Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's your favorite movie? How about least favorite?

Hollow Wind

So I'm not the only Batman fan here... So who played the Joker better? Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger?

I thought Ledger's version LOOKED better and he was definitely creepy, but Nicholson's Joker was bat shit crazy. Plus he gave us one of my favorite quotes "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

There are a lot of Batman fans like me out there. :P I think it is really hard to say, both of their performances were well done. Oh, if you want to talk more about Batman, you know where to find me. :D

• Brohoof 1

1. Whisper of the Heart

2. My Fair Lady

3. Bridge on the River Kwai

4. Princess Mononoke

5. Amazing Grace ( biographical pic made several years ago about William Wilberforce and his crusade against the slave trade in the British Empire)

3. The Fly
the old one with Vincent Price or the newer one with Goldblum?
  • Brohoof 1

You just can't go wrong with Miyazaki movies 

Indeed :lol: , and he wrote the screenplay for Whisper of the Heart ( would highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet). :)

• Brohoof 1

Indeed :lol: , and he wrote the screenplay for Whisper of the Heart ( would highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet). :)

In fact I haven't, but I will definitely look into renting it. I'm in love with that man's mind  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

it's pretty good not going to lie but I'm not obsessing over it like a lot of people are. o.o

It's good and would definitely recommend; but it could have been fantastic if some scenes were handled better... leaving it at that as I don't want to start WW3 :derp: or get OT.

• Brohoof 1

It's good and would definitely recommend; but it could have been fantastic if some scenes were handled better... leaving it at that as I don't want to start WW3 :derp: or get OT.

Is it at least better than Cars? I remember hearing about how that movie was soooo good and it was AWFUL  :angry:

Is it at least better than Cars? I remember hearing about how that movie was soooo good and it was AWFUL  :angry:

It's much better than Cars, it's just suffice it to say, there is a musical number in the movie ( which I don't think the writers and the music writers/ storyboard people were on the same page ) to get the meaning of in the context of the story you have to ignore the melody and focus on the lyrics and how they fit into the story at that moment. Otherwise you'll either do one of two things A ) misinterpret part of the character or B ) think to yourself, " that sounded nice, but something is bugging me" .

I spent over a month in thought and hours in conversation before I was actually able to figure the movie Frozen out.

So It's on the level of say Mulan or Wall-E but it had the potential to surpass the Lion King.

• Brohoof 1

It's much better than Cars, it's just suffice it to say, there is a musical number in the movie ( which I don't think the writers and the music writers/ storyboard people were on the same page ) to get the meaning of in the context of the story you have to ignore the melody and focus on the lyrics and how they fit into the story at that moment. Otherwise you'll either do one of two things A ) misinterpret part of the character or B ) think to yourself, " that sounded nice, but something is bugging me" .

I spent over a month in thought and hours in conversation before I was actually able to figure the movie Frozen out.

So It's on the level of say Mulan or Wall-E but it had the potential to surpass the Lion King.

I didn't care much for Wall-E but Mulan was fantastic. I doubt there are many Disney Movies that can quite compare to the Lion King though. Ugh I'm gonna have to get Frozen tomorrow so I can see it  :)

• Brohoof 1

I can't pick my top five, but I can list five of my favorite movies.

- Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back

- Big Trouble in Little China Town

- Day of The Dead

- John Carpenter's: The Thing

- Serenity

1. The Fifth Element

2. Liar Liar

3. 2012

4. Dante's Peak

5. Frozen

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to poke a little fun at you for putting 2012 on your list.

I apologize for being mean.

• Brohoof 3

~1. Black Hawk Down

~2. Saving Private Ryan

~3. The Lego Movie

~4. Windtalkers

~5. Frozen

Not much of a movie person, but I do tend to enjoy war based movies (modern, WWII, etc.) over most others. :wub:

Edited by Sir Jackleberry
  • Brohoof 2

Another horror movie fan
Something wrong with that?

Did you like the old Evil Dead or the new one better?
I like the older one more for nostalgia reasons, being the first horror movie I saw when I was little. I like the new one, just for the gore more then anything.

1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy

2. Indiana Jones Trilogy

3. Back to the Future Trilogy

4. Serenity

5. Between the Star Trek: Original movies (all 6) or 1980's Transformers cartoon movie.

*There are so many to pick from D:!

Edited by Its.Yara

-Saving Private Ryan

-Back to the Future

-Free to Play

-The Hunger Games I liked the movie, but not as much as the book.

-The Lion King

-A Boy and His Dog

Edited by DDV
  • Brohoof 1