Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you avoid Boredom? (Opinion/Discussion thread)

Fallen Angel

To avoid boredom I usually do something I LIKE to do. Whether it means being on the computer, reading a good book, drawing some ponies, or watching an interesting T.V show/movie. Boredom doesn't happen much in my standards.

• Brohoof 1

I usually just to avoid boredom, I listen to music, go on Youtube to watch pony videos, watch people stream while they are playing video games, watch TV or go on my Xbox to watch Spider-Man movies. Go on the forums, cool stuff mostly.

I go on the forums a lot of the time and listen to music. I also play Guitar Hero or Rock Band a lot.

I try to hang out with my friends during the weekend so I'm not completely super bored all weekend lol

PONIESSS LOTS AND LOTS OF A PONIES MY FRIEND.

Naw well thats not the only thing I do, however I do watch ponies or listen to pony music or watch different pony videos or even draw ponies sometimes, aswell as spending a good bit of time just posting here. :P.

I also play Video games, and practice trumpet (Or more recently I started to learn guitar) or sometimes I'll watch non pony stuff.

Or sometimes I'll do research on something I'm curious about, but thats a bit more rare :P.

• 9 months later...

When I'm board? I'm come to the forums and post like crazy.. like what I'm doing right now.. its kind of fun and I'm trying to max out my rank on here, why? I don't know...

Other things I like to do is, Clean, play old games on the NES and Super NES and I'm really board.. break out the old game boy color and play me some pokemon yellow...

• 3 weeks later...

We all know and have experienced it at some point in time. The feeling of true boredom. The type of boredom that renders everything you do boring, grabs hold of you as tightly as it can and never lets go, and exists to ruin your day. How do you combat this enemy?

• Brohoof 5

Me? I pop in a good ol' Sonic game. There's no other game that gets my blood pumping more than seeing the blue blur rolling around at the speed of sound.

That, or I begin writing my next video game review.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, this is an easy one, for me its ***************

The hell? **************

What in the world is going on? **************

Why is this getting censored? **************   **************   ***************   ***************

Am i going crazy? ****************    **************!  **************!!!!  **************!!!!!!  **************!!!!!!!!!!!!!  **************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  **************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEING RANDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!

• Brohoof 5

Myself, I prefer the grace and elegance of the samurai sword. I just let Boredom believe he has the upper hand, then I take him down with a single stroke, not even breaking a sweat. 

Serious answer: I just think back to activities that I've enjoyed in the past, find one that I haven't done yet on that particular day, then I do it. Either that or I look for something new to do. Boredom isn't that big of a deal to me.

• Brohoof 2

Most of the time if I am bored I will listen to music and try to do something like fiddle around in photoshop. There are times that I will just get on here on occasion. I like skateboarding so that gives me a lot to do throughout the day. One thing I really enjoy if I am bored is just simply read and relax. To me there is nothing better to get lost in a book and drown everything else out. When you do not have many people to hangout with anymore you find things to do.

• Brohoof 1

With a lightsaber of course, my weapon of choice...

Well, typically i just watch some youtube videos, or play a game that i haven't in a while, or post on here, or if its late i just go to bed. Or maybe i'll practice my trumpet or something. 

That or i'll do something that i don't normally do. 

Or i just sit around and think about being bored. But then i get un-bored and realize i'm wasting time and I value my time so yeah.

Entirely depends on the day, i've done all kinds of stuff, I like to try new things so when i'm bored is sometimes when i'll try something new.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 2

Whenever I feel bored I just tell myself it's better than being navy bored, the service is either all toil or all monotony. To fight boredom today, I simply play Call of Duty 2, Empire Total War or I watch MLP, but if I had the option of going out, I would eat out then go to Barnes and Noble, to read and have an espresso, my weekends are typically boring when I have no tasks, but these are some of the way to I clear my soul.  

• Brohoof 1

With a lightsaber of course, my weapon of choice...

Wut ?? :lol: 

Since I am very bored I challenge Zygen to a lightsaber war! Thus I fall to my demise due to my utter clumsyness...  

OT ~ I mean if you are bored think of stuff you are not good at or research stuff or try to hone a skill your not familiar with.

• Brohoof 2