Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the worst game you've ever played in your entire life?

Chuckles4lyfe

OK guys, I have to get something bad off my chest - something that threatens my role as a gamer.

I like Sonic 06. Sure, it's glitchy and it has plot holes galore, but who cares? It's a freakin' Sonic game! As long as it has cool graphics and nice gameplay and an AWESOME CONCEPT, it's great! Sonic fans, you can die in a fucking ditch for all I care. YOU. STUPID. HYPOCRITES.

A game I truly hate is Modern Warfare 2. Call of Duty is not a bad series. Sure, it's bland. Sure, it's repetitive. Sure, it's unoriginal. But it is still a solid series that holds up for good reason. This game took everything good with COD and threw it into a pit to freeze. The campaign is too boring and unforgiving, something that is a deadly sin in the Infinity Ward Bible, the multiplayer is dumbed-down for younger audiences, which made it become too EASY for hardcore fans who wanted an extra challenge, and the worst part of all was... the story... oh, the story...

In 2012, I wrote one of the worst video game fanfictions to date. It was a Toontown fanfiction named The Rain (that I took down for good reason). I never would finish The Rain because I realized how cliched the story was. Near-death experiences, going into space, brainwashed civilians, going insane, almost drowning, the list goes on and on. That year, I began playing the COD games after finally having the bravery to dare. The first two games were good, the third was okay, the original Modern Warfare was GODLY, but this game was more cliched than my fanfiction. When I began playing the games, I liked the story because they made it very entertaining. When was the last time we liked cliches? Oh yeah, satires! I literally thought it was some kind of joke, but then I realized - oh yeah, it's Call of FREAKING Duty. They never do satire!

That's my personal rant. Now anyone who disagrees, I understand. Now if you don't excuse me, I have to fight the Flame War in Hell.

• 4 weeks later...

- E.T (yes, the Atari piece of crap one, that was buried)

- Dynasty Warriors 6 (worst one in the series)

- Mario v.s Donkey Kong (eh at first but the game is extremely boring)

I like Sonic 06. Sure, it's glitchy and it has plot holes galore, but who cares? It's a freakin' Sonic game! As long as it has cool graphics and nice gameplay and an AWESOME CONCEPT, it's great! Sonic fans, you can die in a fucking ditch for all I care. YOU. STUPID. HYPOCRITES.

This is something that just has to be addressed. If I ignore this, it's only going to nag at me more. First of all, where does it have any of the three things you listed? The graphics were interesting but ultimately appalling, the gameplay was horrendous since you die if you run into anything during the high speed sections, and what concept? The concept of the game is far from finished. It's a game that was released half completed. What it did have was rather sloppily stitched together and made hardly any sense. They essentially slapped on the Sonic the Hedgehog title which sonic fans call, cringly, Sonic 06. The only redeeming quality to the game was the Soundtrack and that by itself is nothing without great gameplay backing it, which Sonic 06 does not have. Even the new character's mechanics were glitchy whether you played as him or fought him as a boss character. Allot of the glitches in the game in general are game breaking, and ruin the experience for most who played it. Those who made it through the glitchy hell hole that was that game, most likely will never want to play it again. Finally, the plot is pointless because Solarous at the end of the game resets time anyway so the events of Sonic 06 essentially never happened. The Sonic Fans are not hypocrites, because the hate for the game is validated. The fact that you would calls us hypocrites begs the question if you are looking for a reaction or that you truly hate the sonic fan community. Either way, blatantly insulting sonic fans just proves that you are wasting your life picking fights.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer

Halo 3.

It was so god damn boring to me. I got it for free with the games for gold thing. I played it once for maybe five minutes. I couldn't see the appeal to it, so I never played it again.

• 5 months later...

Worst Video Games Ever

The Worst Video game I've ever played would have to be Bubsy 3D

Reasons:

• The Controls Were horrible and doing anything was a real pain
  • most places were not even Textured
  • Bubsy Is just Plain Annoying

What game do you think is the worst tell me below!

• Brohoof 1

Hehe, well...

Pokemon.  :comeatus:

-Pokemon in general has some pretty unoriginal concepts for Pokemon.

-Speaking of Pokemon, half of them are useless.

