Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you avoid Boredom? (Opinion/Discussion thread)

Fallen Angel

I go on youtube, internet, or play Fallout for a long long while.

I also play other video games as well or I go for walks or just stare out windows and watch people.

Boredom?  Haha!

Who needs boredom when you have the INTERNET?

In line with this, I often listen to Pendulum and browse the Battle.net forums, these forums, and fimficiton.net.  I even do a little writing on there every once in a while.  You won't find anything posted, though, I don't post anything of the sort until it's so refined and polished that there's nothing left.

And then I have to rewrite everything.

:S

I lay down on the couch and yell, "UGH IM SOOOOOOOOOOO BORED WHAT DO I DO????????????????"

But then I figure out I'm just wasting time O.O

So i draw. i would usually go on my laptop, but my mom has been saying no lately because I'm too 'anti-social' >.<

• Brohoof 1

What i'll do is either play some games on PS3, catch up on some reading, go a walk around the nearby area, go watch stuff on youtube, and as of late come here to the forum. Loving it here so far. :)

I use the internet.  Go to forums like this place, or Youtube, or TV Tropes.  GOD, TV Tropes.  You'll start out looking up tropes for MLP, and somehow 12 hours later, you'll find yourself on the character sheet for Mythbusters. 

When I'm bored I like to do things with my body such as seeing how far I can bend my body parts such as my leg in a certain direction, use my feet as hands and perform tasks with them such as holding a glass of water up to my mouth and drinking from it and setting it back down on the table, and playing my game boy without using my hands at all.

when im bored i'll do some drawing or go on this forum,or i'll play my DS,gameboy,gamecube,wii,or my Ipad.And i watch TV,too,and play with my baby sister.

ok im gonna stop there since there are ALOT more.;)

When I'm bored? On weekdays, I try to watch ponies, make art, and I try to improve on music. (speaking of which, I will be releasing one soon probably)

On weekends, playing video games is all I need. I NEVER get bored during weekends. :P I play from morning until night. Rain or shine. My eyes don't hurt, my fingers don't ache. I don't drink energy drinks. :3

Well I do a few things. Play on my xbox, watch a movie or a series, read a book, go for a walk. My usual thing though is circus skills, I get bored and I practice juggling or contact staff. Sadly its too icy out for me to do that so I'm having to do the indoor stuff.

Open at your own judgement

Its a joke, just letting you know. Dont judge me.

All joking aside, when I get bored I spend time designing Electronic and mechanical systems. Nothing major, just small stuff like speakers and things. However, recently I have been given the opportunity to design a go-kart for a school project, so in some of my free time I have been designing and building that

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 1

At this time of year the weather is too crappy to do anything worth while so Im mostly on my computer in what little spare time I have, Most of my internet time is posting ponies or watching the yogscast on youtube Mostly their tekkit series. 

post-9988-0-98673500-1359247028_thumb.jpg

Because apparently if it exists, There are ponies of it

I'm never bored. There is always something that needs to be done. I can't understand how some people even manage to be bored at work.

Edited by Marelin

All joking aside, when I get bored I spend time designing Electronic and mechanical systems. Nothing major, just small stuff like speakers and things. However, recently I have been given the opportunity to design a go-kart for a school project, so in some of my free time I have been designing and building that

That sounds fun. I'm also really interested in electronics and often just mess around with them when I'm bored. Usually useless things such as flashing multicolour LEDs (Lights), although I do have a few more "serious" projects too.

• 4 weeks later...

Psh, I'm sure that the moon gave Luna more stuff to do than my current town. Usually when I get bored out of my mind I play games like BF3, TF2, and LoL. I also do CC Tiberium alliances, a free, fun browser game. Though learning about and creating signatures is a excellent way to kill your boredom.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

Sleep on it. Usually when I'm bored, it's a sign that I'm getting tired and probably need a nap.

If I'm perfecly awake, I take a break from what I'm doing to do a little exercising in the back room to get the blood flowing. I crank up the epic music and start biking my way up Mount Everest!

After that, I go back to whatever I was doing with the blood flowing and renewed energy. It helps quite a bit sometimes.

Edited by Celtore

Hmm lets think about it... 

I read books. (Recently I started reading The Night Watch series by Sergei Lukyanenko. Freakin-awesome! Such an unknown masterpiece.)

I watch ponies, and attend pony forums. (pretty obvious eh?) 

I mountain bike. (Which is great fun but often painful and a bit expensive.)

I try to write fanfics, draw, ect, ect... 

I used to play a lot of games like TES, CNC Generals, Dragon age... That has been taken over by ponies. 

Everyone's method of curing boredom is going to be different in someways. I would say try and get together with some of your friends and plan a day where you all could hangout out. Last Saturday I had made a livestream in which I and some of the users of the mlpforums watched various videos/classic cartoons. It turned out to be really fun and we are going to plan on doing it every Saturday from now on and we need some more people to join if they'd like to.

Usually if I am really bored with nothing to do. I have made it a point recently to improve upon certain aspects of myself including: grammer-wise, typing speed, drawing, and photoshop etc. Those things that I feel need improvement on if you know what I am saying. If all else fails watch ponies ;)!

Boredom is the Worst Thing Ever.  I usually start by trawling through various Fanfiction sites to see if any of my favorites updated, or if there are any good ones I missed (increasingly small number T-T).  If that fails,and if I have at least two hours, I go to TvTropes.org and look for something funny.  That'll usually work.  If not, I bring out the big guns and go to the SCP-Foundation.  Only go there if you can handle excessive Nightmare Fuel.

I love to draw :3 , drawing is fun! Besides drawing I like to play guitar, practice vocals and I also practice Melbourne Shuffle, DnB Step and C-Walk.

Besides that I'm just playing videogames and browsing the internet all day long. Nothing much to my life really.

Oh and I'm a dedicated FPS gamer, I'm still searching for a serious clan though but I haven't found any clans that play at the level I want.

Basically, whenever I'm bored I think to myself "Are there any things that I would like to do?" And if something comes to mind, just do it! If you ever wanted to draw or sing, just do it! Go on! Set the world on fire! That's what I do when I'm bored.

When nothing comes to mind, I just do what I always do, play games and surf the web.

Edited by Winterbass