exactly, most humans aren't very good. And as for the portal, it was created by accident, as I was unconscious when it happened. "Well I'm Twilight, I have a baby dragon named Spike, and I live here in this library". Twilight exclaims. You nod. And say "I just got here, you and Fluttershy are the only ponies I've met so far." You saw.

"This is interesting, would you like to meet the rest of my friends?" Twilight said in an almost shouting voice, she didn't realise how loud she was being. "What? Twilight? What is it..is everything alright" You saw Spike motion towards the stairs from above. He had to stop for a moment to catch his balance. "Yes Spike, and I've just made a breakthrough, I've discovered another race of intelligent life, FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION!" She squeed. "Twilight, you need to lay off the hard cide-" and then he saw you. "Hello" you say to Spike. His jaw drops wide open. "Well, hello...sir!" he says, saluting, probably out of fear. "I won't hurt you." you reply. "Oh, phew" he lets down his formal posture to formally introduce himself. "I'm Spike, the dragon, I'm Twilight's number one assistant". He says, smiling. "Well I'm..well..that's odd, I just realised, that since I blacked out and ended up here...I can't remember my name...I wonder what happened". "Well that's okay, I've blacked out a few times and lost my memory too, I'm sure it'll come back" Spike replies. "Yeah, we're sure too" Twilight and Fluttershy both say at the same time. Spike goes back upstairs,  presumably to go back to sleep.

You, Twilight, and Fluttershy walk out of the library, and walk around Ponyville, you walk by Sugar Cube Corner. "Pinkie Pie, another friend of ours, works, and lives here" Twilight says matter-of-factly. "Common, let's go introduce you to her..I mean..if you want to" Fluttershy says. "Alright then" you say, and all three of you walk in. You see ponies there who initially look fearful, including Mr. and Mrs. Cake. "It's okay" Twilight says. "He won't hurt you, AND he's intelligent,like us" she said. "That's right, I mean no harm" you add. They still look shocked but they let down their guard and go back to what they were doing before you walked in. You see Twilight walk up to Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Mostly what you can hear of the conversation is muffled and incomplete. You and Fluttershy are approached by a pony with a color in a range from teal to cyan of color. "That was AWESOME" Rainbow Dash says. "What's your name, and what are you? "I'm a human, and I ended up blacking out and that's how I got here, I can't remember my name". You say, Fluttershy nods to verify this. "Well, I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in Cloudsdale. You were about to continue the

conversation when Pinkie Pie hops up to you.

"This, IS, SO, EXCITING!" She yells. "And you know what this means? A party!?". "I'd be flattered" you say, with a smile crossing your lips. "Okie Dokie Lokie" she says, as she hops off. You think to yourself "Well, that went well". And you let a sigh of relief off. Once Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, and Fluttershy are by your side. You all decide to go and get you acquainted with Rarity. So you head off to the botique.

To be continued.....

Author's Notes:

I'd like to address a few things about this story, particularly that I'm going to be releasing it in parts (Don't worry they'll all be released as edits to this OP so if you like it just subscribe to the thread and you won't miss anything). So yeah, I make a cameo in this. When first writing this I was originally going to imply you were whatever gender you actually are, so you wouldn't hear words like guy or he or him or she, her, or girl in relation to yourself. I scrapped this idea because I went with that idea when first writing this and it sounded awfully strange and was not an enjoyable read.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations