Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Intro For TV show OTHER THAN MLP!

Dipper Pines

I really like the opening for Futurama. There's always a different little joke they put in during the first few seconds when it actually says "Futurama", and the big monitor at the end always shows a different clip from an old TV show each time. It adds a little variety into something that's normally extremely repetitive in a show, and I like that.

The theme itself is really catchy, I just love the chimes/tubular bells. I figured out how to play it a while ago. :lol:  

It kind of reminds me of the Invader Zim theme for some reason, which I also enjoy.

Anyways, here's the intro, both in SD and HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=D_UdZ_j2uXw

Sadly, after the show was canceled by Fox and un-canceled by Comedy Central, they started using a shortened version of the song which kinda ruins it a bit for me.  :(

Still catchy as hell, though.  :)

Edited by TheTEChguy27

• 9 years later...
On 2012-12-27 at 2:31 PM, Megas said:

Easily Megas XLR's "Chicks Dig Giant Robots". There's just something about the song title that sounds ridiculous, but manages to have some logic behind it. Plus it has one of the greatest guitar solos ever

This one still checks, it's really good. Power Rangers also deserves a mention for having great intros, I'd say every season from the original all the way to SPD have great themes. Everyone always talks about MMPR's opening so this time I'll give the nod to other themes. I'd say Turbo's probably my favorite theme after the original

1 hour ago, Megas said:

This one still checks, it's really good. Power Rangers also deserves a mention for having great intros, I'd say every season from the original all the way to SPD have great themes. Everyone always talks about MMPR's opening so this time I'll give the nod to other themes. I'd say Turbo's probably my favorite theme after the original

Just no:yeahno:  Do we really have to bring up this intro:mlp_gag:  

On 2012-12-27 at 2:44 PM, Dipper Pines said:

I was just wondering what your favourite show intros where other than my little pony. Here is my favourite one. Obviously This is my favourite TV show introduction.

Spoiler

Firefly 

Bones and CSI and CSI NY are cool too.
And Due South 

Forever Knight

Highlander 

Animorphs theme was the only good part of that show.

I love so many Pokémon themes too.

@Discordian yeah the Angel song was cool. “Sanctuary”.

Edited by Gale Wind
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Megas XLR - it's been a long time since I watched it, but the opener, still kicks. 

The Fantastic Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor

Freakazoid

Hanazuki: Full of Treasures

Mummies Alive

Edited by Sasoriman

I have many favorite non-MLP openings and endings.
I have 40+ blog entries here that include those so feel free to check that out of ya’ll want. 

I will post one of my favorites here, though.