NavelColt

55 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Enjoyed the show as usual. Not gonna give a rating since I'm here to enjoy it and nothing more. That ending was d'aww though. The way Twilight daaww'd igujh aokhrgar oh god my heart!!

Plus that celtic song that was playing in the background while spike mentions the Dragon code.. man.. I am such a sucker for celty folky songs..

bla blaa bla. I enjoyed the ep just like I enjoyed the previous ones.

• Brohoof 1

I am generally not a fan of spike episodes (Secret of my excess was pretty good) but i just wasn't feeling this episode

the timber wolves looked absolutely amazing but i just dont think the episode was very fleshed out.

• Brohoof 2

It was a fun episode but I have one little nitpick with the Dragon Code premise. 

What about all the other times someone saved Spike's life?  He was saved from falling once in Secret of My Excess by Fluttershy or RD and again at the end of Crystal Empire by Princess Cadance.  I'm pretty sure he was saved other times too. 

• Brohoof 9

I like this episode. Not as much as I hoped, but I was kinda able to accurately predict how the outcome would be. I must say that I had mah hopes a little too high for this episode, though. Actually, way too high. I kept thinking too deep into this episode before it came out and was hoping for more explaination on AJ's parents. I thought that they were killed by timberwolves, so I was just waiting for something to reference them near the end of the episode. Sadly, this a kids show, in the 21st century. It ain't easy like that without breweing a shitstorm from parents :c. I think I should just ditch this thought until an FiM movie comes out or a future episode in, like, Season 4 covers that.

The two things I didn't like were, well 1. The fact that nothing on AJ's parents were mentioned and.... 2. The big timberwolf at the very end was killed by a pebble. He choked on a pebble. Come on, I was expecting something, like, Spike setting it on fire or something like that :/.

One thing that caught me offguard was when Spike rubbed AJ's back. For a moment, I thought he was massaging her butt :o.

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 4

First Rainbow Dash is a reading and now she is trying her hoof at writing, that sounds like some interesting fanfic material. The concept of the life debt has been around for thousands of years in legends, myths, novels comic books you name it and this was a rather interesting take on it. It kind of reminds me of Bowdaar who is a wookie and one of the companions for the Smuggler class in Star Wars The Old Republic in one conversation you have with him he talks about life debts and seems to have a different take on it then is considered the tradition view of his species.

The only issue I have with this episode was how poorly written spike was. They made him seem incompetent, and that whole "dragon code" thing was shoehorned in rather hard, despite things in the past completely contradicting it.

It had a rough start, but it got better as it progressed. my favorite part of the episode was the timberwolves, and I laughed my ass off at how the big one died choking to death on a pebble (spike throwing the rock sort of reminded me of david and goliath). There were plenty of funny moments amongst the other ponies as well.

So yeah, merriweather shows once again that she still has much to learn about some of the characters. It's amazing how much her episodes hit and miss, just the contrast between episodes like wonderbolt academy and mysterious mare do well.

• Brohoof 5

Second disappointing episode in a row, if anything this one was worse for me. Mainly for two reasons:

The first of them was that Applejack seemed out of character. In Apple Family Reunion, she seemed to be an awful lot like Twilight Sparkle in her almost "computer-like" methods of dealing with matters. But in that episode, it actually worked. Here, she showed similar traits, and ended up coming off like an idiot. Spike bowed down to Applejack, saying he'd do anything, and Applejack has shown herself to have enough common sense in the past to have been able to realize that this was her chance to dismiss Spike. Maybe we could've even had an old fable from Applejack - the Apple Family seem to know a fair few bits of old folklore.

Secondly, I did not like Pinkie Pie's experiment. Pinkie Pie was just being her weird and crazy self, but frankly, the rest of the Mane 6 were treating Spike like an idiot, expecting him to fall for their plan. Spike is NOT an idiot! Naive, but not an idiot. If I were Spike, I would've been very angry if a friend treated me like this. I'd regard it as flat out mockery! In fact, that reminded me of the Mysterious Mare Do Well.

• Brohoof 2

I'm...rather torn on this episode. Yeah there were things I liked, but there were just as many things that either ruined the episode for me or just seemed out of place entirely.

