Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is anyone here over 30?

almozayaf

i'm 31 years old ( don't judge me for watch cartoon :(  )

i wander is there members here older thin me or at my age

:mellow:  i was thinking most brony at my age, but look like i'm the oldest one here <_<

and do you think sameone at my age must leave the fourm and the fandom

Nay. All are welcome. I'm 22 and even I get crap for watching this show (from haters, at least)

We always welcome people from all age groups. I'm sure there's others around your age. I know there's some late-20's users here, or was a few months ago. Fairly certain there was a point where we had someone in their 40's but who knows if they are still here.

I give you a hearty welcome to the forum and fandom.

I will be 27 next month and if this fandom survives into my 30's which is fairly likely I am not going to just pack up and leave because I am a few years older. I think I will probably still be watching cartoons/anime, reading comic books/manga and playing video games well into my 90's.

• Brohoof 4

Age really should be no matter for leaving this forum or the community :( . I will stay a brony until I grow real old, hopefully :D

I myself am 21, I guess many users are between 18- 25 on this forum,  but for example my friend TwilightCircuits is 36 years old, and he is a real cool guy to talk to, check him out on my friends list if you want to, he is a nice person.

• Brohoof 2

What? Of course not!! ^^ Stay with us!~ I don't think one should be judged by age.  All that should matter is that you enjoy yourself.  If one like the show, then they like it, regardless of age.  I would never judge or look down on a person just for finding something that brings them joy.  Everyone is different and everyone is unique and that's one of the many things that makes the community so great! Everyone should be/feel welcomed and I personally think that it's wonderful you find enjoyment in it!

Oh! And I'm actually 23... so yeah xD

Edited by Amaris NSane
  • Brohoof 1

I am one of those bronies who is in their 30s. I turn 31 next birthday. I think we are the top side of the demographic in age, but that's no reason to leave the fandom. I don't think you can choose to like or dislike anything. If you like pretty colored ponies dancing on the screen, then that's something you can either accept or deny about yourself. Myself, I choose to accept that fact about myself and live my life in awareness of it. If it makes you happy, and hurts no one in the process, who is anyone to tell you that it's wrong?

• Brohoof 1

im 29 at the moment, and age aint nothing but a number. i rather be an eccentric old man with ponies then like those my age who bought into the married with kids life. 

There is no reason why you couldn't do both if you wanted to, I could easily see myself as a father watching cartoons and playing video games with the kids either way though I am going to be only one person and that is myself.

Well I bet regardless if I'll be "Brony 5ever! (Dat mean he like ponies moar den 4ever!)" or just look on this stage of my life fondly (or with contempt) 15-ought years from now, I know for certain that it's been an interesting experience of change and dynamicism in my life during which I liked ponies.

I turn 22 in February.

There is no reason why you couldn't do both if you wanted to, I could easily see myself as a father watching cartoons and playing video games with the kids either way though I am going to be only one person and that is myself.

true, but im in no hurry to settle down anytime soon. the lifestyle idea of being married with kids just doesnt appeal to me at this point in my life, so im not in a big rush to change it. 

for some reason, i see myself in my 40s, never married, no kids, and loving life to the max. working security, building shit, etc. age, dont grow old. 

Nice to see there are older bronies here. I actually thought I was one of the oldest members here at 25 but you guys have proven me wrong. I still get the impression that most members here are in their teens though. That just seems to be the age range that we attract most, from what I've seen. Hopefully as we grow we'll become even more diverse.

When I first joined this forum, before going inactive, back in February, I posted my age.  I was told at the time that they were pretty sure I was the oldest on this site.  Even at that time I personally knew someone who was in his late 60's that was a Brony.  John De Lancie himself is 64 and considers himself a Brony.  I see at least two people have posted on this thread that are older than me.  Anyway I am 36 but will be 37 in less than 2 weeks.  Usually I hear Bronies described as being 13-35 years old.  That has kinda bugged me.  To me anyone who is not a 4-8 year old girl qualifies as a Brony.  I think you are going to find more and more older Bronies in the coming years.  It is only because of the roots of the Brony movement that Young men were the first to catch on to it.  

I love how so many people who are under 30 are posting their age in this thread (I guess I'm guilty too, I'm only 19).

But no, your age is no reason to leave the fandom. Age is only a number, what matter is how you feel in your heart. :) And if the heart wants ponies, the heart gets ponies, regardless of a value as ambiguous as the number of years you've existed.

In the words of CS Lewis:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

I'd like to think CS Lewis would be a Brony if he were still alive.

Edited by StratoPegasus

I love how so many people who are under 30 are posting their age in this thread (I guess I'm guilty too, I'm only 19).

But no, your age is no reason to leave the fandom. Age is only a number, what matter is how you feel in your heart. :) And if the heart wants ponies, the heart gets ponies, regardless of a value as ambiguous as the number of years you've existed.

Oh, I have no doubt that CS Lewis would be a Brony.  An intelligent man, artistic, open-minded.  He'd be writing the best fanfics. 

"Leaving the Fandom" has become a sort of a meme.  I posted a bit about it someplace else on an Anti-Brony video.  Of course almost none of the people that say that actually leave the Fandom.  I think On Jan 8th I'll leave the Fandom because I'm 36 but on the 9th I'll rejoin since I won't be 36 any more.

In the words of CS Lewis:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he was, he would probably like the creativity it has inspired and might even write a few fanfics himself but even if he wasn't he at the very least wouldn't be a hater.