-Each game goes by the exact same formula. Beat all Gym Leaders, beat Elite Four, beat Champion.

-This formula has only been avoided in the non-mothership titles.

-Constant grinding is a big no-no.

-I have to give up a move to learn a move? No. Just no.

-Constantly forced to fight other trainers for no reason. Why can't I just progress like normal!?

It's not a good series in my eyes. Everything about every game is just generic and pretty much the only Gen I would even consider to play some time is Gen 1.

• Brohoof 3

Hmm for me the worst video games I've played are:

• Call of Duty
  • Candy Crush Saga
  • Nintendo Land
  • Wizard 101

I know there are more but I can't think of any.

Hehe, well...

Pokemon.  :comeatus:

-Pokemon in general has some pretty unoriginal concepts for Pokemon.

-Speaking of Pokemon, half of them are useless.

-Each game goes by the exact same formula. Beat all Gym Leaders, beat Elite Four, beat Champion.

-This formula has only been avoided in the non-mothership titles.

-Constant grinding is a big no-no.

-I have to give up a move to learn a move? No. Just no.

-Constantly forced to fight other trainers for no reason. Why can't I just progress like normal!?

It's not a good series in my eyes. Everything about every game is just generic and pretty much the only Gen I would even consider to play some time is Gen 1.

you know what redeye i agree with everything you said on that list becuase you are just doing smae things again and agian

and i espcially hate the fact when forced verus against the same trainer. And fact he dosen't have good pokemon and could whip ass in the next 5-10 mini could go on on why i hate this so much.Even worse the fact of getting intefared by the same pokemon and i could be here forever talking about that hope you enjoy   

fable 3 was a pretty big disappointment to me.

i remember looking forward to it, until i came to the realization that it´s extremely uninspired, and all the new features were just put in for the sake of there being new features.

didn´t even finish the game, it´s sad that the series had to come to an end like that.

• Brohoof 1

This game, right here.

1281936296-00.jpg

It was one of the first games I played as a kid, circa 1996 after getting bored of Super Mario Land and Kirby. Even back then I hated it. Terrible controls, terrible level design, bullshit difficulty, so many glitches, and the ending is just as terrible. 

• Brohoof 2

Oh, this one's easy to figure out:

Action_52_%28NES%29_box_art.jpg

This is beyond god-awful. You see that price tag? $200 for 52 games that don't even work. You would think quality control was a thing in September 1991, when the game was released? WRONG. There are an abundance of glitches: You can die in mid-air, no checkpoints in any of the games, extremely awkward controls, and some of the worst cases of, pardon, bullshit difficulty in possibly video game history.

Oh, some of the games don't even have endings, they just go on to Stage 1 after "completing" them. Some don't even work at all, and the kicker? There was a $104,000 contest for anyone who beat I think Ooze and took a picture of their screen. Well, guess what? The game crashes somewhere at the midway part of Ooze. That's a great way to half-ass a game: Put a contest and the game isn't even beatable. :\

• Brohoof 2

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22 was awful

Sluggish controls, crappy effects, weak attacks. The only positive thing I can say about it is the intro and the spritework

• Brohoof 1

now i say what worst game i've played so many rotten piece garbage games i've played back then. I know golf for the Atari 26001980 . played it 1-3 years ago be warned their going be some swearing are you ready do this.First problem  damn near impossible to hit the ball you can wack at that ball all day and it will move centimeters and to tease you the game puts in you can do it under 3 strokes which complete bullshit because you can't even get good hits on the ball.Second problem the ball blends into graphics it's blue if you hit in the blue area it will blend into it very nicely and will drive nuts and angry and say how hell made this game.Third problem If the ball gets stuck behind a tree or sand pit it will take you hours and drive you nuts. with these factors being said this game is virtually unplayable broken piece of crap and should be avoided at all costs.By the way played this on Atari      flashback how in the hell added this on flashback this game is trash that's all have say thanks enjoy

post-31759-0-82028700-1422300224.jpeg

Edited by detirotbrony89

I'm gonna avoid the easy targets like legitimately broken games (Crazy Bus, Sonic 06) and focus on games that are actually considered complete and some may actually enjoy. I consider these the worst games because no matter what I do I can't seem to enjoy them in spite of whether they are well-made or have good designs or not.