On the good side of things, pretty much all the characters are in-character. Rarity is her Drama Queen self, Pinkie Pie is delightfully crazy, Twilight is still the adorkable bookworm we know and love, Fluttershy is non-confrontational, Dash is still a braggart and prone to bad ideas (and apparently writes self-insert fanfiction of all things!) and AJ proves how badass she can be by taking on three Timberwolves with their CGI upgrade (more on that in a minute). All the scenes with the Mane 6 interacting with one another were some of the best and felt perfectly natural given each's personality.

Now we move onto the bad, the biggest of all being that I found Spike incredibly out of character in this episode. I understand him wanting to pay AJ back, but he comes off more as of an almost creepy stalker who refuses to take no for an answer, not helped at all by the scene with Rarity where he says, and I quote "She even chews beautifully." Also since when has Spike been this much of a clumsy walking disaster? He's shown how capable he can be working with Twilight, yet here he comes off as somebody who can't walk two feet without tripping over something (and yet he manages to build a huge structurally unsound and unstable tower without anything happening. Try and wrap your head around around that one.) 

Then there's the Timberwolves. Their appearance isn't just met with confusion at their changed appearance,  such as their apparent bad breath, but by the fact that they are purely CGI in a primarily solely Flash show. It's just kind of jarring to see this sudden shift in animation and just feels out of place, especially in regards to the giant merged one near the end which was it's own WTF moment.

My conclusion? I didn't like this episode. Spike's sudden utter incompetence dragged the episode through the mud for me and ruined any potential good the episode may or may not of had.   

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 8

I've enjoyed this episode as much as Spike has believed that fake timberwolf. That is, not enjoyed at all.

The very idea of this episode conflicts with the ending of "Owls Well That Ends Well". Dragon code is literally burped into the scene out of nowhere. I thought Spike was saved from all kinds of danger a few times, and he never went full-service on any savior.

What about the ending of "Secret of my Excess"? There is no reference to that at any moment, which is surprising to say the least, because we actually have Rarity and Spike in the same shot for a good minute or two.

It feels like a picturized fanfiction, to be honest.

The only interesting thing I can see in "Spike at your Service" is that pile of books Twilight got from the princess. Just a bunch of generic literature, or foreshadowing something?

• Brohoof 1

The only interesting thing I can see in "Spike at your Service" is that pile of books Twilight got from the princess. Just a bunch of generic literature, or foreshadowing something?

I wouldn't be surprised, I would think Celestia would give her an assignment like that for a reason. Knowing Twilight those books are probably extremely advanced books probably dealing with magic and history.

• Brohoof 1

Great episode. It had some of the best dialogue so far this season, and those Timberwolves looked amazing!

RD and AJ writing novels? I'd read them! :lol:

And I don't know why, but I enjoy episodes where characters lives are in danger.

I'm really glad they paid more attention to Applejack this season. She has always been one of my favorite ponies

• Brohoof 1

Pretty good episode. Of course, you can't go wrong with AJ and Spike :)

The Timberwolves have to be the coolest looking wild creatures I've seen in the show. I liked the whole T-1000 regeneration thing too.

Spike hanging onto Twilight's leg at the end was a bit creepy though :lol:

Edited by PonyHag1
  • Brohoof 1

It was a pretty good episode.  The animation on the Timberwolves was amazing.  It had multiple funny scenes.  All in all funny episode.  Fuel for shippers was high though.

Do you see what happens, giant timberwolf? Do you see what happens when you WAKE THE DRAGON?

Spike should have used his dragonfire. That would have been badass. Either way, that boss battle was too easy.

Well, this episode wasn't bad. I can say it's actually pretty good, but nothing too special (other than the Timberwolves).

Now, EPISODE REVIEW!

:lol:Things I liked:

• First of all, I love the animation in this one. It's amazing, especially for the timberwolves, and that balloon chase scene at the beginning.
  • Next, the characterization was good, and seeing as it was done by Merriwether Williams, who I've noticed wasn't very good in that department (particularly Rarity), I'm impressed.
  • Pacing's good, too, which I've noticed is a strong point in Williams' episodes.

