Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your 2012 Game of the Year?

Radiance64

Game of the Year... ... So many good games...

I haven't played it much... but I am going to say...

guildwars2logo.jpg

It's... different, "rule breaking" and exciting game I've played. Where other games are quite predictable (with some exceptions like Batman Arkham City), Guild Wars 2 is just... always changing, always something new happening in a very big world with lots of secrets and things to do. All that I got from playing Guild Wars 2 for just 2 days.

• Brohoof 1

I played Super Metroid for the first time this year. so easy, that was my GOTY since no game I've played this year...yes even Halo 4 and DIshonored....were even remotely close. As for games this year, the 2 games mentioned previous would be on top for me. In addition Xenoblade, NSMBU, and Farcry 3

Best game of the year. Well that's a hard one. thats a Toss up between Microsoft Office 2013 or Windows 8 Pro, There both are game since you basically had to play with them to use then.

I have to say though

TorchLight 2 Best MMORPG (beat diablo with stick)

Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 for best Racing

COD BO2 for best FPS/Zombies

Analogue A Hate Store (best Story driven TITLE)

best Collection of games for 2012 - http://imageshack.us/a/img832/2154/img691411.jpg

Edited by MadDoggyca
  • Brohoof 1

My personal GOTY?Far Cry 3.

Stupendous gameplay,great characters,amazing world...really,this game is a blast to play.I have yet to play another game that has you thoroughly plan out a takeover,see a bunch of animals,and go "Y'know,maybe I lure those animals to the enemies instead...".

It's great fun to lure a tiger or two into the enemy camp,then see that they have a caged animal and let that one out to help maul the enemies as well.

img-1033170-1-guildwars2logo.jpg
My pick as well. I've loved every moment I've spent in Tyria thus far, and it's only just begun.

Borderlands 2 is good fun as well. Far Cry 3 would have been a contender for me if Ubisoft didn't completely flake on the PC version.

Edited by DusK

My would have to be Sonic and All stars racing: Transformed

The game is better than Mario kart I tell you. 

While Mario Kart can usually screw you over with the computers getting a cheap item, Sonic and All Stars Racing: Transformed on the other hand relies mostly on the skills you have. 

There also so many missions to do and they are satisfying to beat on the hardest difficulty. (Except traffic attack). 

The levels are beautiful and the concept of transforming feels awesome and makes the races that much more interesting. 

Hope they make another game. <3

Mine would have to be Fallout 3 or fallout new vegas... I love the amazing amount of freedom that the games gives you, its great. The large quantity of weapons, apparel and gadgets you can use is outstanding and the questlines are actually bearable unlike a lot of other games that offer the same basic thing for every quest... And the mothership zeta add-on is just WOW! I know that they were not released this year but still my favorite all around game.

This is game of the year 2012! Fallout 3 and New Vegas we're released before 2012 (not sure which years). So I don't think they would count here.

I haven't really been buying many games this year. I got Assassin's Creed 3, and was disappointed due to the main character and changed gameplay and controls. I was considering buying a Wii-U for myself (which was why I didn't buy any games) but I realized that the only game out for that system that I would actually pay for would be Scribblenauts Unlimited. So, I'm just going off by shallow first impressions. 

So, I'd say either Far Cry 3, Journey or Dishonored. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

Borderlands 2 takes it because of the Co-Op for sure! You really Can't beat its ability, plus add in the 4 DLC releases and your have a game that keeps on playing for a year! Oh, and it has plenty of MLP references. lol. 

I just realized that I haven't play much at all of games that came out this year.

This year was terribly disappointing when it comes to games.

Most of the AAA titles that I was looking forward to upset me. Assassin's Creed 3 was kinda lame, Mass Effect 3 was basically 2 all over again, Halo 4 had a SOLID competitive multiplayer but its singleplayer was terrible and Spartan Ops is NOT a replacement for Firefight.

I haven't played games like Dishonored or Far Cry 3 but I'm tempted to just give one of them it. Or Journey, but I guess people who don't own a PS3 get shafted out of that one.

Maybe Spec Ops: The Line? Because it kinda pointed a middle finger at CoD-like games.

Can't award a WiiU game because I don't own one.

BUT in order to award a game I had to have played it... so... choosing this is kinda difficult.

Hotline Miami wins Game of the Year

There we go... close enough... everyone else go home.

(I was going to say Persona 4 Arena, but just no....)

EDIT: Also I get shafted again early next year because Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is a PS3 exclusive... XBOX! Why do you suddenly suck so terribly?

EDIT 2: I don't know but next year looks much better...

