55 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 2 months later...

Other then a few entertaining moments and AJ being great in this episode, everything was really bad, even the way the TW were defeated was cringy as hell. And spikes character made 0 sense. Its hard to take this episode canonically. 2\10,  Probably the worst episode of the show. 

(edited)

This is just a frustrating episode to watch because the writers have made Spike to be a total moron when we've seen in past episodes that he's very competent at what he does. Hell, he's been a source of moral support for Twilight on multiple occasions. It's like they forgot that he knows how to clean and how to cook or they thought him being clumsy and clueless is entertaining.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 2

• The topic was pinned
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

Spike at Your (bloody) Service was like the equivalent of a running gag of someone being a complete buffoon being repeated over and over again and trying to convince you that is funny for the millionth time when it's not after the second time. Plus, having a cliché plot that we already seen before in other cartoons can ' totally ' spice up the originality, am I right?

Yeah, that's how I feel about this episode. It's cringe from beginning to end.:yeahno:

At least I can say the only decent thing about this episode was the Timberwolves. They look really cool.

But other that, this episode makes me wanna watch Owl's Well it Ends Well again because that was a good Spike episode with genuinely funny moments and memorable quotes.

Edited by JMTV99

47 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

This episode is so stupid. I enjoy it. :mlp_icwudt: I used to hate it like everyone else, but now it has that so stupid, it's amusing appeal to me. 

26 minutes ago, Megas said:

Secretly the show's funniest episode

Okay, that's fine. I respect you guys' opinions.:squee:

• Brohoof 2

I also don't like how Spike is shown here and have a hard time believing that he is this incompetent. This is not a episode I hate or anything but there are definitely better ones out there.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

The CG for the timberwolves really doesn't hold up well, don't see what was wrong with their designs in Season 2.

On the topic of timberwolves, anyone else ever found it odd how nonchalant the characters were about destroying the them? The timberwolves show signs of sentience, and one of them literally chokes to death.

Fluttershy isn't gonna like this one...

• 1 year later...

In defence of this episode, I don't think it's horrible. I wouldn't call it good, but I did get a bit of enjoyment out of it.

I did find it odd that Spike was incompetent with every single task on the farm. It's been established that Spike has been helping Twilight for years, plus we've seen him manage many tasks throughout the show. That point is a pretty big part of the episode, so it always stuck out to me. I also don't even want to get into why the whole dragon code thing is silly. :p

In terms of what I liked. My favourite scene is the one where AJ, Rarity and RD are talking in the boutique. There was something very natural about it, so it always kind of stood out to me. Even though I do have issues with Spike's characterisation, I did find that Applejack was the best part of the episode. I did enjoy a couple of the jokes and I did like the ending.

This episode is pretty average to me. It has several faults, but it does also have its moments. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is probably one of the worst Spike episode. He's been Twilight's assistant for how long, and now suddenly he can't do a single chore right ? That doesn't fly. He should be able to do anything AJ asks of him, and then when there's nothing else to do, he goes on to help everyone else in Ponyville. There also the cliche "Oh no, the fake thing we had planned turned out to be a real threat after all".

2/10, it's not very good.