:angry:Things I didn't really like:

• Despite the other characters being spot-on in characterization, Twilight's zoning out, which I'll point out isn't new, felt... well, weird for her. Sure, it happened in Dragonshy, but even if Twilight was really focused, I'm pretty sure she didn't really take in much of what Fluttershy said since her voice was awfully soft. In this one, however, Spike's voice was pretty loud. Oh well, only Twilight can pull herself out of the Twilight Zone.
  • That Noble Dragon Code thing, and how it retconned every other moment Spike's life was saved. I mean, so, Spike's like "Well, Twilight saved me before... Oh well, Applejack saved me, so now I pretty much have to be her slave. Oh, wait, Cadance saved me before, too! Hmm... Meh, Applejack's the orange one. I like orange." 
  • Brohoof 6

*sighs*

I didn't like it.

It was boring, went against several themes already set forth beforehand, and the 3D Timberwolves did not fit the show's animation style at all.

• Brohoof 5

*sighs*

I didn't like it.

It was boring, went against several themes already set forth beforehand, and the 3D Timberwolves did not fit the show's animation style at all.

Judgin' from the sigh, you don't seem to be liking any of the new episodes.

Anyways, I actually liked the timberwolves' 3D style. It looks a lot better with the cel-shading. Gives it that cartoony look. It also reminds me of the Borderlands video games, just not with as much detail.

Judgin' from the sigh, you don't seem to be liking any of the new episodes.

Anyways, I actually liked the timberwolves' 3D style. It looks a lot better with the cel-shading. Gives it that cartoony look. It also reminds me of the Borderlands video games, just not with as much detail.

I like some of the season 3 episodes. Sleepless in Ponyville, Magic Duel, and Wonderbolts Academy were top-notch. The rest just haven't really "clicked" with me, if you know what I mean :/ The characters seem kind of bland in some of the episodes, among other things I'm too lazy and tired to type right now.

The only part I really liked this episode was when Spike hugged Twilight's hind leg because I thought it was adorable :3

Edit: Also, Spike episodes aren't my thing. He's a character that I'd prefer to stay as a supporting character, not a main one. *shrugs*

Edited by Twiliscael

Heh this episode wasn't half bad for a Spike episode. Sure the plot of this episode was kinda of bland and predictable with the whole "save your life now I owe you until I save yours" but there was quite a few witty moments in there. Like Pinkies Mustache, Twilights obsession with reading you can't get her attention unless you disorganize her room and when the timverwolf motioned to hold on a second while choking. Oh and you can't forget about Applejacks unfinished novel.

Also I just want to note so people will stop complaining about how Spike could've used his fire breathe to burn the timberwolves. Spijes fire isn't even that strong to handle one of them let alone three he would've gotten gang raped so that's why he ran away. I look forward to seeing the Discord episode like 3 weeks from now

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~

For me, there were two highlights of this episode: Dash's self-insert novel and Twilight's need to fix the ink bottle.  Nothing else really stood out to me.

I don't think it was really a bad episode...  I thought everyone was fairly in character (except for Spike's random complete incompetence), and it wasn't insulting as far as I could tell.  It just wasn't really that good of an episode.  Luckily though, I didn't really expect anything more from a Spike episode whose entire plot could be determined just from the synopsis so I wasn't disappointed.

Well, this episode was far better than it had any right to be; I mean, c'mon, we've seen this premise a thousand and one times before.  Somepony saves somepony else's life, and the other pony feels the need to repay them, and inevitably conflict ensues, whether because they aren't good at helping, their help gets abused, or the one who saved them doesn't feel comfortable getting their help.  But my gosh, was the execution good or what?!?!  Studio B, you've done it again, you've crafted yet another excellent episode with a good lesson about true friendship.  So, let's begin with this review, shall we?

So, what did I like about this episode.  Well, first of all, it was excellently balanced between Spike and Applejack.  Studio B has frequently done episodes focusing on two characters in the past, such as "Sisterhooves Social", and we yet again had that today; the balance in screen time and episode focus on these two characters was outstanding!  It really felt focused on both of them the whole time; even as more and more of the Mane 6 got dragged into the situation, the episode's focus, in both screen time and lesson learned, stayed on Applejack and Spike, and that is just incredibly impressive storytelling right there.  Even though Spike needed to learn a lesson A LOT more than AJ (seriously, not actually sure what lesson she learned, and frankly I don't think she even learned one, all of the conflict stemmed from Spike's stubborn attachment to his Dragon Code), the lesson learned by Spike was great, and they both reaffirmed their friendship quite nicely.  Still, I'll break down next what I especially liked about both characters in this episode, so let's start with Spike.

