Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your 2012 Game of the Year?

Radiance64

Far Cry 3 by far. The gameplay was fun, the story was well written, and the visuals were amazing. Assassin' s Creed 3 was a huge disappointment, and it was ridiculously frustrating. The story' s plot had more holes in it  than all the cheese in Switzerland.  I felt like I was waiting for the real game to start the whole time. Black Ops 2 was probably the best CoD, but it was still pretty much the same old fps as always and the campaign' s story was stupid. I didn't pick up any of the other big games of 2012, unfortunately, but I will probably check out Borderlands  2 in 2013.

My 2012 Game of Year....

Well, before assuming that its nothing.

Its not minecraft

Its not call of duty

Its not any game for the PS3.

My 2012 game of the year is...........

HALF LIFE 2!!! :D

I honestly thought this wasn't that good of a year for gaming. BO2, Halo 4, and AC3 are all just repetitive squeals IMO. I haven't played/seen Far cry 3, and I only saw gameplay with Dishonored. But Dishonored looked pretty cool, so I will go with that.

Starcraft 2. I've been playing as the Zerg, Dropping Banelings at the enemy base, rushing with Zerglings, and also using Infestors to mass spawn infested terrans at the expo/main base, and also harrassing with Mutalisks. My favorite Custom map of all is the Squadron Tower Defense.

As much as I've been trying to get away from the "killing genre" I must admit the best game I played during 2012 was most definently Dark Souls. It boasts immersive gameplay, deep and involved story, unique concepts, unforgiving gameplay, and most of all the sense of reward. It has breathtaking visuals (especially for a console game) and unforgettable locations that made me learn how to paint, just so I could paint them. I think the part that really makes the game what it is, is that it is a JRPG, but it doesn't act like one in the slightest. You can only tell by the gameplay mechanics that "yup this is Japanese" the story, settings, and characters are almost completely Western inspired.anor_londo_by_pweanut-d5pyrfa.png

As for releases... I would have to say Scribblenauts: Unlimited. It's a simple pleasure, and gets you away from the whole mess that the world is. Not to mention it is totally adorable and smart, two things everybody can use more of in their life.

Tav

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 4.  Damn did this game fill me with emotion from start to finish.  I have never felt so attached to characters in a video than I did with Halo 4.  It was great to see the Master Chief and Cortana again after their five year absence as a Halo fan, but this game floored me through the way how 343 Industries explored and fleshed out the pair.  Throughout the whole game I not only felt like the Master Chief, but the Master Chief also felt like his own character.  The two of us felt like the same person, and the way we felt, acted, and fought were synced.  Like the Chief, I felt very protective over Cortana, causing me to dread the ending because while I hoped there was a way to save her from death, I also felt something was very wrong.  Even though I felt like the Master Chief, it was clear he was his own character, I felt worried for him too.  Not in the same way I felt worried for Cortana however, but I felt worried how Cortana's death could effect this legendary warrior.

I will say this about the ending:  It's beautiful, emotional, engrossing, and most of all, completely satisfying.  I cried because that's how much the ending touched me, and it actually caused me to go through a week-long state of depression.  I had never like that for anything before in my life, so bravo to 343i.  I can't wait to see what they have planned for the future campaigns.

Yes, I am basing pick for Game of the Year mostly on Halo 4's story and campaign, but honestly, it's just that good.  The multiplayer is still fun, probably the best since Halo 2, and Spartan Ops is interesting.  There are a few steps back in the game in terms of customizable options and few other issues, but overall it's a great game.  It is not just the best Halo game since Halo: Combat Evolved, but it's also one of the best games this generation.