Need For Speed V-Rally - Not generally a racing fan anyway but this game's physics will have you tossing your car on it's back far too often and it's checkpoints are way too strict so if you toss more than like...once you'll never make it. It's not fun to play at all.

Forza 4 - In the same vein as NFS:V-R this game is actually very well made but I can't drive for shit thanks to it's realistic driving mechanics and physics. I can't go ten seconds without spinning out. My opinion on this one could change at some point if I ever actually learn how to play it properly but turning on the easy driving setting feels like it's pulling all control away from me so I don't like to do that.

Super Brothers: Swords and Sorcery EP - There isn't much to this game but clicking away at objects to interact with them and once in awhile getting into simple clickity click combat. Your journey is short and empty and the only interesting thing about the game seems to be the dark presence you run away from at the end. I think there might be multiple endings or something but I can't be assed to play it anymore. Good thing I got it for free. :D

Bioshock 2 - MEEEEH. For all intents and purposes this game should be just as fun as the first one was but feels like they missed something while creating it. Playing as a Big Daddy isn't as fun as it sounds, nor much different from playing as the human from the first game. All the tension that was in the first game for being in the dark city of Rapture really isn't there anymore either. It doesn't help that the gameplay system doesn't do much for me. I'll probably skip to Infinite without ever beating it.

White Knight Chronicles - Not a huge fan of MMORPGs and this game, while still playable solo offline, plays like one. Seems cool at first but the combat system gets old and it takes far too long to get anything done. I could just be taking longer than necessary by fighting everything too but I can't bring myself to playing it more. My PS3 dying is just a nail in the coffin, too. I'm probably never gonna play this game again.

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi - Somehow they make the epic battles of DBZ slow and boring. You don't get a choice in how you fight because the fighting style differs based on your distance from the enemy. Short combat is punches while long range combat is energy beams. Then there's a rock-paper-scissors system in the game that trivializes everything and turns the tide of battle way too easily. This one could probably go into the "opinions pending" since I haven't actually played all that much of it but nothing in the world could make me want to play this game more. DBZ: Raging Blast 2 is far easier to get into and the combat actually feels like a real DBZ battle.

Bleach: Dark Souls - A Bleach fighting game sounds like it'd be pretty awesome, right? Well it doesn't work out so well. The combat feels clunky and somehow it's both too complicated and too simple at the same time. The fact that it's on a handheld system isn't helping it much since I can't really do multiplayer that way. I play most of my fighting games multiplayer to get a feel for them. The story mode is also extremely annoying in that you have to do certain challenges during stages to get the keys to unlock more stages. Right from the beginning of the story mode you're getting screwed over by challenges like no-jumping and perfectly parrying enemy attacks. There was a Bleach fighting game on the Wii that was infinitely more fun than this.

Opinions pending due to lack of play time:

Dragonsphere - Another point'n'click adventure but this one is old and slow with way too much reading for my liking. Even if I was in the mood to read it and it had a good story the slow animations would turn me off pretty easily. I haven't given this one a proper try so it only goes in the opinion-pending group.

Aegis Wing - A shmup created by some interns at Microsoft the game has some decent backgrounds and it has all the mechanics a shmup needs...but the enemy variety is boring and bullets move way too slowly in really easy to avoid patterns. While "dodge and shoot ad infinitum" is kind of what the shmup genre is about this game manages to make that seem boring.

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - I know, I know. This one's gonna catch me a lot of flak. I haven't really played more than twenty minutes of this game yet but the big reasons it's here is that it feels too old. Unnecessarily long-winded characters and the need to talk to way too many people to find your objective. I actually like when games give me waypoints to show me where to go. I've never been a fan of Bethesda's RPGs but so far this game makes me want to go back to Skyrim, of all things. Opinions my change on this one but the fact that hitting an enemy directly can still miss thanks to RNG doesn't scream "awesome" to me at all.

The Witcher 2 - Literally only played thirty minutes of this game so not much to say yet but it feels far too complicated way too early in the game for what I'm willing to put up with. Maybe it expects me to have played the first game so jumping right in wouldn't feel so overwhelming. Not a whole lot is making me want to play this game more though and it's just one more "best RPG ever" that has done nothing to impress me both in-game and from everything I've heard about it.