First, Spike... well, if this episode reconfirmed anything about him, it's that he's bucking funny!!!!!!  Seriously, this guy was hilarious the whole episode, from the time he tried to find something to do.  However, the thing's he did did actually point to something a little deeper about his character, that being, he's still a baby dragon, not just physically, but in his mental development as well.  He's just not that old yet, and, hey, it shows.  I mean, seriously, the short list of thing's he'd been hoping to do, the frantic energy and destructive way in which he tried to help AJ!  Even the way he got into the Everfree Forest in the first place stems entirely from his limited capacity for thinking things through; I mean, heck, he basically SAW the hot air balloon and thought "Hey, hot air balloon, that looks fun!!!"  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Spike's stupid, that couldn't be further from the truth; what I'm saying is he's still young, and as such has a child's, or rather, baby dragon's mind, and it still shows all the time.  As such, he also has to learn frequently more basic lessons about friendship than the Mane 6, such as the one he learned today about how true friends just help each other out of friendship or love for one another, not in the hopes of getting something from each other!  For instance, last season he learned about how the Mane 6 are not just his friends, but his family, and the season before that he had to come to realize that he could never be replaced by a pet (although honestly Twilight did latch onto Owliscious pretty bucking quickly  ph34r.png ).  Point is, Spike's still growing up, and it shows all the time, but honestly, I don't mind, because like I said earlier, the results are usually hilarious!!!  Gosh dang, when Spike sets out to do something, he sets out to do it!!!  I will admit, I was a little surprised at how bad Spike was at helping AJ out, since he is an assistant to Twilight after all.  IDK, maybe I'd developed this false notion that Spike is some sort of everyman good at all sorts of things, and so was just a little taken aback at how BAD he was at farm chores!  But, in the end, it made sense; Spike's good at simpler, quieter chores, such as cleaning and organizing things in the tree house, not baking or other more laborious and demanding farm work.  All in all, though, the little guy's heart is in the right place, and he showed it especially when he was willing to stay behind to try and save AJ from what I can only describe as the Megatron of Timberwolves (yeah, more on them later)!!!  Spike, you're a funny little dude, but you're also awesome, and I wouldn't have ya any other way!!!  biggrin.png

Next, Applejack.  Well, I posted this earlier, but since it's so true, might as well post it again, this was the first thing I thought after AJ saved Spike from those Timberwolves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pP8FtjbhAE

And it's true!!!!  By Celestia's mane, it's true!!!!!  AJ is bucking Batman!!!  Seriously, she did not just save Spike once, but TWICE, from Timberwolves (yeah I'm counting that second time, I don't care if she got stuck immediately afterwards, it still counts).  She's courageous, got some sweet moves, and ready to help anypony out at anytime!  But ya know my favorite part about Applejack saving Spike?  Her reaction about it, meaning, her humility!  As we saw later in the episode, some of the Mane 6 (*cough* Rarity *cough* Rainbow Dash *cough*) would be more than happy to have Spike as their own personal assistant after saving his life, and I don't blame them for it, that's consistent with their characters, and I'm sure they'd get sick of him just as AJ did after seeing how, well, BAD he was at helping them out.  But what was Applejack's reaction from the very get go?  She told him to think nothing of it, that that's what friends do for each other!  Yeah, she accepted his help, but that's only because he was soooooo insistent that he help her, and she didn't want to make him feel bad about it, not because she actually wanted to take advantage of him.  She even got into trouble later on because she didn't want to hurt his feelings and because he was so persistent, along with the fact that she was busy saving his life, AGAIN!!!  Applejack once again showed that she is hands down probably the most mature of the Mane 6, particularly in her humility, which is a wonderful and sorely lacking character trait in far too many people these days.  In addition to that, Applejack was pretty uncharacteristically funny, especially later in the episode as she got more and more exasperated with Spike and when she was trying to fake being a damsel in distress (seriously, never thought AJ and damsel would ever be spoken about in the same sentence before this episode!  laugh.png ).  I thought it was also pretty cute and funny when she tried to get Twilight's attention; the fact that she knew so much as poking something out of place would get her Twi's attention just goes to show how close the Mane 6 are at this point, and how well they know each other.  Yeah, she didn't really have to learn much of a lesson compared to Spike, and actually helped teach it more than anything, but she did still need Spike's help in the end, so I guess in some ways she learned a minor lesson about accepting somepony else's help when YOU really need it, since, admirable as it was, she was still insisting when she was stuck that Spike save himself.  What else can I say except that AJ's awesome, and she's having one heck of a Season 3!!!!!!!  Keep being awesome AJ!!!!

