Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Oh noes Dave Polsky:O

Anadu Kune

Wait, so the next episode is written by the guy who wrote "Feeling Pinkie Keen"?

mlfw4878-d99.gif

People need to stop being so uptight over a cartoon.

Wait, so the next episode is written by the guy who wrote "Feeling Pinkie Keen"?

mlfw4878-d99.gif

People need to stop being so uptight over a cartoon.

Yes, he wrote the episode that Lauren Faust herself reportedly apologized for its existence, since it was deemed one of the most controversial MLP episodes in which its message was worded in such a way that caused many people to think it promoted a "theism vs. atheism" debate in favor of the former while demonizing the latter.

Of course, plenty of us (such as you yourself, I'm sure) know that's utter bullplop. I think "Feeling Pinkie Keen" is really meant to teach how a skeptic should not limit their worldview to the known, or use it as a means of making people who have faith in indeterminable factors look bad.

From the looks of things, there will be two basic parties in the next episode: the protagonist party (Fluttershy and Princess Celestia) who think Discord deserves another chance, and the antagonist party (Fluttershy's friends) who do not. I think people are worried the antagonist party will be portrayed more as the villains than Discord (after all, "antagonist" does not mean "villain"), and that the message at the end will vaguely reinforce their purported villainy, similar to "Feeling Pinkie Keen".

So, yes, we really should stop being uptight over a cartoon, because when that happens, no one has fun.

Edited by immblueversion

I know what you're saying, I mean, just look at him...

.polsky.jpg

Look at him, he's clearly plotting against us.

I don't even know if that's the correct Dave Polsky

We have to do something! Nao! D:

He wrote for such horrible and totally not great things like Pokemon and Scary Movie 2, How ever will we survive.

Clearly he wrote an episode that got some extreme Atheists in a bunch. This episode is going to change everything. Oh noes!

MYo4a.jpg

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 3

No, you-know-who went from being humanity's greatest enemy to it's greatest advocate.  By the end of the series he was introduced in he helped save humanity, pretty big development since in his first appearance he put it on trial.

The only reason Q stopped being humanity's greatest enemy, is because the Borg took that title.  And guess who was responsible for them encountering the Borg?  Q.

Not to mention, if Q wasn't considered an enemy anymore, then why would the Federation have warned Janeway to not trust him?

Bear in mind that there is a difference between being a villain, and being an antagonist.

Edited by SBaby

z8gWA.png

honestly, maybe its because im not that picky, but i dont really care who or what writes the episode, an episode is an episode, there hasnt been one that ive hated, but ill admit, there have been some ones that i didnt bother watching a 2nd time

• Brohoof 1

The only reason Q stopped being humanity's greatest enemy, is because the Borg took that title.  And guess who was responsible for them encountering the Borg?  Q.

Not to mention, if Q wasn't considered an enemy anymore, then why would the Federation have warned Janeway to not trust him?

Bear in mind that there is a difference between being a villain, and being an antagonist.

No, he introduced the Federation to the Borg before they were supposed to encounter each other and in doing so may have saved the Federation. This was probably his intention all along.  And it's probably a good idea not to trust an omnipotent trickster god who's motives are probably beyond human understanding.  By the end of TNG he's really more of anti hero. 

Edited by brian577
  • Brohoof 1

No, he introduced the Federation to the Borg before they were supposed to encounter each other and in doing so may have saved the Federation. This was probably his intention all along.  And it's probably a good idea not to trust an omnipotent trickster god who's motives are probably beyond human understanding.  By the end of TNG he's really more of anti hero. 

That is indeed possible, but what you said here is mere conjecure.  There's no factual basis to support your theory of Q 'saving the Federation' by introducing them to the Borg early, and if memory serves me correctly, he wasn't exactly a 'good guy' when he did it.  If he did save the Federation by introducing them to the Borg early, it definitely wasn't intentional, though I hate to speculate on anything Star-Trek-related without clear facts to back up said speculation.

Anyway, I already gave my thoughts on Dave Polsky and how I think people are overreacting a bit.  So I'll leave it at that.

Edited by SBaby

Pinkie Keen and Over a Barrel are not two of my favorite episodes, but Too Many Pinkies is. I'm an atheist too and while the lesson in Pinkie Keen suprised me it didn't upset me. But then the more I thought about it the more likely it seemed that the episode was just botched anyway and thats all there is to it. That Polsky did botch a couple of episodes does concern me, but its a mild concern at most. I'm sure I'll enjoy the episode as I've enjoyed all the episodes to a greater or lesser extent.

...and Starswirl, you did not just bring up David Hume. LOL *brohoofs*

I normally don't pay attention to episode's writers or memorize the writers who write each episode, but I can't say that Dave Polsky episodes have ever seemed unusually bad to be, nor could I say the same for episodes written by Merriweather (probably spelled that wrong) Williams. I honestly don't understand the hate certain writers get for writing episodes.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, so M.A. Larson tweeted that Meghan McCarthy was story editor for the episode. Unless she does that for pretty much every episode, does that mean anything, and will it calm everyone down about this?

Actually she's been the lead story editor for the show since Rob Renzetti left the show at the end of season 2. So no, it doesn't mean anything.

Actually she's been the lead story editor for the show since Rob Renzetti left the show at the end of season 2. So no, it doesn't mean anything.

Then clearly it was a joke. And if the writers are comfortable enough to joke about it, should we really have any reason to worry?