Ni No Kuni for game of 2013, well unless The Last Guardian wants to be released this console generation.

But DmC has Sexiest Protagonist of 2013 in the bag, so really what else matters!

Edited by Colon Leftbracket

For me it's tied between 2 games.

First of all, Awesomenaughts. Has to be the the best indie game this year without a doubt. It takes the MOBA genre in a new direction where its just good ol' fun rather that having a massive competitive scene alongside it and I think that makes it a more enjoyable game compared to LoL and DotA 2. The art style rocks, the theme music for each champion is simply awesome and the taunts that come from the champions themselves have so much character and really make them individuals. 

Dishonored also was just brilliant. Great story in a great looking game that I feel takes the genre into a new light. I feel more like an assassin as Corvo than I ever did as Ezio or Altair. The design of the world is superb and the different ways you can kill people is refreshing. I've had two playthroughs of the game so far and both times I've enjoyed it immensely. I've yet to download the new challenge mode but I think those will be just as fun as the core game. It's not perfect but I think even AC struggles to hold a candle to this game.

If I had to choose one though, I think Dishonored, purely because I love being able to throw explosive whale goo at people and then dispose of the bodies over the side of a bridge.

Now that 2012 has come to a close, I was thinking that we should talk about the Game of the Year for 2012. Then probably at the near end of 2013, I'll write Game of the Year for 2013. So type away :)

Little Inferno by Tomorrow Corporation

I'd say it would be Borderlands 2. My personal favorite game this year, I loved the characters and it improved on /everything/ the original offered. Plus dem easter eggs.

NOTE: I only play PC games, so I never really played other FPS games. But Halo 4 didn't look too incredible, and Black Ops 2 is... Black Ops 2. So don't take my word for this. :P

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 3

Left 4 Dead 2

I'd have to say Borderlands 2... it's been a blast playing with 3 other friends, nothing but fooling around and driving in cars, collecting loot, and killing gigantic monsters :D

• Brohoof 3

Halo 4, it had groundbreaking technology. I mean, I thought the graphics on gaming wasn't making any progress until I played Halo 4 in HD. Not to mention it's addictive mutliplayer and flat out epic singleplayer experience. Halo 4 is a must play, even if you haven't played Halo at any point in the past, it's worth a play.

Halo 4 deserves it, no doubt. Not to mention it's amazing and innovative Forge mode. (If you haven't heard, Halo 4's forge generates light maps on the objects you place.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Halo 4, it had groundbreaking technology. I mean, I thought the graphics on gaming wasn't making any progress until I played Halo 4 in HD. Not to mention it's addictive mutliplayer and flat out epic singleplayer experience. Halo 4 is a must play, even if you haven't played Halo at any point in the past, it's worth a play.

Halo 4 deserves it, no doubt. Not to mention it's amazing and innovative Forge mode. (If you haven't heard, Halo 4's forge generates light maps on the objects you place.

That reminds me that the first cutscene in the game I thought I was watching a live action shot, then about a minute in I realized that it was CGI, My mind exploded.

• Brohoof 1

That reminds me that the first cutscene in the game I thought I was watching a live action shot, then about a minute in I realized that it was CGI, My mind exploded.

Same here, although that particular level of CGI isn't that new, my favorite freeware PC shooter Area 51 from 2005 has a similar breath taking experience.

But it still doesn't compare with the CGI of Halo 4.

• Brohoof 1

I have not been able to play a lot of the great new games that came out recently, like Halo or Assassins Creed, but from what I have been able to play, the walking dead video game is my personal favorite of 2012. It has a great story and an amazing ending.

• Brohoof 1

For me, it'd have to go to Halo 4, with Mass Effect 3 coming in 2nd, and Borderlands 2 coming in 3rd. Halo 4 has a great story that introduces a lot, yet leaves a lot unanswered; perfect for the first installment of the new trilogy. It also has really solid and fun multiplayer that doesn't feel grindy, like Call of Duty multiplayer does sometimes, but is much more...random, I guess is the word, as opposed to previous installments. By that, I mean that there's a lot more customization options as far as loadouts go, and weapons appear almost randomly and can turn the tables of a match, if ordnance is involved. Again, it's like Call of Duty, but more accessible to fresh people. The spartan ops, while I haven't finished them yet, also look really cool, and add a very nice side story arc that doesn't involve the Master Chief.

would have given my game of the year to Mass Effect 3 in a heartbeat, but that ending....so much disappointment. I won't discuss it at length here, but it was a letdown for one of my all-time favorite series, when everything else about it was simply stunning.