Well now, let's talk timberwolves.  Once again, we had another very cool magical object, or rather, creature, this season, even if it was introduced last season, and I couldn't be happier.  Ever since they were introduced last season, timberwolves have struck me as one of the coolest creatures in the MLP universe, and also one of the most original.  Their whole design, and the very concept about them, is very cool and creative, and I'm very happy to see Studio B delving more into timberwolves and explaining what they are.  You got the sense from the get-go that these guys are dangerous, I mean, REALLY dangerous creatures, since they have a very menacing and inhuman, or rather, inpony design, even compared to some of the other creatures we've seen.  They're savage, they're brutal, and you got the sense the whole time that they'd like nothing better than to tear you apart.  Their magical properties are also very cool as well, if not a little disconcerting.  I mean, can they actually die?  AJ busted them twice and they put themselves back together both times (yeah, I'm kinda sad now that her kill count is nil  sad.png ), and the second time they put themselves back together into this monstrous, ginormous, Mega-Timberwolf thing (WHICH WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!  In addition to the very concept, let me reiterate that their design in general is AWESOME!  The animation on them was spectacular, and different compared to the usual Flash animation, and only served to make them appear even more animalistic.  Overall, I'm very pleased that Studio B decided to return to the timberwolves, since they're such cool creatures, and hope to see more of them in the future!

Next, the Mane 6!  There was a lot of the Mane 6 actually, and let me be the first to say, they were bucking hilarious!!!  First of all, in an AJ/Spike episode, I did not expect to see as much of Mane 6 as we did.  But boy was I wrong!!!  Heck, as the episode kept going, we got more and more and MORE of the Mane 6, and it was awesome!!!  They just kept getting funnier and funnier!  Twilight was hilarious with her assignment (honestly, I doubt that Celestia told her to read those 12 books in a weekend, I figure that was just Twilight's own personal challenge for herself  happy.png ), and then we got RD and Rarity!!!  Holy cow, those two were too funny, especially RD (even her popping into the scene out of nowhere was hilarious!)!  I wasn't surprised in the slightest that they'd readily take Spike as an assistant, it was hilarious seeing Rarity trying to humor Spike (yet again!!!), and Rainbow Dash is officially the first fan fiction writer of the MLP universe!!!  RD even got in over her head (even by her own admission  laugh.png )!!!  But the best, and funniest, part had to be at the end once Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight joined the group.  First, we haven't gotten to see the Mane 6 in-depth conducting their usual plans that much this season, so that was nice to see again.  But boy howdy, it was bucking funny this time!!!  That whole plan to get Spike to drop his Dragon Code had me in stitches the whole time, both in the planning and execution!!!  Pinkie Pie was, well, Pinkie Pie (what else do you expect) and that moustache gag, though random, was really funny, Rarity's attempts at teaching AJ how to be a damsel were bucking hilarious, RD's timberwolf roar (and Fluttershy's reaction) were both awesome, hilarious, and frankly not surprising  tongue.png , and the fake timberwolf was too funny in it's whole design!  Heck, even Twilight jumping out of the woods once the real timberwolves showed up was bucking hysterical, just her whole reaction and everything!!!  Overall, considering the episode stayed so nicely focused on AJ and Spike, the fact that we were able to get so much of the Mane 6 was a surprising but awesome treat, and just goes to show yet again how unbelievably good Studio B is at pacing episodes!!!  smile.png

Well, that about does it for this review.  The animation was great once again (still can't get over how awesome looking those timberwolves were!!!), the plot was executed outstandingly, and, as I said at the beginning, far better than it had any right to be, all the characters were funny and awesome as usual, and hey, we got another AJ (+Spike) episode that stayed focused on the main characters of the episode, which is AWESOME!!!!  Overall, this episode, considering the retread premise, was a very pleasant surprise; although it shouldn't be that surprising at this point how good Studio B is at putting together episodes, they just never cease to find a way to surprise me in some new way, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!  This was also a nice episode to end the year 2012 on, especially considering it'll be three weeks before we get a new episode.  And boy howdy, what an episode it's going to be!!!  img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png   Fillies and gentlecolts, prepare your flanks for the unbridled and almost incomprehensible awesomeness that will be the return of Discord, plus the first (and most likely only) Fluttershy episode of Season 3, that we will be graced with once new episodes resume in 2013 on January 19 in that which shall be known as "Keep Calm and Flutter On"!!!!!!  I can practically taste the Chaos already!!!!!!  Mmmmmm... it tastes like chocolate rain!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, sweet, yummy, delicious Chaos, I want you right now!!!  You truly are a wonderful, WONDERFUL THING!!!!!!!!!!  laugh.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 4

