Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's your favorite movie? How about least favorite?

Hollow Wind

Oh goodness this is a hard question to answer

But I think I know for sure that my favorite anime movie is Akira

As for my favorite movie in general....well

I might as well just list off all of the movies that I really liked:

Akira

Donnie Darko

The Ring

Nausicaa: Of The Valley Of The Wind

The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Dark Crystal

Pulp Fiction

Django: Unchained

Princess Mononoke

Pan's Labyrinth

Shutter Island

There still is more movies out there that I wanna see

So maybe this list will extend out further

your list.... it bring tears of happiness to my eyes :') 

Akira was one of the most well done animated movies of all time.

Pulp fiction is a classic that i think everypony should see.

Frank from Donnie Darko is the most horrifying thing i have ever seen.

all i can say is that you have an amazing tastes in movies!  

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I guess my favorite movie is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. The composer was great, and thus, so was the music. I like how this movie tells the story from the point of view of a horse, but doesn't actually have them speak. The movie isn't quite about animals, it's about the story. There are parts where there is no talking at all... and you just feel the scene through the music and action. And yet it's a kids movie.

Yes, the horse Spirit narrates the whole thing, but the only people who talk are humans. Heck, Rain doesn't even get a voice! Giving voices to the other horses wasn't important. Everybody can clearly see what is happening on screen without someone saying something the entire time. We interpret what the horse(s) might be saying through their body language and the use of background music.

It's just a cool story. Plus, horses. I have a thing for horses. Ever since I was a little girl, I have liked horses. I guess I never grew out of that. So, seeing a cartoon movie where I'm not spoon fed a dull story is... kind of refreshing. So, animation is amazing, music is amazing, story is amazing (and unique), and movie is amazing.

I guess my favorite movie is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. The composer was great, and thus, so was the music. I like how this movie tells the story from the point of view of a horse, but doesn't actually have them speak. The movie isn't quite about animals, it's about the story. There are parts where there is no talking at all... and you just feel the scene through the music and action. And yet it's a kids movie.

Yes, the horse Spirit narrates the whole thing, but the only people who talk are humans. Heck, Rain doesn't even get a voice! Giving voices to the other horses wasn't important. Everybody can clearly see what is happening on screen without someone saying something the entire time. We interpret what the horse(s) might be saying through their body language and the use of background music.

It's just a cool story. Plus, horses. I have a thing for horses. Ever since I was a little girl, I have liked horses. I guess I never grew out of that. So, seeing a cartoon movie where I'm not spoon fed a dull story is... kind of refreshing. So, animation is amazing, music is amazing, story is amazing (and unique), and movie is amazing.

For my least favorite, as in not a favorite at all, I think I'm going to say Elf Bowling. I have siblings, my mom rented it, and I caught a large portion of the movie. Although Gnomeo and Juliet was pretty terrible as well.

My favorite movie for so many reasons it would be a ponderous task to list them all out.

2001%252BA%252BSpace%252BOdyssey%252BSta

My least favorite movie for just as many reason.

GRINDHOUSE.jpg

Seriously, what a godawful mess.

Wreck-It Ralph is an awesome movie and is in my top five at least, not sure if it's 1st. Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows (parts 1 & 2) were great too, perfect end to a magical saga and I've spent years being obsessed with the Potter series so, it's either the Deathly Hallows or Wreck-It Ralph.

• 3 weeks later...

Hay everypony! I just finished watching the final "Saw" movie and realized, it's my favorite movie series, it has a great amount of gore and such, but the traps are amazing looking,and original and different, they really put a lot of thought into everything, and there are so many mind bucks and it's just... amazing I love things that use logic and make you think. XD Anyways, what's your favorite movie/ movie franchise and why?

For movies, I love the movie Edward Scissorhands. When I first watched it, I didn't have high hopes for it. But it surprised me. I am surprised by how much I loved it. It was so sad a and the Snow Dance scene was beautiful. And Johnny Depp did an amazing job acting the role of Edward Scissorhands. And I love the soundtrack Danny Elfman did for this movie.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

my favorite movie would probably have to be saving private Ryan mainly because  it had all of the time dedicated to making it and the attention to detail it also was a movie that basically was the top on the charts for its era.

Tough question. I like comedies mostly, more specifically movies with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg, even more specifically Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. I also like clever movies that can be confusing or ones that require the viewer to think. Bonus points if the movie has an ambigious ending that makes you think. So I like movies like Inception as well.

Favorites:

The Three Stooges (originals and 2012)

Abbott and Costello

Beetlejuice

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

The Flintstones (John Goodman Version)

Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows

The Addams Family (1991)

Lady and the Tramp

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Most Movies starring The Muppets

Superman (1978)

Batman (1989)

Batman Begins

Dark Knight

Dark Knight Rises

The Odd Couple

The Great Race

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Doctor Dolittle (1967)

Popeye (1980) 

Pink Panther (Original, A Shot in the Dark, Inspector Clouseau, Return of the Pink Panther, The Pink Panther Strikes again and Revenge of the Pink Panther)

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Ted

The Simpsons Movie

Least Favorite:

The Village

Batman Returns

Batman Forever

Batman and Robin

Super Mario Bros.

