Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sweet Celestia...

Party Cannon

I was browsing Wikipedia, to see which episode is next...

I can't believe it...read the description to Keep Calm and Flutter On...

post-9526-0-87770800-1356807037_thumb.jpg

DISCORD'S BACK! AND THEY'RE GUNNA MAKE HIM GOOD!

Edited by Party Cannon
  • Brohoof 5

Hello!

Why do i have bad feelings about this?

It will probably turn out ruining one of the charecters for me...

Secret message, you've found it!

They did a similar thing with Q and its one of my favorite episodes of star trek. It is something they have to handle with care, but I dont think you should go in with dread. 

• Brohoof 2

This is a bit of old news, mate, but yes, others (including me) are pretty darn excited about this. But what makes you sure they're going to make him good?

Haha I just realized it. *SPECULATION/SPOILERS* Discord's Future & Character Direction Discussion has covered this already. :blush:

I just found out. :lol: hahaha.

Still, I am excited.

I think they will make him good because that is what "reform" means. Obviously I don't know if they will be successful, yet there is a chance...

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, this is rather old news, but whatever.

I honestly love that Discords coming back, but I am only liking 20% of the reformation part.  I honestly hope they do something with his character while making him good.  I know I'm beating an old rumor, but that Starswirl thing is pretty cool.  

• Brohoof 1

Haha I just realized it. *SPECULATION/SPOILERS* Discord's Future & Character Direction Discussion has covered this already. :blush:

I just found out. :lol: hahaha.

Still, I am excited.

I think they will make him good because that is what "reform" means. Obviously I don't know if they will be successful, yet there is a chance...

Aye, but wouldn't making him good, really destroy the way we have seen him since?

I'm not judging immediately that it's going to be a bad episode, i'm just a little worried that they're going to mess up this time.

Aye, but wouldn't making him good, really destroy the way we have seen him since?

I'm not judging immediately that it's going to be a bad episode, i'm just a little worried that they're going to mess up this time.

^ This. I agree. Discord is in my top five favorite characters, and I'd hate them to ruin him. I think it's interesting though, that Fluttershy wants to give him a chance. When she was pulling Twilight's hot air balloon trying to catch the Discorded Rainbow Dash, she called him a 'BIG DUMB MEANIE' and Fluttershy hardly ever says stuff like that. Plus Discord deformed her wittle bunnies. :(

Edited by Swick

I agree. That's a very valid worry. This is indeed as @Anadu Kune said something that has to be done with care. It will be odd having him as an ally for sure, as it goes against who he really is. With proper writing it can make sense.

This is tough. Hopefully he doesn't just end up as a male Pinkie Pie.

WRITERS DON'T LET US DOWN!

Edited by Party Cannon
  • Brohoof 2

^ This. I agree. Discord is in my top five favorite characters, and I'd hate them to ruin him. I think it's interesting though, that Fluttershy wants to give him a chance. When she was pulling Twilight's hot air balloon trying to catch the Discorded Rainbow Dash, she called him a 'BIG DUMB MEANIE' and Fluttershy hardly ever says stuff like that. Plus Discord deformed her wittle bunnies. :(

interestingly enough, from the short description of the episode, it says that Celestia tasked the ponies to reform him. One thing i also hope, it might be a little of topic, that this episode doesn't turn out as an embracement of the Discord x Celestia thing (Dear mother, please no!). But i wonder where this "Fluttershy giving him a chance" part comes in the episode... Especially after the examples you gave me where she calls him like that...

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxK_nA2iVXw

Many people would love to see Discord become docile and perhaps an unusual or obtuse friend of the mane cast. However, many people would also love to see Discord continuing to be a very vehement antagonist, and this move by the show makers would be seen as incontrovertibly "bad".

Yea, kinda old news. What I noticed is that the next episode is a Twilight/Spike episode... again.