Well, this episode "Spike at Your Service" wasn't the best. It had some great moments with the Mane Six, yet there seems to be a consensus that Spike was acting out of character this time around.

I would say @Wingnut said it best in the espisode's topic, saying:

"What about all the other times someone saved Spike's life?  He was saved from falling once in Secret of My Excess by Fluttershy or RD and again at the end of Crystal Empire by Princess Cadance.  I'm pretty sure he was saved other times too."

The little paper he spits out stating that he must serve Applejack is obviously drawn in crayon by him.

Spike_presenting_a_note_S3E09.png

SEEMS LEGIT.

Also, when he helps outside of this episode, specifically with Twilight, he is quite competent and knows what he is doing.

This time he acted high, with a concussion, and ill.

It was a disappointing episode, which was mostly caused and compounded by his "Dragon Code" that was such made up bulls**t and not really aligned with Spike's character.

Hey no one is perfect. It seems this episode is not the show's wonderful writers' best work.

• Brohoof 8

Ok, now that it has sunk in a little bit I suppose I'll write a more comprehensive review of the episode.

The plot of the episode wasn't exactly original, I think Party Cannon made a thread a while back about shows that have done similar things. I didn't particularly mind though.

The scene with Applejack saving Spike was great, she got to show off how badass and reliable she is. It might be my favorite scene of the episode.

I was a bit confused with regards to Spike's "assistance" since in the past, while he has screwed up, he has been shown to be at least basically competent. I didn't really see that in this episode and it confused me.

I liked that we got to see more of the mane 6 in this episode than in the last one. One of the things that I think that this season has had to sacrifice are episodes that focus on all of them completing a task by collaborating. In order to try to ensure that all of them get individual episodes and character development we haven't seen them act as a unit very much, so this was a breath of fresh air.

The Noble Dragon Code confused me, as it really should have come up by now. Dash and Fluttershy teamed up to save his life way back in season 2, so I'm not seeing why it didn't apply then. My best guess is that the Code is something that he learned about offscreen during Dragon Quest. I can't especially imagine those dragon jackasses having a code, but I guess I'll handwave it as something he heard an older dragon mention at some point. It does seem like an inconsistency though.

I enjoyed how the Mane 6 were used in this episode for the most part, Applejack was great and I liked how they addressed that her honesty would make her a very bad actor. Rarity got to showcase some kindness by eating the terrible pie to spare Spike's feelings. I also enjoyed her giving Applejack damsel in distress lessons.  Rainbow Dash tried to solve the problem in her own way, and while it didn't work she showed that she is one tough mare. I also want to read her book which, as I stated before, I believe will inspire us all and be the darling of English Majors all over the world.

Incidentally, it is now my headcanon that Gilda taught Dash to roar when they were at flight camp. That was unexpected, but amazing.

Now for a few things that I didn't like. There was a callback to The Crystal Empire where we found out that abandonment by Twilight is what Spike fears most, that was good. What wasn't so good was Twilight blowing him off, and how it didn't feel quite resolved by the end. Eh. I also didn't like how they expected Spike to fall for their ruse, it didn't feel very respectful of his intelligence.

Overall it was alright. Some good things, some bad things. It wasn't quite as good as Sleepless in Ponyville or Wonderbolt Academy, but it was pretty good.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

Ha, i liked the episide, may not have such an amazing plot(on the contrary, it was driven quite weakly), but it still sucked me in, and kept me entertained. Some parts of it were questionable though;

Background info on the dragon code thing?(or is it not needed?)

is that how spike came to serve twilight, perhaps? (probably not XP)

I was half expecting spike to do some next fireblast to take down the timberwolves :P

oh, and +1 to dashie's novel^^ also, AJ's pretty strong :blink: