Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the worst game you've ever played in your entire life?

Chuckles4lyfe

Dunno if I've played a game that I hated, but I've played games that I was really disappointed in:

Spore - Creature creator is cool, but the gameplay is divided into 5 parts, all of which are extremely dumbed down versions of a certain genre, making them all very boring.

Fable 3 - Peter Molyneux promised me the world and all I got was a pretty okay game. Fable 3 is fine, but its not nearly the experience that it was sold to be.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Bioware could have done so much in an MMO with the Star Wars IP, and instead they made yet another World of Warcraft clone. This game could have been pretty cool as a single player game. The class stories are all pretty cool, but every time I want to just focus on the story I have to slog through a bunch of boring sidequests, or otherwise find another way to grind out levels. If I don't, I wont be high enough level to do the story missions. I haven't really played since launch though, so it might have changed some.

• Brohoof 1

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

They released a game that feels more like a DEMO than an actual GAME. There's NO Collision Detection, Barely any physics, the AI doesn't even move (unless you have a patch) and you can't even lose the game. Not to mention..

Big-Rigs-Youre-Winner-screenshot.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Angry Birds:

I don't want to talk about this one.

Green Eggs & Ham GBA:

I had this when I was younger and it is just a really bad Mario Party Clone that is unfair

Action 52 & Cheetahmen II:

Not my most hated but extremely low quality

• Brohoof 1

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

I've played some terrible games. Jaws on NES. Porky Pig on SNES.

But none compare to Sonic 06.

Those controls. Awful.

But that's ok. I can handle it. In fact, I was when I played Sonic 06. I noticed it. Didn't mind it. I like Sonic. Give him a break.

The glitches. That's ok too. Didn't encounter too many of the game breaking ones. Some jittery moments, but whatever. They happened just enough times to be a millimeter shy of making me quit the game.

What killed it for me were the loading times.

They were way too long and way too many.

You'd find a guy.

"You wanna do a mission?"

Yes.

Loading screen.

This is what you gotta do.

Loading screen.

Start and fail.

Loading screen.

"You failed. Too bad and try again"

Another freakin' loading screen!!!

Agghgghhhhggh!!!!!!!! This game is AWFUL.

UNFINISHED PILE OF POO POO!!!

Edited by pollo20x6

I'm gonna avoid the easy targets like legitimately broken games (Crazy Bus, Sonic 06) and focus on games that are actually considered complete and some may actually enjoy. I consider these the worst games because no matter what I do I can't seem to enjoy them in spite of whether they are well-made or have good designs or not.

Need For Speed V-Rally - Not generally a racing fan anyway but this game's physics will have you tossing your car on it's back far too often and it's checkpoints are way too strict so if you toss more than like...once you'll never make it. It's not fun to play at all.

Forza 4 - In the same vein as NFS:V-R this game is actually very well made but I can't drive for shit thanks to it's realistic driving mechanics and physics. I can't go ten seconds without spinning out. My opinion on this one could change at some point if I ever actually learn how to play it properly but turning on the easy driving setting feels like it's pulling all control away from me so I don't like to do that.

Super Brothers: Swords and Sorcery EP - There isn't much to this game but clicking away at objects to interact with them and once in awhile getting into simple clickity click combat. Your journey is short and empty and the only interesting thing about the game seems to be the dark presence you run away from at the end. I think there might be multiple endings or something but I can't be assed to play it anymore. Good thing I got it for free. :D

Bioshock 2 - MEEEEH. For all intents and purposes this game should be just as fun as the first one was but feels like they missed something while creating it. Playing as a Big Daddy isn't as fun as it sounds, nor much different from playing as the human from the first game. All the tension that was in the first game for being in the dark city of Rapture really isn't there anymore either. It doesn't help that the gameplay system doesn't do much for me. I'll probably skip to Infinite without ever beating it.

White Knight Chronicles - Not a huge fan of MMORPGs and this game, while still playable solo offline, plays like one. Seems cool at first but the combat system gets old and it takes far too long to get anything done. I could just be taking longer than necessary by fighting everything too but I can't bring myself to playing it more. My PS3 dying is just a nail in the coffin, too. I'm probably never gonna play this game again.

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi - Somehow they make the epic battles of DBZ slow and boring. You don't get a choice in how you fight because the fighting style differs based on your distance from the enemy. Short combat is punches while long range combat is energy beams. Then there's a rock-paper-scissors system in the game that trivializes everything and turns the tide of battle way too easily. This one could probably go into the "opinions pending" since I haven't actually played all that much of it but nothing in the world could make me want to play this game more. DBZ: Raging Blast 2 is far easier to get into and the combat actually feels like a real DBZ battle.

Bleach: Dark Souls - A Bleach fighting game sounds like it'd be pretty awesome, right? Well it doesn't work out so well. The combat feels clunky and somehow it's both too complicated and too simple at the same time. The fact that it's on a handheld system isn't helping it much since I can't really do multiplayer that way. I play most of my fighting games multiplayer to get a feel for them. The story mode is also extremely annoying in that you have to do certain challenges during stages to get the keys to unlock more stages. Right from the beginning of the story mode you're getting screwed over by challenges like no-jumping and perfectly parrying enemy attacks. There was a Bleach fighting game on the Wii that was infinitely more fun than this.

Opinions pending due to lack of play time:

Dragonsphere - Another point'n'click adventure but this one is old and slow with way too much reading for my liking. Even if I was in the mood to read it and it had a good story the slow animations would turn me off pretty easily. I haven't given this one a proper try so it only goes in the opinion-pending group.

Aegis Wing - A shmup created by some interns at Microsoft the game has some decent backgrounds and it has all the mechanics a shmup needs...but the enemy variety is boring and bullets move way too slowly in really easy to avoid patterns. While "dodge and shoot ad infinitum" is kind of what the shmup genre is about this game manages to make that seem boring.

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - I know, I know. This one's gonna catch me a lot of flak. I haven't really played more than twenty minutes of this game yet but the big reasons it's here is that it feels too old. Unnecessarily long-winded characters and the need to talk to way too many people to find your objective. I actually like when games give me waypoints to show me where to go. I've never been a fan of Bethesda's RPGs but so far this game makes me want to go back to Skyrim, of all things. Opinions my change on this one but the fact that hitting an enemy directly can still miss thanks to RNG doesn't scream "awesome" to me at all.

The Witcher 2 - Literally only played thirty minutes of this game so not much to say yet but it feels far too complicated way too early in the game for what I'm willing to put up with. Maybe it expects me to have played the first game so jumping right in wouldn't feel so overwhelming. Not a whole lot is making me want to play this game more though and it's just one more "best RPG ever" that has done nothing to impress me both in-game and from everything I've heard about it.

Silly you, the title is worst games you've ever played, not ones you're bad at!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Battlefield 4

Ride To Hell: Retribution

I seriously hope those 2 [or on second thought just cs go as bf4 was broken on launch] are jokes 

I'm gonna go with Jaws or Godzilla on NES.

-Jaws is just the same thing over and over again.

jaws-tiburon-para-tu-nes-exelente-juego-

-Godzilla is just annoying. The time limit is unholy and the graphics are boring to look at. 

Godzilla_NES_cartridge.jpg

Hehe, well...

Pokemon.   :comeatus:

-Pokemon in general has some pretty unoriginal concepts for Pokemon.

-Speaking of Pokemon, half of them are useless.

-Each game goes by the exact same formula. Beat all Gym Leaders, beat Elite Four, beat Champion.

-This formula has only been avoided in the non-mothership titles.

-Constant grinding is a big no-no.

-I have to give up a move to learn a move? No. Just no.

-Constantly forced to fight other trainers for no reason. Why can't I just progress like normal!?

It's not a good series in my eyes. Everything about every game is just generic and pretty much the only Gen I would even consider to play some time is Gen 1.

I agree. Pokemon is just blah.

Edited by Sir Godot

I have a love-hate relationship with CS: GO. We're cool so long as it doesn't smack me with an AWP at spawn 20 times in a row again.

Well at least they encourage you to use the more disadvantged guns with the whole 'you get more cash per kill with the crappy guns then you do awping' thing, right?

Well at least they encourage you to use the more disadvantged guns with the whole 'you get more cash per kill with the crappy guns then you do awping' thing, right?

You did? Oh wow I didn't know that. But then again I don't use the AWP.. not because it's too difficult, but because I've been sniping for 3 years already and been banned enough in tf2 to know when to stop

Of those that I have played, I would say Bubsy: Fractured Furry Tales on Atari Jaguar.

Just...augh...  :eww:

Silly you, the title is worst games you've ever played, not ones you're bad at!

I seriously hope those 2 [or on second thought just cs go as bf4 was broken on launch] are jokes

If I'm not having fun, for any reason, then it qualifies as the worst game of all time to me. It failed to grab my attention and thus was a waste of my time and money. Worst. Game. Ever.

If I'm not having fun, for any reason, then it qualifies as the worst game of all time to me. It failed to grab my attention and thus was a waste of my time and money. Worst. Game. Ever.

*deleted cause i was being a d bag top kek*

Edited by SillyMLUnicorn

Ok, so let me get this straight..........

'waaaa i suck so this game sucks deal with it my opinion is fact'

Did I miss anything?

I never once claimed that anything I said is something anyone but me will ever believe. These are the worst games because they aren't for me. That's literally all there is to it. My skill level isn't why I dislike them but it doesn't allow me to get into it the way the game deserves.

I'm also trying to keep this topic from going the inevitable route of naming off all the buggy and glitchy games which will just turn out to be Sonic 06, Bubsy and random no-name games that no one's ever heard of.

I love how some people in this thread are talking about games that they were disappointed in that were supposed to actually be good while others are talking about games that are just plain terrible any way you slice it. I like the dichotomy going on here :P

As for me, I remember a lot of bad shovelware from my childhood. A whole lot of it. Like, every handheld game I owned except for Pokemon Silver. Pokemon Silver was my jam back in the day.

(By 'shovelware', I mean bad games made to sell just because they were attached to some brand and not because they're actually decent games, for those of you unfamiliar with the term)

• Brohoof 1

I have been playing video games for almost three decades, so the worst game I probably played was some random abomination made for the Intellivision (which is like an off brand Atari).  However, the worst game in recent memory that I can actually recall is Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the Nintendo DS.  Who's brilliant idea was it to have the ever reliable d-pad controls replaced by controlling Link exclusively for the touch screen?  Because it is a crippling control scheme.  Also having a nice open ended overworld to explore got replaced by this awful model train simulation minigame.  Much of the rest of the game felt like it was phoning it in as well.  I even researched this game before hand and it had excellent reviews, so I thought I was making a safe purchase.  Turns out you can put the Zelda label on absolute garbage and people will still give it a 9/10.

Edited by Twilight Dirac
  • Brohoof 2

Superman on Nintendo 64, the worst part was flying through rings with a time limit, the controls were too responsive, the smallest movement on the controller, could make Superman move way off, so with the time limit it takes up time to get through the rings, with pedantic accuracy, I never completed the game, I only got as far four levels, so I was frustrated so much I stopped playing it.  

Sonic Shuffle. Of all the Mario Party clones, this one had to be the worst. Impossible AI, even on the easiest setting, an unimaginative plot, colossal loading times and off-the-wall (not in a good way) mini-games. There is a mini-game where you have to pick a can of unshaken soda pop. That's laziness.

I love how some people in this thread are talking about games that they were disappointed in that were supposed to actually be good while others are talking about games that are just plain terrible any way you slice it. I like the dichotomy going on here :P

As for me, I remember a lot of bad shovelware from my childhood. A whole lot of it. Like, every handheld game I owned except for Pokemon Silver. Pokemon Silver was my jam back in the day.

(By 'shovelware', I mean bad games made to sell just because they were attached to some brand and not because they're actually decent games, for those of you unfamiliar with the term)

To me, it's too easy to totally disregard a game simply because it's broken. I've played broken games that were actually pretty fun to go through in spite of that fact.

"This game is the worst because it's broken" is the easy way out in my mind. I try to consider the experience I had with it, which is why the games I mentioned are legit good games for other people but for me nothing in the world would make me want to play them. I can give precise reasons why that is even and it extends beyond a game's ability to perform.

To me, it's too easy to totally disregard a game simply because it's broken. I've played broken games that were actually pretty fun to go through in spite of that fact.

"This game is the worst because it's broken" is the easy way out in my mind. I try to consider the experience I had with it, which is why the games I mentioned are legit good games for other people but for me nothing in the world would make me want to play them. I can give precise reasons why that is even and it extends beyond a game's ability to perform.

*whispers* goat simulatorrrrrrr

(in case I'm making a weird reference people don't get goat simulator is a game made purposefully broken because its brokenness is what makes it fun)

Fair enough though, I do like hearing about just how broken games can be but this is a very open-ended question. I mean, looking at all the games that have ever existed and trying to pick a "worst one", that's a tall order. Games are all so different, it's like if you asked people what the worst thing they ever read was. Some people would talk about books, others would talk about fanfiction written by 10-year-olds.

(in case I'm making a weird reference people don't get goat simulator is a game made purposefully broken because its brokenness is what makes it fun)

Fair enough though, I do like hearing about just how broken games can be but this is a very open-ended question. I mean, looking at all the games that have ever existed and trying to pick a "worst one", that's a tall order. Games are all so different, it's like if you asked people what the worst thing they ever read was. Some people would talk about books, others would talk about fanfiction written by 10-year-olds.

I can second that, the moment the goat joke gets boring you just realized you wasted 10 dollars on it.

A lot of people say clash of clans is bad.

YOU KNOW NOTHING FOOLS. I remember I was grounded, all I had was my phone. Naturally, I download games. I had a game called spartan wars.

Basic summary: it was "Wait: The Game". In CoC you can actually see your battles, not in Spartan Wars. You just wait for it to happen and then it tells you. Want to go in a spooky cave? Wait like 5 minutes for the result. It just got wait-ier and wait-ier.

Why did I keep playing it? The chat. I always told myself "I'll go to bed early". NOPE, I once stayed up in that chat til 2am. Boring game but the chat was hilarious, especially the high rankers BSing with eachother.

When I was ungrounded I undownloaded the game.

I've heard something about Goat Simulator. It's physics are intentionally difficult to handle or something, kinda like Surgeon Simulator.

But yeah, there's more to being the worst game than whether it functions or not. There's also something to be said about the game's overall design and whether it achieved what it was going for or not and if that even matters if no one liked it anyway.

There's also games that are probably some of the highest rated and most sold games of all time like Call of Duty that get mentioned in here because they weren't to someone's tastes. Goes along with what I was saying about Forza. On a personal level the game's just not accessible to me so it feels like I wasted my money on it.

We could even get down into the nitty-gritty and explain why this level makes an entire game unworthy of anyone's time, why a specific mechanic isn't as good as it sounds and it ruins the experience though for all intents and purposes these things are functioning exactly how they were programmed to function.

Of course, I tend to have pretty crazy opinions on the matter so people stop listening to me anyway. I'm the guy who actually likes Sonic 06 so... :lol:

• Brohoof 1