Em1tF.png

Lack of Rarity aside, I'm with Concord. I don't want Discord ruined. And how is he not stone anymore? Seems a bit fan service-y. :/

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a little mixed about this. :huh:  I think that Discord turning good would make an excellent episode but only if they keep his character mostly intact and they do the episode correctly, Don't make him a goody two shoes. Let him still have his mischievous side but in more of a prankish style then truly evil, after all his mischievous side is what makes him awesome anyway. :wub:

I'm a little mixed about this. :huh:  I think that Discord turning good would make an excellent episode but only if they keep his character mostly intact and they do the episode correctly, Don't make him a goody two shoes. Let him still have his mischievous side but in more of a prankish style then truly evil, after all his mischievous side is what makes him awesome anyway. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY...and WHAAAAAAAT ? at the same time.

This seems like an awesome idea but...At the same time it seems like this could go wrong. They better have made this episode really good because just one or two slip ups could send the whole thing into a nose dive...Like most things.

I'm kind on the fence with this one. I think Discord was one of the better villains (even though I actually didn't like those two episodes the first time I saw them) Discord is chaos, and turning him good would take a lot. I would think it would take at least the Elements of Harmony to do so. Witch raises the question, why didn't they do that in the first place since it work for Night Mare Moon? On the other hoof, It could be totally awesome to have him on the side of good. I'm exited, and anxious to see what happens in this episode.

post-8163-0-16795000-1356809929.jpeg

Edited by Arcus Wind

Usually I don't like to think in terms of black and white, but isn't it that where there is harmony, there is chaos? I mean, what would that mean is discord were to be "reformed?" Considering he is the spirit of disharmony and all?

My theory on Discord is that he was frozen in stone and not killed to preserve the spirit of chaos, in order to counterbalance with harmony. You can't destroy the idea of chaos. So what happens now if he is reformed? 

Though considering it is just a single episode, it may be not the best result we could hope for.

I'm keeping an eye on you Dave Polsky.  <_<

• Brohoof 1

I really, really hope it turns out well. Taking a loved villain and reforming them can go wrong in so many ways. It brings up so many questions. How will they bring discord back? Why would they want to? Why pick fluttershy? If they succeed in reforming him, will he be a recurring good character in the show now? Will he end up as another Tank or Peewee and never be seen again? Does he actually want to be reformed (I doubt that)?

I think it's great that he's coming back, but I really, really hope they don't screw up his character at all. It could be an amazing episode, or it could be a flop. I suppose he's returning to show that even villains should get another chance and can see the magic of friendship (but didn't Trixie already kinda do that), but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

This could be messed up easily, but it also has potential to be one of the best episodes. Discord doesn't have to turn into a goody-two-shoes, he just has to rein in his impulses enough to not make life miserable for the ponies of Equestria. I'm not sure if the writers can pull off that kind of balancing act, but I'll be delighted if they succeed.

Ah. Just stumbled upon this. So this is why people keep getting knotted up about Season 3. I see.

Well. I have a very hard time imagining how you can make Discord be good and still be Discord. There's sort of this whitewashing effect where most characters who switch sides lose all of their interesting character traits. What does Discord do if he isn't an evil manipulative bastard? He's such a primal force of chaos that toning him down would leave him completely neutered.

Not that I'd be particularly excited about seeing him back as a villain, either. He's so grossly overpowered that you can't really have the ponies fight him and sealing him up yet again would diminish him by making fall for the same trick once more as well as diminishing the Elements by having his recent imprisonment be so short-lived as to be meaningless.

So this episode, if it's really planned and not a rumor, is about 90% likely to be painfully saccharine and awful and about 10% to be game-changingly awesome.  If they can somehow make this happen without ruining him as a character.

Of course, the description doesn't actually say that he's coming out of his prison, so he may well stay in statue form the entire episode and communicate via telepathy or some sort of dream world.

I think it would be a great episode if the mane 6 fail to convert him to being good.

Maybe they could convert him from chaotic evil to chaotic neutral. I don't really see discord being chaotic good.

Sometimes you just can't change people.