gaming A pony Tactic game...?

GabharTheGamer

Tactical games  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like tactic-based games?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I`l tell you in a responce.

Alright,i aint sure i put this in the right section but anyways i just wanted some oppinions.

I've been thinking about starting some sort of fan game but i kinda wanted to know if anyone would be interested about tactical based games like Fire emblem or Final fantasy tactics,stuff like that.

I'm not asking for anything here,just sorta a headcount/poll thingy of ponies who likes tactical games.

I made a poll on ponysquare but here i got more chances of an answer y`know. 

It largely depends on how well it is you make the game. I dislike most tactic games, but I do absolutely love Final Fantasy 9. It's more about the experience rather than the gameplay for me. 

I would guess that it would be rather fun, simply because ponies. If it were out there and easily available to me, I would perhaps look into it. 

Hey... why not. A pony game is a pony game. It all really depends on how you deliver it. I'm not a personal fan of tactical games, but if it is presented really well and if it performs really well, I'd play it.

Aye! That will be interesting, but turn-based strategy seems like losing its strength after a some period of play time. Like Fire Emblem, I do love that game, but it went too buckin hard, not because of the strategy, but because my party rely to some god-like characters. I've tried to rise every character in the party, but none of my character was good enough because I shared the exp to each character.
According to that experience, I suggest you not to make so many characters for the party.

Well, still, RPG is more interesting to play, especially MMO, but not the one with thick RPG element on it. It will make the character too god-like and it turns too boring to play.

Hahaha..... A pokemon pony game? Now THAT I would play! Finding wild ponies and catching them would sure be fun. And of course the mane 6 would be legendary pokeponies.

• Brohoof 1

That does sound like a pretty neat idea! I mean I love games like that: Fire Emblem, FF, Pokemon, Paper Mario :P, and the whole genre is just tons of fun.

It would be neat to see a mlp/rpg tactic game though for sure.

I've been thinking of making a mod for Fire emblem actualy! 

I love the Checker/Chess stylle it has.

And i have plenty of spare time considering my life style :P

• Brohoof 1

I've been thinking of making a mod for Fire emblem actualy! 

I love the Checker/Chess stylle it has.

And i have plenty of spare time considering my life style :P

Check it out ;D! Got yourself a nifty idea there and let me tell you that sound really awesome! There is quite a lack on mlp-related games out there as you know. I mean we do have that one for the Iphone etc and fighting is magic. But you know what I am talking about.

Hahaha..... A pokemon pony game? Now THAT I would play! Finding wild ponies and catching them would sure be fun. And of course the mane 6 would be legendary pokeponies.

Ponymon exist pal,i tough about it but heck...Someone was 20% faster!

http://ponymondawndusk.wikia.com/wiki/Ponymon_Dawn/Dusk_Wiki

I had no idea it existed but good thing i google each of the idea i have,in case somepony thinks about it before i do.

Ponymon exist pal,i tough about it but heck...Someone was 20% faster!

http://ponymondawndusk.wikia.com/wiki/Ponymon_Dawn/Dusk_Wiki

I had no idea it existed but good thing i google each of the idea i have,in case somepony thinks about it before i do.

Oh god.... I was expecting something completely different. That just didn't sit right with me. I don't know what it was. It just didn't.

• Brohoof 1

Oh god.... I was expecting something completely different. That just didn't sit right with me. I don't know what it was. It just didn't.

Same here,mods for GBA games just arent good unless you go around and ask people what they think thorough the project.Many mods i've seen were huge flops just because the website they were posted on just didn't like it.

Same here,mods for GBA games just arent good unless you go around and ask people what they think thorough the project.Many mods i've seen were huge flops just because the website they were posted on just didn't like it.

A mod is a mod but I was actually thinking that they had completely changed the game and added their own theme to it but still keeping the basic gaming engine. When I look at this.... it looks all the did was substitute stuff and replaced it with forums. And I'm only saying this out of glancing at the mod. I didn't even completely look through it because I just couldn't continue looking at it.

I would adore a Final Fantasy Tactics-esque game for ponies! I'm not sure what all it would be or how it would work...but it would seem to be quite the nice idea that I would love to see.

Final fantasy tactics is DEFINITELY something i want to try but fire emblem seems more realistic.In terms of tools and resources(I have a shite laptop and playsation requires a buckload of memory to emulate,let alone edit)

I'm gonna go and poke around some Fire emblem editing and i'l get back to you guys if you'r still interested.

Alright,i poked about everything i could find for fire emblem.

For starters, an artist is something i will need,it doesn't have to be a great artist.

In fact the opposite of great might be good too,as long as they can something good with only 16 different colors for the whole picture.A basic: GBA images such as sprites,backgrounds and others as such can be changed with very much anything as long as the new image only has 16 different colors.(And i mean really only 16 colors)Considering Equestria's inhabitant are for most technicolored ponies we would be just fine with any sprite artist.

The game need Mugshots for talking scenes and sprites for battle.

Secondly,Music.

Music is not as important as the rest,MIDI format music can be inserted into GBA games.

This means that if no composer is interested,i can always go and scavenge some music from old videogames.

Then there's the coding

Coding the game's basics can be made by me,i had a lot of practice in my non-brony days.I can change classes so each characters can evolve according to the story. For example  Character Twilight Sparkles class-Unicorn could become Harmony Unicorn by using a class changing item(Those who played fire emblem knows what i'm talking about)

The stat Growth,item editing and text writing is good for me.

However i have no experience in making maps or changing events.Sure i can learn but this would slow down the production,if can do, i will find a coder at Fire emblem shrine dot Net.

Don't worry an instant for the main story,as egocentric as it may sound,i doubt i will need help there.

And then,the most important.

Some ponies who support/likes the idea.

The project will most obviously fail at some point if no one is interested.

Just Reani and Kyronea brohoofing my post gets me optimistic enough tough.

I mean,this post is pretty long,i don't usually write this much!

Just interest in this will keep me going and ,as long a nopony comes and trash talk me,i dont think this idea will be dead at all.

:)

• Brohoof 2