Scary Movie and all sequels and derivatives thereof

The Green Hornet

Hmm... My favorite would have to be either The Lion King or Secretariat.  These two movies are so heartwarming and they never get old to me.

My least favorite is Up.  Could not stand that movie!!! It was so depressing to me and I just didn't care for the storyline although it did have a little adventure.  The only thing I like is that bird.  I think his name is Kevin.

I did not know Sean Bananen was an actor too.

Electric Dreams brings back nostalgia of 1984.

And anyway Knowing is on my leats too.

Some of my favorites are The Last Unicorn.

human.jpg

And Donkey Xote.

Donkey_Xote_movie_poster.jpg

I'm uhh... i'm not to great with movies...

But i'd have to say some of my favorites are...

Django unchained

Pulp fiction

Inception

I didn't like...

All the scary movies (the series) 

and a lot of the new comedy movies out... i love comedy but damn they suck :0

post-14701-0-99048000-1367776294_thumb.jpg

My favorite movie of all time has to be Inception, mostly because of it's whole concept and acting!

My least favorite movie has to be Birdemic 2, It is one of the stupidest movies I have ever watched in my lifetime XD

(edited)

My favourite movie of all time? Bladerunner. It's dark, gritty and one of the last film noire's to come out.

As for my least favourite... Hard to choose really. I'd probably have to say the Estcher Trilogy (it's one film with 3 stories in it), interesting idea badly executed.

Edited by Fridge

(edited)

Favorite movie.... hmm. I like so many different genres, it's hard to compare my favorite from each. So, I won't.

Comedy: Blazing Saddles

Action: Avengers and Kick-Ass

Romance: It's been so long since I watched a really good one. Imma hold off on this one.

Adventure: Again. I'm going to pass, here. Not many good adventure movies that aren't children's movies.

Children's: How to train your dragon. (Lion King following not far behind)

Animated/Non-children's movie: Any of the Evangelion reboot movies.

Honorable mentions: Tangled, Megamind, Mulan, Iron Man, Robin Hood: Men in tights, Underworld, and Summer Wars.

Least favorite:

My Super Ex-Girlfriend

Just.... dumb. Made very little sense. Bad acting. Focused too much on sex to provide comedy. Just very poor all around.

Edited by Corruptvoid

Favorite Movie: Well, there are so many to choose! How do I pick one?? To satisfy the needs for the thread I will answer with one of my top choices: Jurassic Park. It's a classic. 'Nuff said.

Least Favorite Movie: Transformers 2 & 3. The absolute worst pieces of garbage I have ever allowed my eyes to set sights on. I'm not even going to describe how disgusted I am at these horrible excuses for entertainment.

**DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to offend anyone with my post, I am just simply answering the question honestly. I don't hate anyone who liked the Transformer movies, I just personally wouldn't want to watch them wink.png

Did somepony say pretentious?

Here's my pretty much permanent top 3:

*Magnolia

*Apocalypse Now

*Mulholland Dr.

Least favorite movie (well, most overrated at least):

*sigh* Donnie Darko - Yes, I know a lot of people love this movie but to me it is the worst "weird" movie I have ever seen, and I like David Lynch movies. The plot is just ridiculous to me.

• 2 weeks later...

My Favorite movies of all time are The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey. Peter Jackson sure thing knows how to make a thrilling movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, mine is the same as OP, which was Wreck it Ralph. I enjoyed every minute of it, and all the funny easter eggs. Worst movie would of been Avatar the last airbender. What a let down. sleep.png

• 2 months later...

My favorite movies, in no particular order, are:

• The Sixth Sense

• Signs

• The Village

• Enter Nowhere [R]

• Cloud Atlas [R]

• The Fountain

• Knowing

• The Forgotten

• Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark [R]

• Pan's Labyrinth [R]

• Pirates of the Caribbean (series)

• Harry Potter (series)

• Various Christmas movies

I don't really have any least favorite movies.

(edited)

My favorite movie is definitely Spirited Away. It's been my favorite movie for at least 10 years now. I love it so much!!!

My least favorite? Hmmm...Spring Breakers! You'd think a movie with James Franco as a Drug dealer(Pineapple Express was awesome), and Selena Gomez in a bikini(yay!) would be freaking awesome. I was so disappointed. I can't believe how awful it was. I couldn't even finish it, it was so god-awful! (Sorry if you liked this movie)

Edited by ReverseFaller

(edited)

Tough call.

My favourite movie is gonna have to range from Toy Story 3, Up, Wreck It Ralph (seen it 4 times), and tons of other Disney movies. Disney is my life.

My least favourite movie is easy: Twilight. Yes, I know that the series is already hated enough. I actually read the book in 2009. It was alright. The movie is just absolutely awful and some of the worst acting I've ever seen.

Edited by Dismajo

My absolute favorite is The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Seriously, I could write a 5 page report, front and back, single spaced, half inch margins, and 11pt font on that movie (and I have, too!)

Step Brothers, I despised! I found it vulgar and incredibly unfunny. It is the first and only movie I have ever walked out of and asked a refund for.